Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    The point of an mmo is to gear up. That's like saying, do you really need to kill people in CS if you are not going pro?

Social doesn't really mean casual. I still have an extreme hardcore attitude toward the game, even if I can't play that much.
    Nothing about your entire approach says "hardcore" anywhere. You can seemingly find time to full clear current raid content, but can't find the time to form your own goddamn groups?

You have trouble farming gold in an expansion where almost any profession can net you tons of money if you do it right, you don't want to make your own groups, do poor DPS for your current gear level, and then complain that RNGesus hasn't handed you gear on a silver platter and call the system flawed when in reality, you get out of it what you put into it. I put in the hours of farming because RNGesus wasn't kind to me, and guess what I have? 7 pieces of Leatherworking gear crafted and upgraded to 850 that are perfectly itemized for my character. My alt has 850 pieces upgraded with Obliterum as well because instead of being lazy and waiting to get handed loot, I went out and farmed what I needed myself. If you don't have time to make groups, don't have time to farm, and don't have time to improve your DPS, what the hell are you even playing the game for?

You also say that your "friends" won't play with you because you have low ilvl. Sounds like you really need some new friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    And here's your problem. Based on this and your complaint that you "can't start your own group" - you are the problem. You are unwilling to accept that you've hit a wall because of your attitude and instead blame the game design.

I promise you, you are not doing your rotation perfectly. Your dps would be much higher - just having that mentality that you are already perfect eliminates any room for growth.

Man up and accept that you can improve as a player, you can improve your rotation and knowledge of the fights and you can improve your attitude when it comes to finding/forming PuGs. I have no sympathy for the excuse "I can't find a tank/healer" well, you picked a pure dps - you have to accept that as one of the inherent downfalls of not playing a hybrid. If you aren't willing to tank or heal you shouldn't expect one to fall into your lap. You need to make friends, join a guild, start talking to people in your random heroics and exchange battletags. Before matchmakers this was common practice - you made friends with people you've run with before and built up a pool of players so that PuGs weren't such a headache.
    I have 150 friends in my btag list, and on avarage 70-80 online, however, every time I announce a raid, I get 0 interests.

I can't schedule time for PuGs either. If I play, I go in finder and see what's up. It could be at any time during the evening really. But the next day I might be unavaliable. So I'm forced to play with new people every raid.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have 150 friends in my btag list, and on avarage 70-80 online, however, every time I announce a raid, I get 0 interests.

I can't schedule time for PuGs either. If I play, I go in finder and see what's up. It could be at any time during the evening really. But the next day I might be unavaliable. So I'm forced to play with new people every raid.
    I once read on this board:

"If you go outside and encounter 1 asshole a day, he's probably just an asshole.
    If you go outside and everyone is an asshole - you're probably the asshole."

I have ~10 people on my friends list and we run content all the time. If you have 150 and no one wants to run with you, your attitude is probably to blame.

Stop whining and either fix the problem or accept you've hit a wall and find another way to spend your time.

If someone told me "my rotation is near perfect" and they were only pulling 150k at 845ilvl I would probably never group with them again.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2016-09-29 at 02:28 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I once read on this board:

"If you go outside and encounter 1 asshole a day, he's probably just an asshole.
    If you go outside and everyone is an asshole - you're probably the asshole."

I have ~10 people on my friends list and we run content all the time. If you have 150 and no one wants to run with you, your attitude is probably to blame.

Stop whining and either fix the problem or accept you've hit a wall and find another way to spend your time.
    My attitude in this thread doesn't reflect my in-game attitude. I am just fed up with not getting anything ever in game. But I always treat people with respect in my friend list.

But if people are busy, they are busy. If they see no benefit in helping me, why would they?

Most of them are from old hardcore days, and most of them are mythic raiders. The avarage ilvl in my friend list is prolly above 860. So...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arioc View Post
    The system is not flawed. M+2 Dungeons are very easy,
    No they are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have done almost every WQ every day, never any high item level.

No items from World bosses yet.

No good items from all Mythic dungeons yet, drop rate for any gear seem to be like 10% for me, about every 10th give something, and never above 840.

As I am 845 I already have all my class items needed, except shoulders but I'm only honored, need exalted.

No group has so far accepted me in Mythic +, not a single one, not even one invite.

Of course it's possible to gear, but I just don't see it happened. Hence FLAWED system even IF doable.
    You claim you CANT, its more a case of you WONT... Start that group, make the effort, if its too 'hard' then maybe you dont want the better gear bad enough. I'm 847... the mythics I've been in I started... Why? because I needed something in there for a quest. Your gearing problems are of your own creation. System isn't flawed, your self-entitlement is...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    No they are not.
    Difficulty is subjective but I would agree with arioc, +2 isn't a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ mityosaurus, I work almost 12 hours per day and I have very little time to play. Every time I tried starting a group, it has taken almost an hour. Finding a tank and healer is almost impossible. Of the like 5 tanks who sign in an hour, 0-1 are good... If I have to put this time and effort for every dungeon, there is no time left to play

@ Jewsco, I have been in the same guild for many years and I have many friends here. I want to gear, but not start over with my in game social life.

@ Samin, Yes, they CAN drop. But I have not yet seen a single WQ item above 830. Getting really demotivating to keep getting dissapointed now

@ arceuid, I put a lot of effort, a lot more than what SHOULD be needed. The 20 was just an example for ONE time. Compared to previous expansions, this is all getting insane.
    While it is laudable that you have a real life, that doesn't mean you should be handed more or better gear because you dont have the time to play.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    While it is laudable that you have a real life, that doesn't mean you should be handed more or better gear because you dont have the time to play.
    That is very true BUT at the moment it's too hard/slow to gear even for those with more time. The effort I put in, should be enough to gear regulary and smoothly. The amount of time and effort you NEED to gear smoothly at the moment, would only last expansion be considered as complete nolifing.

10+ Year Old Account
    My attitude in this thread doesn't reflect my in-game attitude. I am just fed up with not getting anything ever in game. But I always treat people with respect in my friend list.

But if people are busy, they are busy. If they see no benefit in helping me, why would they?

Most of them are from old hardcore days, and most of them are mythic raiders. The avarage ilvl in my friend list is prolly above 860. So...
    Being respectful is important, I don't want to dismiss that. Being a good player is also important, part of that is being self-critical. Even now, you are ignoring arguments and cherry picking what you want to respond to. You've ignored a lot of helpful advice in this thread for whatever reason.

I understand that life happens, I'm a vet player too and with my RL obligations I'm lucky to get 2-3 hours a day in. However, I don't feel entitled to cutting edge content or the best gear possible, I accept that casual play eventually hits a plateau. This expac is extremely friendly to players that can't schedule time to play, mythic + dungeons are quick and award great gear. All you need to do is join a guild and make friends, and strive for improvement.

Drop the idea that you are doing everything right, there is ALWAYS a way to improve your dps. Either through a tighter rotation or better use of CDs (fight specific). I play a DH tank and I LOVE a competent outlaw rogue in my mythic+ groups - they are one of the first dps I look for (either them or WW monk).

The point I'm trying to make is that the system is not to blame - those that dedicate more time and work on organized group content deserve better rewards. You need to accept that there are limitations to casual play, you don't deserve better gear just because you pay $15 a month - all that entitles you to is server access. Once you drop this mentality you might start enjoying the game more. However, even as a casual player you have not hit a wall - you can still progress you just need to become social and work for it.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2016-09-29 at 02:50 PM.

Hi, I need some advice as well as to maybe start a discussion about gearing.

I am 845 item level and I feel I will never get above this. At this point, you are basically stuck.

As an example:

- WQ gives tops 825 or 830 blues, nothing higher, NEVER any higher than that. I check EVERY day.
    - Ran 5 mythic dungeons the other day, got 3 gears, all 840... which is not helping. Odds for WF/TF is crazy low.
    - Cleared EN twice. Got 1 gear, 850, that was barely an upgrade. Six times I coined gold (3 per week).

And the problem remains this:

- My ilvl is too low for EN HC.
    - My ilvl is too low for Mythic+ (maybe not technically, but been declined in like 20 groups now, all want 850-860+ even for M2).

HOW am I suppose to gear up? Spamming Mythic Dungeon after Mythic Dungeon week after week and praying for a 850 drop doesn't seem like a fun way to progress into the expansion.

I cleared EN with my guild in split run, once they start mythic, those runs stop. I am screwed then, as no group will invite me due to low ilvl AND even if they do, PuGs dont seem to clear more then 1 boss...

What should I do?

Do you think this game has become very flawed as to gearing up?

I expect a lot of replies like "Just do Mythic+" or "Start your own group and reserve stuff with ML", but like I said, NOT A SINGLE Mythic + group will take me and I don't have the time to start my own groups :/
    creater your own group with m2 key and always a lot of 860s will apply to go

10+ Year Old Account
    That's helpful...

"Endure the flawed system or GTFO", nice attitude...
    It's NOT flawed, your attitude is.

The ilvl you are at is all you really deserve for your ability. Do mythic plus or find and commit to a raid. You don't and shouldn't get to play how you want and get much over 850 for the time being. Sorry. If you are over or at 840 that is exactly where you should be until you decide to push yourself. You decide your play times and your content. The gear is there. I work 14 hours a day. I am not currently raiding, but I am pushing mythic plus. I have had no trouble getting my ilvl to 855. This is 1-3 hours a night sometimes not even being on and getting drunk to watch football instead.

Your problems are what you want and what you want to do for it not adding up. Outlaw here also, its one of the better specs right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    As you proceed to ignore all advice coming from anywhere as you're latched onto the idea it's impossible to make a group in less than an hour... Why bother making a forum post asking for advice if you're just straight ignoring EVERYTHING.
    5 pages in so far and reading everything that he's had to say I'm going to go with he doesn't want 'advice' he wants support and comfort for his tears and his hissy fit.

Deleted
    It is Diablo 3 syndrom. We reached 845itemlvl very fast just like you get full leg item sets in diablo 3. Now at this point it is very hard to get any upgrade just like in diablo 3 RNG of getting better item is so big that most of players stop bother to play diablo 3 becouse of it. It is simple 90% of all power you will get in few days. Rest 10% is all rng and will take you months or more likely you will never reach it.

1) you are not stuck, what you are doing for gear has just hit its cap. No more afk gear.
    2)Your ilvl isnt to low for EN HC
    3)Your ilvl isnt too low for mythic+, like EN HC you are asking for someone to basically do all the work of forming a ground and inviting you, who claims to have subpar dps to that raid or dungeon to get loot. It's going to be a vastly lower chance of that happening then building your own group.
    4)TO get gear, you find and commit to a raid, or a mythic plus group. Or keep doing what you are doing, even those WQ that are offering lower ilvl gear could WF/TF and give you something better.
    5) you might be in the wrong guild if they are doing mythic, but you have dps issues. Find one that fits what you do.

Lastly it might just be me, but it seems like you are really lazy and want gear just handed too you. Well it is, just starts getting slower around 840.

My question is: Why do you want better gear? Find out what you want to do and find a group that covers that for your play time.

Are you in a guild? I'm not necessarily suggesting a great guild, just one where people are around and willing to run dungeons with you.

I have 20k gold total in my account, I can't afford anything
    20k wtf. how's that possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm managed to get to 854 without crafted and without legendary, and with under 10 mythic runs (no +) since start.

I'm what this place calls a casual
    You'd also be what this place calls "ludicrously fortunate". Possibly just "dishonest".

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, if you can describe how you've managed to get there.

The OP has a point. It's extraordinarily difficult to get past the 840-ish hump, prior to raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    845 is too low for heroic EN? the raid is less than 10 days old.
    845 is too low for a lot of Normal groups now from what I was seeing in Group Finder last night...it's fucking ridiculous.