10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    And that;s not even including the cost if you need a copy of a birth certificate to get the ID.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And that;s not even including the cost if you need a copy of a birth certificate to get the ID.
    Yeah -- that's a big problem for the elderly.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm going to back up Genn with the state of Texas.

In 2014, an election year, Texas had a voter ID law on the books that kicked 600,000 people off the list of possible voters. The same state has two (as in, one more than one) proven cases of voter fraud since 2000.

June of this year, that law was found illegal and stuck down at the federal level.

Texas has spent millions of dollars defending their illegal law. The state is now working under a "compromise" they signed with the Department of Justice while their case rots on the waiting list to go before the 4-4 SCOTUS.
    How do you prove voter fraud?

Investigators may probe Cascade Mall suspect's citizenship status, voting record.
    http://www.king5.com/news/local/inve...cord/327490798

"The Cascade Mall shooting suspect, Arcan Cetin, may face an additional investigation related to his voting record and citizenship status.

Federal sources confirm to KING 5 that Cetin was not a U.S. citizen, meaning legally he cannot vote. However, state records show Cetin registered to vote in 2014 and participated in three election cycles, including the May presidential primary."

They only found out years after the fact due to the shooting..

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What?!? Did you even look? FFS

Iowa - $10
    Wisconsin (gives free IDs for voting. Good job Wisconsin)
    Michigan - $10
    Illinois - $20

One google search got me those four on the first page in 2 seconds.
    Voter ID cards are not required to vote in Iowa, Michigan or Illinois. Only in Wisconsin is it required and it's free as you've noted.

"Did you even look? FFS" I can see where this is going.
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2016-09-29 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post

Ah yes, because you think everyone who is poor automatically has disposable income they're unwisely using. That's not stereotyping or anything. So anyone who can't afford it should be justly punished have their right to vote stripped from them? And no, you don't actually need a photo ID to apply for welfare, but then again they don't really need welfare right? They just need to stop smoking and drinking.
    Having been poor and lived around poor people and having statistics on my side. Yes. Have you ever driven in a poor part of town? It's full of liqueur stores and pawn shops. And I like someone explain to me how you can function in today's society without ID. Hell one of the easiest ways to get registered is going to the place where you get photo ID....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Voter ID cards are not required to vote in Iowa, Michigan or Illinois. Only in Wisconsin is it required and it's free as you've noted.

"Did you even look? FFS" I can see where this is going.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    I couldn't find any State that requires a fee for these IDs.
    Maybe next time set your goalposts in the right place at the start.

The reason why states that have voter ID laws on the books and no require fees for the IDs is because it's a poll tax otherwise. Which is my point. But conservatives often argue that there should still be a fee for the IDs regardless.

Because they are trying to suppress the vote. Which was my original point.

It doesn't cost anything, they take it and make a copy, at least that's how it is in my state. If I went to the Library it would cost me 5 cents.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason why states that have voter ID laws on the books and no require fees for the IDs is because it's a poll tax otherwise. Which is my point. But conservatives often argue that there should still be a fee for the IDs regardless.

Why do you think Voter ID is a conservative issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Voter ID is the conservative solution. The issue is voter fraud. The conservative party is who is mainly pushing voter ID laws.

Voter ID is the conservative solution. The issue is voter fraud. The conservative party is who is mainly pushing voter ID laws.
    But why would they?

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't cost anything, they take it and make a copy, at least that's how it is in my state. If I went to the Library it would cost me 5 cents.
    If you do not possess your original birth certificate it costs anywhere from $15-$35 depending on state and county to get one from the State Offices.

You're going to have to show some proof that it's Free to obtain a Birth Certificate since that's what you're claiming.

10+ Year Old Account
    But why would they?
    Why are you asking me questions I've already answered?

I believe certified copies are required rather than simple photocopies, and those prices vary from state to state. And that's assuming you have your birth certificate to begin with, if you do not have it because your parents lost it you need to pay to get a new copy of it which is also considered a poll tax.

Because they're the ones who continue to pretend it's some nationwide epidemic to hide the fact that they're trying to suppress minority and poor voters who traditionally vote Democrat.

If you do not possess your original birth certificate it costs anywhere from $15-$35 depending on state and county to get one from the State Offices.

You're going to have to show some proof that it's Free to obtain a Birth Certificate since that's what you're claiming.
    How can you get a job if you don't have 2 forms of ID?

But why would they?
    There are two possibilities. Either they think this is actually a solution, in which case they're basically idiots (voter ID won't prevent the overwhelming majority of actual voter fraud), or they're trying to suppress the vote, in which case they're malicious.

Stupid or malicious, take your pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Why are you asking me questions I've already answered?
    I'm trying to understand the logic. Why would conservatives want to stop voter ID fraud but Liberals don't?
    t

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

I definitely need to be more specific when dealing with your ilk....let me help you...I couldn't find any State that requires a fee for these IDs....where they're required in order to vote. I thought the context was obvious...apparently this was not the case for you....my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    There are two possibilities. Either they think this is actually a solution, in which case they're basically idiots (voter ID won't prevent the overwhelming majority of actual voter fraud), or they're trying to suppress the vote, in which case they're malicious.

Stupid or malicious, take your pick.
    Suppress the vote? So if someone is too ignorant, or lazy or poor to get an ID they are most likely a democrat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    How do you prove voter fraud?.
    Registerring your address to a house you've never visited is a pretty good start.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you get a job if you don't have 2 forms of ID?
    That wasn't your argument. If you're going to make claims and then deflect into another topic just admit you're spewing bullshit again and bow out.

I'm trying to understand the logic. Why would conservatives want to stop voter ID fraud but Liberals don't?
    t
    We all want to stop voter fraud. But we have to start by looking at where the fraud actually is, and the vast majority of the fraud wouldn't be fixed with voter ID. I personally am not interested in a solution that 1) doesn't actually solve anything and 2) 'coincidentally' disenfranchises people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?