Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkpride View Post
    Okay sounds fine... on ursoc i pulled like 270 with around the same ilvl (and i would consider myself a fairly mediacore arms because of it being my secondary specc as we have to many tanks) , but i use 878 weapon with 1 ETW (i guess you loose a bit there towards my gear)

Well you "can" basically still use HMS during BC as it does free dmg (around 1k dps for the whole fight so basically nothing), but if you are a heavy buttonmasher (like myself) and you push your macro ones to many (in the whole fight) you already wasted this, if you now overcommit on every BC, i kinda guess you gonna waste a LOT of rage into HMS that do basically nothing (not 100k, but i guess you can loose 10-20k on it) . So i would try taking it out of the macro and see the result (I "gained" around 5k, cause i had quiet a few HMS failures), if you have logs, you can check how many noncrit HMs you have, thats basically the "missed" ones.

Yeah i am doing the same (pushed me ahead of our other arms with heavy ilvl Advantage in every execute Phase, he was FR+MS prioterizing) .

Maybe a more experienced Warr has some more ideas.
    Thanks for your feedback, appreciate it a lot.

Deleted
    I'm still doing rather well dps as my arms warrior in pve. Not as strong as before, but I definitely get why we needed a nerf. It's not like we are at the bottom of the dps list.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I saw in the ptr notes they changed the cd on hamstring which I found odd. Any chance it's on the gcd now?

Ok, after the nerfs I am kind of confused about the optimal rotation outside of execute range and inside, can someone please do a quick priority list?

Quote Originally Posted by OpheliaNL View Post
    I'm still doing rather well dps as my arms warrior in pve. Not as strong as before, but I definitely get why we needed a nerf. It's not like we are at the bottom of the dps list.
    Outside of the 99th percentile parses where people were the beneficiary of crazy Tactician RNG, feral and arcane were just as strong but did not receive nerfs.

Toning down arms RNG would have eliminated much of the PERCEIVED problem with arms (the freakish outlier numbers), but they decided that the 80th percentile was too high as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnokk View Post
    Running anything other than FR build as Arms is going to drop your potential dps by around 50k. At that point, you might as well go fury.
    So true and such bullshit. I am now spending my morning trying to decide which other class I should re-roll into and try to get geared up this weekend. I can't stand the FR rotation so now that makes playing an Arms warrior a non-option.

It's such bullshit too because I really enjoy the non-FR playstyle and fell in love with the warrior this xpac. But there is no fucking way I can in good faith raid in that build and see myself rank only in the 50-60 percentile of other arms warriors. Having different builds and playstyles is fine but it should be so that people can use a rotation they ENJOY while still performing relatively the same.

Laughable that Blizzard even ever made a remark previously that they'd like to see the different specs balance to within 10% of one another. They have completely epicly failed on that and can't even keep balance within 10% of a single spec the way they have the talent system now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaylen View Post
    So true and such bullshit. I am now spending my morning trying to decide which other class I should re-roll into and try to get geared up this weekend. I can't stand the FR rotation so now that makes playing an Arms warrior a non-option.

It's such bullshit too because I really enjoy the non-FR playstyle and fell in love with the warrior this xpac. But there is no fucking way I can in good faith raid in that build and see myself rank only in the 50-60 percentile of other arms warriors. Having different builds and playstyles is fine but it should be so that people can use a rotation they ENJOY while still performing relatively the same.

Laughable that Blizzard even ever made a remark previously that they'd like to see the different specs balance to within 10% of one another. They have completely epicly failed on that and can't even keep balance within 10% of a single spec the way they have the talent system now.
    I doubt they would even change our overall rotation on FR for now. Remember when you had to hit MS 3 times to get maximum damage output on a single target? It was like 10%, 20% and 30%. I don't want to go back to that shit-rotation because your stacks will eventually drop if you're not on the target you MS'd after 10 seconds, let alone if you PvP then surely you would suck.

I would love for them to just give us a pure passive DPS across all of our skills to adjust for MS's DPS output.

I don't remember but it is because I never really played warrior much before this xpac. I do understand what you are saying though and see the point about it gimping when target switching.

I also completely agree with you that the right thing would be the passive across the board to normalize damage and eliminate the RNG that people are upset about. And I'd say keep FR as a build still for the people that think the non-FR builds are boring as hell. Trust me, I get it when you are rage starved and you are just sitting there with no buttons to push; it can be boring. But for me personally, I'd take that to the mindless button mashing of FR. But to each their own; we all have different preferences.

Looking at the statistics for heroic and mythic for the last few days is so sad, from being a competitive class we are now in the bottom half with all our dps specs.

I went from doing 345k on nyth HC to 306k and 362k to 320k on Ursoc,with the same gear, its hardly the end of the world you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by thefatty01 View Post
    But don't worry guys. In two weeks we can wear the two legendaries we haven't gotten yet!
    haha just sent my thing off yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    I went from doing 345k on nyth HC to 306k and 362k to 320k on Ursoc,with the same gear, its hardly the end of the world you guys.
    What stat priority are you using and build?

I just switched from Prot to Arms, and I'm getting conflicting information?

Noxxic says Haste > Str > Mastery > Vers > Crit
    IV says: Mastery > Str > Vers > Haste > Crit?

Any help? Are you using the FR build?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post

Thanks
    Never trust Noxxic

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post

Thanks
    IV. I do Mastery > Versa > Haste > Crit

Do any of you macro FR with MS? Wondering if that will work.

I'm thinking since you want to hit MS when it is off CD regardless of FR stacks, it would make sense to make a macro that casts FR after MS. That way every time you consume your current FR stacks with MS, it is auto adding one to the next stack (assuming FR is available). And while MS is on CD, you could still just spam that button to build the FR stack to three rather than needing to do it with a separate button.

Once it is at three stacks, you leave MS alone until it is off CD. Then rinse and repeat.

Thoughts?

Just farm for that legendary ring.
    It is such a huge dps boost and Ive yet to see any internal c/d as im having ot proc 3-4 times back to back at times.

It literally saved ylmy raid spot as Arms.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Copey View Post
    Just farm for that legendary ring.
    I like your optimism.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    I like your optimism.
    Indeed.
    Somebody has to be an optimist among the vaaaaaassssttt majority of pessimists.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Copey View Post
    Indeed.
    Somebody has to be an optimist among the vaaaaaassssttt majority of pessimists.
    Three days into mythic EN and roughly 50% of our raid has a single legendary - roughly 25% has a worthwhile legendary rather than a worthless flavor item. I personally have 0 after farming M+ till my eyes bleed, plus whatever was done prior to M+ release.

Optimism is hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaylen View Post
    Do any of you macro FR with MS? Wondering if that will work.

I'm thinking since you want to hit MS when it is off CD regardless of FR stacks, it would make sense to make a macro that casts FR after MS. That way every time you consume your current FR stacks with MS, it is auto adding one to the next stack (assuming FR is available). And while MS is on CD, you could still just spam that button to build the FR stack to three rather than needing to do it with a separate button.

Once it is at three stacks, you leave MS alone until it is off CD. Then rinse and repeat.

Thoughts?
    If you hit a macro that does /cast MS followed with /cast FR, the MS will munch the FR without giving you any increased damage. It's because the damage of the MS is calculated at the time the MS is cast, and the FR stack is consumed when the MS actually lands(because it waits to see if you missed or not before consuming stacks). That leaves a very brief window(so small you'll only ever manage to screw it up with a macro like this) in between the MS cast and the MS landing where an FR cast does absolutely nothing.