Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alliance needs a "pretty race" (selfish Horde player wanting faster bg queue time)

I used to play alliance around 2006-2010 before I left wow. Alliance used to be a bit more populated because while the horde racials were often better, not everyone wanted to look quite so... bestial.

Alliance with night elves and humans had the prettier races.

This was completely turned on its head when blood elves were released in tbc. Now the pretty race is horde only, they are much better looking knight elves, and even the atrocious male blood elf casting animation is not enough to dissuade people from being blood elves. I only play male characters, and my human mage looked like a roided out mess, but that was the best I could get when I started. Now I have a blood elf mage, and he looks much better as a caster, not like I've been bench pressing gnomes instead of studying the arcane arts.

I look... amazing. But this has come at a great cost, because most people choose blood elf on the horde side, the horde tends to have a higher population of players than alliance. It's not irredeemably lopsided, but it makes my bg queue times longer than instant, which is what I'd prefer.

There is a solution to this, either fix the models of human males so they actually look good (human kalecgos model looks good), human males need a second body type option so they can look like an actual caster and not like someone that ODed on steroids, or.... a more radical fix, give alliance a pretty race.

I have racked my brain regarding what such a race could be that would fit into the general wow lore, and I think I have it. A lost race of titan creation, hidden by Norgannon before he fell to Sargeras. I don't know what these people would look like, but if they did have facial marks, they would NOT be tatoos, they would be lines of power running through them. The males would NOT have what was done to Dranei where the females looked lithe and caster like, but EVERY MALE looked like a blue buffalo in training....

To build on the lore of wow, you could say that Norgannon created these beings to protect and speed up the development of the world soul of Azeroth deep within Azeroth, where they have kept vigil until.... something threatens the safety of this soul.... (like, oh, I don't know, the legion coming to Azeroth and gaining a foothold in a future expansion/update)

or not, this is all over the place, but alliance needs a prettier race, for the MALES. The women almost always look great, but when it comes to the male models, the only mode is buffalo/steroids, blood elves were the ONLY exception to this. And this is why they have a higher population, and why my bg queue times are not instant.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is a solution to this, either fix the models of human males so they actually look good (human kalecgos model looks good)
    "Human" Kalecgos is a half-elf.

Edit: I agree with you, the males on Alliance look atrocious. Except dwarves, they're awesome.

I agree that Alliance males look bad, but also the females.

Deleted
    Just stop the bloody race restrictions already. Pally or DH on Horde site? Good luck. Tauren are just too niche to be played by a vast majority.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Guys aren't "pretty"...

I'm deeply concerned that this will devolve into an off-topic-and-very-borderline discussion about gender roles. So despite my better judgment:

The player character models - male AND female - conform to the fantasy genre ideal for that particular race. Both genders are actually pretty conservative compared to other games *cough*koreanmmo*cough*. But if you want a male model on Alliance that doesn't look like a beefcake, check out Gnomes and Night Elves.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

They made human females have ugly faces with their "model update".

Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    I used to play alliance around 2006-2010 before I left wow. Alliance used to be a bit more populated because while the horde racials were often better, not everyone wanted to look quite so... bestial.
    horde had a higher population then alliance for just about ever and has continued that trend. Literally the only time I think people were Alliance > Horde in terms of population was Vanilla.

The Pvp section of the game swings of pendulum based on racial changes, now coming back to Horde.

PvE has always been Horde.

Everyone else just picks w/e the fuck they want.

That is funny, I always thought the opposite. Alliance always had the more "fair" races.. They tried to add a bulkier race with Draenei males (which to me look bad and way to big)... but it wasn't until we got Worgen that it balanced out a bit. I totally see what the OP is saying as Blood Elves are probably the prettiest race.. but Female Draenei are close second. I would love to see more customization options in the next expansion.. such has faces, hair, etc.. even sub races.

Alliance races have plenty of hot male models (Human, Draenei, Night Elf, etc.). Kalec has a terribly ugly model in comparison with the new human models (it was good though back in BC).

"Pretty" blood elves aren't why Horde have long BG queue times this expansion either. Most serious PVPers are now Orcs.

I kind of agree. In general though, male humanlike races in this game all look incredibly ugly. Male night elves remind me of adolescent teens, male humans are bodybuilders to the extreme, draenei are walking refrigerators, and male blood elves have Handsome Squidward face ever since the revamp.

There are no actual attractive (subjective I know) looking playable males in WoW, and it actually kind of annoys me. I would have said for the graphics quality, male humans and blood elves were decently attractive...but then the revamp came and turned them both into barrel-chested weightlifters.

I consider Tauren males to be better looking than any other male in the game. In my eyes, Horde has the pretty collection of races.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I consider Tauren males to be better looking than any other male in the game. In my eyes, Horde has the pretty collection of races.

... Do you identify as "otherkin?"

Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    ... Do you identify as "otherkin?"
    Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Guys aren't "pretty"...

I'm deeply concerned that this will devolve into an off-topic-and-very-borderline discussion about gender roles. So despite my better judgment:

The player character models - male AND female - conform to the fantasy genre ideal for that particular race. Both genders are actually pretty conservative compared to other games *cough*koreanmmo*cough*. But if you want a male model on Alliance that doesn't look like a beefcake, check out Gnomes and Night Elves.
    "I'm deeply concerned that this discussion will turn into one about gender roles, so let me just write this entire post strictly conforming to traditional gender roles."

Guys can absolutely be pretty. Moreover, "pretty" features are a lot more popular with people attracted to men than the ridiculous male power fantasy meathead look that Warcraft humans are drowned in.

On topic: the Alliance definitely needs some masculine eye candy. The literal only men in this game that are at all attractive are the Blood/High Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Of course not.
    Do you identify as a boomkin?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    During WOD Alliance had much longer queues than Horde, and Blizzard created Mercenary mode.

Whats the problem with bringing back Mercenary mode when Horde have longer queues?

During WOTLK Horde had 6min-15mins queues shame there was no Mercenary mode. Weird that Mercenary mode was added only during expansion when Alliance had longer queues.

Merc mode makes queues faster not only for Merc but for ppl who doesnt use merc Mode.
    Last edited by Luckx; 2016-09-29 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Guys aren't "pretty"...

I play BE females or Tauren/Forsaken males. I'm pretty ok with it all. Horde have had fairly quick BG times in Legion for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Imo the only good-looking models are Undead male and female, female human and female blood elf. All the alliance males look really odd, blood elf males just look camp (trigger warning for SJWs), and the other horde races look like something out of a Disney cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    During WOD Alliance much longer queues than Horde, and Blizzard created Mercenary mode.

Whats the problem with bringing back Mercenary mode when Horde have longer queues?

During WOTLK Horde had 6min-15mins queues shame there was no Mercenary mode. Weird that Mercenary mode was added only during expansion when Alliance had longer queues.

Merc mode makes queues faster not only for Merc but for ppl who doesnt use merc Mode.
    And with mercenary mode, we can get rid of Russians in EU bgs too.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Human and Blood elf male look kind of gay to me. Nothing against same sex love but it doesn't appeal to me.... The only male races I can play are Orcs, Goblins and Undead. Most of the time I play femal chars as a guy just because they look better and have better animations. Most annoying is watching UD female walking and those stupid jumps on specials.