7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Please...you're entire post was a fabricated lie. If your were indeed being rhetorical to make a point, which is now clear, then it's on you to indicate as much. I personally assumed that you had credible information to back up your statement...yeah, in hindsight and knowing your posting history, I should have known better.
    He didn't lie once.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a6c88899f721

In twelve years they "found only 10 cases of voter impersonation, the only kind of fraud that could be prevented by voter ID at the polls." Your ID laws would prevent 10 false votes. I'm sure that decided every election during that time frame and is clearly the reason everyone should have to pay for IDs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...XsW_story.html

There is a cost and seeing how Caucasians have the lowest poverty rate, how would this not hit minorities with higher poverty levels harder? I'm not sure what lies you think he's telling, but just screaming lies because you don't want to hear it doesn't make it any less true.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You need an ID to get welfare, how does it hurt poor people? When I was dirt poor, I still had a photo ID, it's isn't expensive. Seeing how most poor people smoke and drink tell them to skip buying a pack of ciggs or a 40 and buy an ID

If ID doesn't matter why don't we just do online voting?
    Ah yes, because you think everyone who is poor automatically has disposable income they're unwisely using. That's not stereotyping or anything. So anyone who can't afford it should be justly punished have their right to vote stripped from them? And no, you don't actually need a photo ID to apply for welfare, but then again they don't really need welfare right? They just need to stop smoking and drinking.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-09-29 at 03:10 PM.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    He didn't lie once.....
    Oh really? Then please provide a credible link stating that voter ID laws stopped 1,000 American citizens from voting today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh really? Then please provide a credible link stating that voter ID laws stopped 1,000 American citizens from voting today.
    When I made that statement, you asked for a link. I clarified what I meant by that statement, and you continued to call my posts fabricated.

It's not fabricated. Evidence of voter ID fraud is minuscule. And voter ID laws negatively affect millions of Americans.
    Eat yo vegetables

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    When I made that statement, you asked for a link. I clarified what I meant by that statement, and you continued to call my posts fabricated.

It's not fabricated. Evidence of voter ID fraud is minuscule. And voter ID laws negatively affect millions of Americans.
    I get what you're trying to say...I just disagree with the way you said it. But all that aside, I understand that very few people are actually caught as a result of voter ID laws (and that other types of election fraud are a much bigger problem), but have you seen any credible evidence that citizens were denied the right to vote without at least being given a provisional ballot until their eligibility issue could be resolved?
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2016-09-29 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you list every poll that happened today, so he can show it? You are being blatantly disengenous... I already called out how the above is missing the point.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why don't you list every poll that happened today, so he can show it? You are being blatantly disengenous... I already called out how the above is missing the point.
    Just stop.

7+ Year Old Account
    There was an election today?

Do you honestly mean to say that you don't think there aren't individuals that living paycheck to paycheck can't afford, even as little as 5 dollars? It can be as costly as 58 dollars in some states.

I'm sure though it's just a coincidence that the wealthy tend to vote more by such a large gap.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/05/news...voting-rights/

Not to mention the US appeals court of the 5th circuit decided last month that there was enough evidence that Texas' ID law has a "discriminatory effect."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...583_story.html
    Nine of the 15 appellate judges who heard the case generally upheld a district court’s finding that 600,000 people, disproportionately minorities, lack the specific kind of identification required — a driver’s license, military ID, passport or weapons permit, among them — and that it would be difficult for many to secure it.

African American, Hispanic and poor voters were most likely to be affected, the court found.

“It would be untenable to permit a law with a discriminatory effect to remain in operation” for the coming election, wrote U.S. Circuit Judge Catharina Haynes for the majority, made of up five judges nominated by Democratic presidents and four nominated by Republicans.

So even if only 1 person is prevented from voting each year, that's still more people denied the right to vote than fraud that would be prevented with said laws.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-09-29 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get what you're trying to say...I just disagree with the way you said it. But all that aside, I understand that very few people are actually caught as a result of voter ID laws (and that other types of election fraud is a much bigger problem), but have you seen any credible evidence that citizens were denied the right to vote without at least being given a provisional ballot until their eligibility issue could be resolved?
    How fast can a provisional ballot be confirmed and when is the president usually declared?

- - - Updated - - -

Just stop.
    Hit a nerve?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    How fast can a provisional ballot be confirmed and when is the president usually declared?
    If the vote margin is close enough and the provisional votes become material...then these ballots will indeed be confirmed with votes counted.

Hit a nerve?
    No...I'm just trying to do my best to not insult your intelligence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that the people who insist that IDs be required to vote also argue against providing those IDs for free?

And, more to the point, why is it that republicans have admitted that these voter ID laws are intended to help GOP candidate win?

This isn't a conspiracy -- it's openly admitted that the GOP is trying to suppress the vote in Dem heavy areas to swing elections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Why is it that the people who insist that IDs be required to vote also argue against providing those IDs for free?
    Because the reason for the first thing, is to stop the poors from voting, which would be nullified by the second thing.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    No...I'm just trying to do my best to not insult your intelligence.
    Is that like Trump claiming he held back during the debate? Are you going to yell at your staff, too, when they point your your flawed argument was your own doing and you can't back it up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Because the reason for the first thing, is to stop the poors from voting, which would be nullified by the second thing.
    Well...yes. I intended the question to be rhetorical, but yes.

The problem is that IDs can be considered a poll tax which is unconstitutional -- unless you provide IDs for free, in which case there is no problem.

There are still concerns about elderly and the disabled getting to a place to get an ID, but let's just say there was a system to get everyone an ID for free (which really wouldn't be that hard or even that expensive) and viola. Problem solved. But that's not something happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that IDs can be considered a poll tax which is unconstitutional -- unless you provide IDs for free, in which case there is no problem.
    Even then it can be a poll tax, remember it's not just about monetary cost.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Even then it can be a poll tax, remember it's not just about monetary cost.
    Sure, but I'm fairly confident if IDs were available for free and reasonable accommodation existed to assist people getting to the places to get one when you'd likely pass any poll tax test.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Is that like Trump claiming he held back during the debate? Are you going to yell at your staff, too, when they point your your flawed argument was your own doing and you can't back it up?
    Yep...exactly like that. You and Felya appear to be cut from the same cloth.

Deleted
    OP must be trolling to post a thread like that.
    Politics should stay out of forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choww View Post
    OP must be trolling to post a thread like that.
    Politics should stay out of forums.
    You must be new here.

Also I'm not entirely sure but I think using the banned avatar (even smudged to try to hide it) is against the rules.

7+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't find any State that requires a fee for these IDs. Anyway, it appears that the constitutionally of the various voter ID laws primarily revolve around the number and types of identification that are allowable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't find any State that requires a fee for these IDs. Anyway, it appears that the constitutionally of the various voter ID laws primarily revolve around the number and types of identification that are allowable.
    What?!? Did you even look? FFS

Iowa - $10
    Wisconsin (gives free IDs for voting. Good job Wisconsin)
    Michigan - $10
    Illinois - $20

One google search got me those four on the first page in 2 seconds.