Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Cata was wayyyy better than shitturds of draenor, firelands was a great raid (ds was meh) and had some unique zones (vash'ir and deepholm), heroics weren't trivial like the wod ones (troll dungeons were idd quite challenging to pug) and most importante there weren't garrisons
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Cata was wayyyy better than shitturds of draenor, firelands was a great raid (ds was meh) and had some unique zones (vash'ir and deepholm), heroics weren't trivial like the wod ones (troll dungeons were idd quite challenging to pug) and most importante there weren't garrisons
    people underate cataclysm because it was the first actual bad WoW expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by bromanbro View Post
    WOD was still better than Cataclysm. Most people here are MOP babies so they don't know how shit Cataclysm was.
    Nope, Cata was better than WoD,

Cata was merely un-interesting.

WoD was actively Trying to be bad.

see? subjectivety goes both ways.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    people underate cataclysm because it was the first actual bad WoW expansion.
    That was the first without Tigole and "full Ghostcrawler" expansion
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    WoD is over though, so it's a piece of Blizzard history. A black mark, but history, none-the-less.

Blizzard lies occasionally, kind of like how WotLK was going to include aerial combat fights.. think I'm lying? Read the inner fold-out flap of your physical WotLK box. =P

Trust is not a one way lane...
    Eye of Eternity was techically "aerial combat".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Oh hey, another "let's shit on the expansion that's already over" thread. Nope, I certainly haven't seen this one before. In fact, if it wasn't for your expert, concise and oh-so-original insight, I doubt I would have ever figured out that the last expansion was universally panned!

You're a paragon of this community, keep up the great work!
    your mewling sarcasm is no better
    Wrath baby and proud of it

WoD is over though, so it's a piece of Blizzard history. A black mark, but history, none-the-less.

Blizzard lies occasionally, kind of like how WotLK was going to include aerial combat fights.. think I'm lying? Read the inner fold-out flap of your physical WotLK box. =P

All the lies of LK and you pick that? WHERE THE HELL IS MY DAMN DANCE STUDIO.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

TBC announced Aerial Combat as well.

I literally grabbed the box just now....huh. Weren't we suppose to also invade horde garrisons in WoD with siege engines?
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephelapoid View Post
    Can you shut up and let people have a moan. All your posts here are just you shitting on people having a go at WOD. Yes, WOD was bad and yes its been beaten to death at this point, but what do you care?. You think you moaning about people berating it is going to stop them doing it?, let it go man.
    One person's opinion isn't an universally accepted fact. People can bitch, whine and moan all they want but I take issue with those who speak in terms which eliminate any room for dissent.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-09-15 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Eye of Eternity was techically "aerial combat".
    Technically "aerial combat" existed in BC.
    There were some quests where you flew around and bombed npcs, and there were some guards that shot you out of the air when you got too close.
    So great.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    It had aerial combat fights.
    I dont count short quest missions as "aerial combat"... not from the pictures shown at least

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    A lie implies an intentional falsehood, that they told us there would be aerial combat knowing they would not deliver. Plans change, things don't work despite the best intentions; to call that a lie does a disservice to the point you're trying to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    It did have aerial flight, in the alpha, I flew in one of the helicopters available, it was horrific, one can only assume they couldn't get it to work smoothly and so therefore decided to drop it, rather than put in a really and I mean really buggy concept. So they didn't lie, they had intentions of putting aerial combat in and did, it just didn't work and so they removed it and focused on other stuff.
    Alpha content is acceptable to be included in a retail box?

I get why fans defend this, but I don't think it's legit.

There were time constraints for Aerial Combat, and this feature was removed at the last second, leaving many who purchased the game to believe it was true; in-flight combat was a reality. HOWEVER, Aerial fights were included as short quests, even repeatable quests .. but never a part of the open-world game engine .. Ambiguous as it is, this was the selling point Blizzard was going for (??), to include a couple crappy mini quests in the box art? And put Aerial Combat on the box art? I think not! :-(

The pictures don't even match anything in game.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-09-20 at 02:59 AM.

cata wasn't so bad at all i saw only some few dailies in firelands and it made you to focus more on raids, twinking, and pvp, while it had the best/most innovative quests zones to date. i wonder why people keep to say this for me the flaw was only the skipped neptulon raid in favor of a rushed DS/MOP a pretty damn bad decision, i was there a the release too......not bad at friggin all. actually enjoyed it more than other expansions, that followed after wotlk, mop was also good after the release when solo szenarios and fine tuning and polish of dailies started, as well as isle of conquest and later timeless isle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    With 7.1 they are updating events aswell. As usually they do in each expansion. to make sure the event is relevant in the new content.
    in wod however. Midsummer event wasnt placed all over draenor. Untill 7.1 While legion has their event covered at first one already.
    At Hallow's end n Winter's Veil you could quest n decorate ur Garrison, this was veryyy neat, I'm going to turn on the decorations on saturday when it becomes October.
    Does class hall have anything? Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by bromanbro View Post
    WOD was still better than Cataclysm. Most people here are MOP babies so they don't know how shit Cataclysm was.
    Spoken like a Wrathbaby... everybody loved Cata except for the Wrathbabies who couldn't tolerate the difficulty and left in droves.
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

Alpha content is acceptable to be included in a retail box?
    Vanilla box has a picture of a Night Elf 'Demon Hunter'.

Are we seriously getting butthurt over marketting material? Do we really need to go over the Dance Studio again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    Spoken like a Wrathbaby... everybody loved Cata except for the Wrathbabies who couldn't tolerate the difficulty and left in droves.
    I'm a BC baby and I disliked Cata immensely for multiple reasons, one of which was severe overuse of phasing. that said... I have to admit, WoD made me appreciate Cata... phasing and all.

Still waiting for Wintergrasp to be finished...

... I mean, it MADE PvP for me ;_;
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

In my opinion....

WoD had great zones and questing, but terrible end game.
    Legion has bad zones and questing, but good end game.

Seriously, I hate Legion's questing, It is not good. The zones are so underwhelming as well.
    If it wasn't for the really good dungeons and artifact quest lines/class halls, I would just stop playing until 7.1.

WoD is actually better than Legion right now in my eyes....I expect that to change once 7.1 releases, but Legion has not impressed me enough so far.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2016-09-29 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    A lie implies an intentional falsehood, that they told us there would be aerial combat knowing they would not deliver. Plans change, things don't work despite the best intentions; to call that a lie does a disservice to the point you're trying to make.
    One of the most sensible posts I've ever seen here. +1
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.