Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    You people must be in really shit guilds if they are not willing to help you to obtain flasks and potions for raids.
    But it is hard to supply even oneself with these items Nevermind a whole raid team. We are trying in mine but it is hard. Specially when you add in some of those herbs are needed for food too. At this point flasks and food are made for raiders and potions we make last expansions for now as they are way to expensive to make or buy right now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    It will settle down once Felwort Rank 3 becomes more common. At least until that method is nerfed. Will be interested to see if that quest can be completed in LFR.
    That has next to nothing to do with flasks and potions though. It still takes getting to rank 3 in herbing the herbs, specially true for the rose since without rank 3 can get dust, and getting to rank 3 in the potions and flasks for extra procs and both take rng to get there. There is no set number of picks or made items to trigger rank 3. I have made over 500 agility flasks and still not rank 3 a guildie got his on his first one made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    You missed the part that even herbing is pain right now.
    I missed nothing. The scarcity of herbs presents an opportunity to those willing to herb... rustle those herbs... even I do it.... if THAT is too painful for you then get the shoulder enchant and mass murder mobs for the herb bags.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I just really wish starlight rose cost as high as 350g on my server. :P 150g on my high pop realm. Flask prices are still so ridiculous, and have gone up since opening raid night, that I refuse to buy the Legion ones for raiding until price goes down/BoS vendor is implemented. My raiding is still too casual for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    That has next to nothing to do with flasks and potions though. It still takes getting to rank 3 in herbing the herbs, specially true for the rose since without rank 3 can get dust, and getting to rank 3 in the potions and flasks for extra procs and both take rng to get there. There is no set number of picks or made items to trigger rank 3. I have made over 500 agility flasks and still not rank 3 a guildie got his on his first one made.
    It does in conjunction with Aethril rank 3 and large groups of herbalists, its just indirect.

So I guess mana people sacked their Herbalism in WoD, due to garrisons, while on the same time some herbs are abit harder to farm. Combine this with the ludicris amounts of gold you could get through Garrisons, and you get overpriced stuff, because there are people that can pay for it.
    Just the fact that 1 Fjarnskaggl costs between 150-200g (And about the same for Fox Flowers) and 220-350g per Starlight Rose, just makes the price go up.

Another thing, Blizzard did increase the materials needed for Pots and Flasks in the Beta (2/2/1 to 4/4/2 for the pots and 4/4/2 to 10/10/7 for the Flasks)

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    It does in conjunction with Aethril rank 3 and large groups of herbalists, its just indirect.
    So kinda of and kinda of not so overall not really. It helps but won't help that much. Problem is the mats needed are too much for the herbs that can be collected

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I missed nothing. The scarcity of herbs presents an opportunity to those willing to herb... rustle those herbs... even I do it.... if THAT is too painful for you then get the shoulder enchant and mass murder mobs for the herb bags.

And again that harvester bag drop is rng that it even drops and then rng what drops from it so double rng on that one. Again I farmed for 2 hours herbing and killing a lot of mobs as they are all over herb nods and got 3 bags to drop in two hours so not really viable.

I've had to farm for over an hour every day just to get the materials for 1 night of raiding. Then do all the AP shit. It's really burning me out :/

- - - Updated - - -

I've had to farm for over an hour every day just to get the materials for 1 night of raiding. Then do all the AP shit. It's really burning me out :/

Let's put our tinfoil hats on here for a second, Blizzard are possibly profiting from these high prices too if folks who don't have the time or gold to sink into herbs/pots/flasks run off to their website to buy tokens

Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    Let's put our tinfoil hats on here for a second, Blizzard are possibly profiting from these high prices too if folks who don't have the time or gold to sink into herbs/pots/flasks run off to their website to buy tokens
    Oh absolutely NOT! Have you guys forgotten all the crying, the endless crying about how Professions are worthless in WoD. All the miners and herbers who got got screwed in WoD and asked if they should re-roll because there was no need?

This is what people thought they wanted, professions that "mean" something. Now you put in the work and you make the money. Some people are able to sit at the AH and snatch up the misposted cheap items, others have to farm. Sure Blizzard did the usual full swing back the other direction, that seems to what they do every time enough people complain long and hard enough about something.

I also think that pots and flasks were overused. With a few exception, a feast will never be why you wipe or not. A flask will not be why you wipe or not. Not pre-potting is will not be the difference in a pass or fail. Mastery the mechanics first, worry about squeezing out that extra dps later. I say that becomes I've been in enough runs were people were obsessed with who's doing all the prep items and them skim over the horrible handling of mechanics.

For those that need all the extras because you're pushing content above you ilvl, thank all the people who complained their professions were worthless for the drastic change.

I do predict come 7.1, either many mat costs will be halved or gathering will be double
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-09-30 at 11:32 AM.

Please note that you are not going to have a level 101 alt that is maxed out alchemy with all the recipes on hand for potions. There is a lot you have to do to make potions in Legion that includes getting to max level and doing lots of quests including doing heroic dungeons. The most painful part is making 40 potions that require 2 starflowers each that cost 200 gold each. That is 80 star flower costing you 16,000 gold not to mention the other 3 mats on every single potion, then the potions get consumed by the quest so you can't even sell them after you make them.
    An alchemist has to eat 20k of overhead just to get the quests to make certain flasks.

Since not everyone is going to max out an alchemist and do all the quests to get the recipes there is going to be more demand than supply. I am having the same problem with jewels, My alt isn't high enough to pump out the jewels that I need so I have to pay through the nose.

What this means is that crafting has value again. Not everyone is going to have 6 alts that are level 101 or 102 to cover all the crafts, your craft should have value and be able to earn you gold.
    Now I know that it really pisses you off when you have to pay someone a fair value for their services but then you turn around and demand that your stuff sell for a high value. You can't have it both ways, you can't get people to buy your stuff for a lot and you get to buy everyone elses stuff on the cheap. That is not how it works. Put your big boy pants on and accept that the market doesn't bend to your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think the lack of people farming also has a part in this. People are out and about doing World Quests, but they seem to just fly there, finish one and call their gryphon down to go to the nearest flight path to go to the next. Majority of people I see - unless questing - aren't running around from one place to the next, or at least back to the flight path, grabbing herbs on the way.

I also think many just don't have time to solely farm herbs.
    Because without flying the way the zones are make it a pain to get around. Add in since mobs scale you are always getting attacked. It is calling out for flying and yet we still don't know when it will come.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Please note that you are not going to have a level 101 alt that is maxed out alchemy with all the recipes on hand for potions. There is a lot you have to do to make potions in Legion that includes getting to max level and doing lots of quests including doing heroic dungeons. The most painful part is making 40 potions that require 2 starflowers each that cost 200 gold each. That is 80 star flower costing you 16,000 gold not to mention the other 3 mats on every single potion, then the potions get consumed by the quest so you can't even sell them after you make them.
    An alchemist has to eat 20k of overhead just to get the quests to make certain flasks.

Since not everyone is going to max out an alchemist and do all the quests to get the recipes there is going to be more demand than supply. I am having the same problem with jewels, My alt isn't high enough to pump out the jewels that I need so I have to pay through the nose.

What this means is that crafting has value again. Not everyone is going to have 6 alts that are level 101 or 102 to cover all the crafts, your craft should have value and be able to earn you gold.
    Now I know that it really pisses you off when you have to pay someone a fair value for their services but then you turn around and demand that your stuff sell for a high value. You can't have it both ways, you can't get people to buy your stuff for a lot and you get to buy everyone elses stuff on the cheap. That is not how it works. Put your big boy pants on and accept that the market doesn't bend to your needs.
    While that is true blizz of course went from one extreme to the other on professions as they do on everything.
    One could literally sit an alt in its garrison get all the mats it needs for the professions from the garrison and learn all the receipes doing the daily cd that also helped level the profession. Which was to easy and wrong.
    But now they went WAY to the other extreme this expansion. Their could of been a middle ground they could of gone for and yet never seem to do.
    So guess what after an expansion of this and all its complaints they will swing the pedulum way to the other side again next expansion just watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    I wonder if they overshot the price.
    Who are you referring to when you say "they"?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think the lack of people farming also has a part in this. People are out and about doing World Quests, but they seem to just fly there, finish one and call their gryphon down to go to the nearest flight path to go to the next. Majority of people I see - unless questing - aren't running around from one place to the next, or at least back to the flight path, grabbing herbs on the way.
    Oh yes, I gathered quite a lot while levelling, but now I have to force myself to make a 20y detour for a Fjarnskaggl. For a Fjarnskaggl! Who wouldn't want Fjarnskaggl? I hate myself.
    At least a Starlight Rose still triggers the thought "oooh, 250G or more!"
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I also think that pots and flasks were overused.
    Pots are WAY too powerful this expansion.

I think both the mat cost AND the effect of the pot should be cut in half then they wouldn't feel both so expensive and so mandatory.

Well raiders are "selling" boosts and earning millions all year long... its time to casuals to earn some money back... totally fair imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    All consumables are at stupid prices currently because nobody seems to have rank 3s yet and not enough people farming and selling mats. It'll probably level out eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Pots are WAY too powerful this expansion.

I think both the mat cost AND the effect of the pot should be cut in half then they wouldn't feel both so expensive and so mandatory.
    I thought pots were nerfed. I read in the warrior forums about some nerf to potions but I missed in the release notes that they were.

7+ Year Old Account
    These tears will be reversed as soon as the "Blood Trader" gets patched in. There will be a million posts about F-you blizz you ruined my profession...

I am currently losing a lot of gold trying to proc Rank 3 flasks. Makes me sad because I could just be selling the roses alone for close to 30k an hour.

This will be fixed in 7.1 when you can buy mats for your abundance of Blood of Sargeras, if you don't have an abundance of this you're probably using them for crafting which means you're making gold and can afford the current prices on consumables.