Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What does stop you from taking herb/alchi on an alt? First I thought the sacrifice in leaving the main char behind just for leveling up an alt would be too high. But it isn't and I'm definitly happy to have leveled a herb/mining char (main char has enchanting and alchi) and right now I'm making a fortune every day if I put up 2 flasks and 10 pots. Though the farming time gets worse every day since ppl realise already that it's the best way to farm the mats themself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    You do know even with rank 3 of the rose in herbing you get a grand total of one rose per rose picked and less than rank 3 you can get dust and not a rose right? How is that easy?
    It is not easy and certainly takes quite some time, but also it is not true.
    I have rank 3 in roses, and as happened in rank 2, most of my roses come from the withered that spawns when gathering roses, and drops 4-6 roses at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    It is not easy and certainly takes quite some time, but also it is not true.
    I have rank 3 in roses, and as happened in rank 2, most of my roses come from the withered that spawns when gathering roses, and drops 4-6 roses at a time.
    You do know that isn't a common thing that again is pure rng if the withered spawn while herbing right?
    So something else one needs good rng for. I herbed for roses for 2 hours yesterday as it was my day off and got a grand total of 2 withered to spawn while doing so, 2.

I sold an uncut green (blue quality) gem for 17k gold. Now they have dropped to bout 13k. It's crazy, but 95% of the time I prospect I only get gem chips. I don't even have a surplus of green quality gems.

It's ridiculous. Spending 30k or so a raid night is unacceptable. The spawn rates for herbs is extremely low, it takes me over an hour to get maybe 60 or so, when compared to LW or enchanting, I'm falling out of my ears with mats.

Deleted
    You do know that isn't a common thing that again is pure rng if the withered spawn while herbing right?
    So something else one needs good rng for. I herbed for roses for 2 hours yesterday as it was my day off and got a grand total of 2 withered to spawn while doing so, 2.
    Then i must be a lucky bastard, it usually only takes me herbing 6 plants to spawn these guys XD

Quote Originally Posted by NotInTheFace0 View Post
    Blood of Sargeras vendor in 7.1....20 herbs for 1 blood
    ^^^ This Have about 500 Bloods so that will be enough for 1 year of raiding or even more. Atm I don't have time to farm herbs so i just buy them of AH ( only farming Starlight Rose since i'm not willing to pay 220g/one when I can farm 200 in 1 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    It's ridiculous. Spending 30k or so a raid night is unacceptable. The spawn rates for herbs is extremely low, it takes me over an hour to get maybe 60 or so, when compared to LW or enchanting, I'm falling out of my ears with mats.
    It's honestly prettty crazy to me that Blizzard has been completely silent on the issue. I feel like anyone should be able to see that needing 3 kinds of herbs, spread out among 10 total per pot is gonna cause an imbalance in the supply and demand. Especially when they've content starved their playerbase for well over a year.

I say this is as someone who's earning good money by herbing a bit each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Then i must be a lucky bastard, it usually only takes me herbing 6 plants to spawn these guys XD
    Yes you are do you not know or realize how much of this game has gone total rng? Look how some have 3 or more legendaries or all the people with fox mounts. While some have none.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I sold an uncut green (blue quality) gem for 17k gold. Now they have dropped to bout 13k. It's crazy, but 95% of the time I prospect I only get gem chips. I don't even have a surplus of green quality gems.
    not sure about the point you're trying to make, but i just want to point out, there isn't the same demand for flask/pot and gem. Also, players have the alternative of a lesser quality gem until they can afford the higher quality. Finally, people are more incline to spend money for permanent bonus (gem) then consumable.

For every person crying about how expensive the mats are, another is cheering for how much they are selling for. It does definitely feel like there is just so much that herbs are needed for right now, and this early in the expac people are too busy to heavily farm for sale, so there is no supply to meet the demand of potions, flasks, food, inscription, and whatever other profession needs herbs right now.

It pained me to drop 50k on some dps potion, and I bitched about how stupid the costs were, but deep down inside I know I have an herbalism alt that could be the one making the gold instead of spending it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That's IF they don't change the costs for a stack. I don't think it's been confirmed that it will indeed be only 1 blood on Live.
    Even if they don't, it's still only 1:5 for Starlight Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    ^^^ This Have about 500 Bloods so that will be enough for 1 year of raiding or even more. Atm I don't have time to farm herbs so i just buy them of AH ( only farming Starlight Rose since i'm not willing to pay 220g/one when I can farm 200 in 1 hour.
    In what world do you get 200 roses in one hour? That isn't even possible but nice try.

In what world do you get 200 roses in one hour? That isn't even possible but nice try.
    That seems possible with a good route. I usually make 150 an hour or so, but with some optimizing could probably increase the yield.

Probably dependent on your server and when you farm as well. I generally don't have much trouble finding herbs, fjarnskaggl is probably the one I find easiest to farm. Starlight rose is easy too but it just takes longer due to only getting 1 pick but there are A LOT of nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Did blizzard announce any plans to do something about this?

On my high pop realm, a single potion of deadly grace costs 1200 Gold. Nobody can afford this. Looking at the single prices, i am not surprised people resort to botting

Starlight rose 250 Gold each

Fjarnskaggle 150 Gold each

Its pretty much impossible to supply the entire Raid with pots and flasks. It was never like this before, and i have to be absolutely honest: I considered botting myself. Spending every day multiple hours to get MAYBE a stack fjarnskaggle(constantly despawns, very low spawnrate) is draining the life out of me, especially since i also still have to do the AP grind every day and other stuff.
    7.1 Blood of Sargaras Vendor comes out, market will crash beyond recovery. I've got 200+ Bloods ready to sink. Had more but used most of them for crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Did blizzard announce any plans to do something about this?

On my high pop realm, a single potion of deadly grace costs 1200 Gold. Nobody can afford this. Looking at the single prices, i am not surprised people resort to botting

Starlight rose 250 Gold each

Fjarnskaggle 150 Gold each

Its pretty much impossible to supply the entire Raid with pots and flasks. It was never like this before, and i have to be absolutely honest: I considered botting myself. Spending every day multiple hours to get MAYBE a stack fjarnskaggle(constantly despawns, very low spawnrate) is draining the life out of me, especially since i also still have to do the AP grind every day and other stuff.
    The expansion is fresh, this is how it works every single time.....raiding at a high level is very costly at the start.

I think im gonna spill the beans, got to rich already.... Herbs easy by doing exactly this :
    There are places where there are a lot of spawn points together. pick them...server hop, pick them, server hop pick them..server hop pick them. u get the picture.
    200 foxflowers 15 min, fjarnskaggl same.... up north in suramar 200 starlight in 45 min.

Good luck farming, herbalism moguls, sry for spilling it

Edit: sell the mats for pot on AH, buy the pot from AH = profit
    (flasks and pots are cheaper then their mats) i dont make flasks and pots cause it costs me

designate raider a and b for 1 hour farming on monday, raider c and d on tuesday. etc
    14 man spend 1 hour of their week, farming in yr guild and you ll have all the consumables you d ever want.

Now delegate yr troops like a real leader
    Last edited by Scuzz; 2016-09-29 at 05:03 PM. Reason: some extra candy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    The expansion is fresh, this is how it works every single time.....raiding at a high level is very costly at the start.
    very costly, yes. 600k for an entire raid for a night, no we haven't had this in the past. We also had proccs on flasks and pots right from the starts and not only after you acquired rank 3 after hundreds of pots/flasks

It is when you know the route tht no one uses