Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What I am realy missing as Arcane outside of dungeons and raids in the option to heal myself while in combat.

Seeing how tanks and healers are able to solo even the very hard quest bosses while mage strugels allready at some semi hard bosses because we slowly die is realy stupid.

It does not need to be mutch. Id very mutch like to see evocation restore some % of our life like it did when we still had a glyphe for it.

Deleted
    Arcane lacks the burst of most other specs and classes, they took it away and gave it to Combustion. It needs no damage buff, it needs massive mana regen buffs, or reduced cast costs.
    Right now, it's mechanically nearly unplayable outside of Arcane Explosion to 4, Missiles 0-3, Barrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Arcane lacks the burst of most other specs and classes, they took it away and gave it to Combustion. It needs no damage buff, it needs massive mana regen buffs, or reduced cast costs.
    Right now, it's mechanically nearly unplayable outside of Arcane Explosion to 4, Missiles 0-3, Barrage.
    That does not make mutch sense. First you say we need burst. Then you say we dont need more dmg but more sustained DPS through Mana regen buffs. That are two totally different and somewhat contrary things.

Arcane Mage is about a Burn Phase and a Conserve Phase. And the Conserve Phase is called that for a reason.
    So more Mana regen to do what ? To do more DPS while we are in the conserve phase?

The higher our sustained DPS gets, the lower our "burn phase" DPS must bee to keep overall DPS in line with other classes. When our "burn phase" DPS is only 10-20% more of our conserve Phase, we might as well play something else, because its not the Arcane mage anymore.
    Last edited by Keulenkommando; 2016-09-29 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RinTinTin View Post
    Arcane is fun in bgs cause you can 1 shot ppl, but it isnt good in arena. The biggest thing is if you get locked in arcane you cant do anything. If you get locked while sheeping as frost/fire you can at least shoot ppl.
    Could you share your secret of one-shooting people as arcane ? Because highest crit of AB I saw in BG was around 600k, usually it's 400-500k, and we have low crit stat in our template. Heh even when I hide in some bush (can do that as a gnome) it feels like ages before I can kill someone. From my limited experience (rank 30 doing randoms) arcane is garbage in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Keulenkommando View Post
    What I am realy missing as Arcane outside of dungeons and raids in the option to heal myself while in combat.

Seeing how tanks and healers are able to solo even the very hard quest bosses while mage strugels allready at some semi hard bosses because we slowly die is realy stupid.

It does not need to be mutch. Id very mutch like to see evocation restore some % of our life like it did when we still had a glyphe for it.

I don't know what you're doing but the Elfbreaker is a giant 2 head ettin which has around 15mil hp. I'M TALKING ABOUT THE ONE IN FALANARR, not the one inside withered army training one. I've solo'd it a couple of time without the need of heal. Arcane mage has so much kiting potential it's unbelivible. Active use of slow and shimmer/displacement can make you take down any bosses in the outdoor.

Of course if you're face tanking the boss then the resort for heal is needed...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sznur View Post
    Could you share your secret of one-shooting people as arcane ? Because highest crit of AB I saw in BG was around 600k, usually it's 400-500k, and we have low crit stat in our template. Heh even when I hide in some bush (can do that as a gnome) it feels like ages before I can kill someone. From my limited experience (rank 30 doing randoms) arcane is garbage in pvp.
    I'm just going to leave this link of this guy I found on youtube. He has lots of PvP video of arcane mage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP-q0H25hY8
    Last edited by RyuuSaber; 2016-09-29 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the qoute
    Missing a progression is the hardest content I've encountered

Deleted
    Nice, have to try it before they nerf/rework rune of power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keulenkommando View Post
    That does not make mutch sense. First you say we need burst. Then you say we dont need more dmg but more sustained DPS through Mana regen buffs. That are two totally different and somewhat contrary things.

Arcane Mage is about a Burn Phase and a Conserve Phase. And the Conserve Phase is called that for a reason.
    So more Mana regen to do what ? To do more DPS while we are in the conserve phase?

The higher our sustained DPS gets, the lower our "burn phase" DPS must bee to keep overall DPS in line with other classes. When our "burn phase" DPS is only 10-20% more of our conserve Phase, we might as well play something else, because its not the Arcane mage anymore.
    It barely has something you could consider burst, during burn phase you don't really do more than 50% increased DPS, so if you do 200k in conserve then that's 300k during burst. Nearly every other class and spec beats this. It needs to return to be one of the highest burst specs, and more mana regen means you can burn for longer. During WotLK it had far better mana regen and allowed for good burst.

Deleted
    It barely has something you could consider burst, during burn phase you don't really do more than 50% increased DPS, so if you do 200k in conserve then that's 300k during burst. Nearly every other class and spec beats this. It needs to return to be one of the highest burst specs, and more mana regen means you can burn for longer. During WotLK it had far better mana regen and allowed for good burst.
    You can try it in raids, be an 862 Arcane mage on mythic/heroic ursoc, and when you get a moment pop all cooldowns at high quickening blast to 0% mana -> evocate -> then drop RoP and continue to spam arcane blast until 0% again. This is the highest possible damage you can achieve - you wont even be >6th on damage. And this is an unsustainable short term burst, it doesn't hold up in any scenario that's not at the end of a boss kill.

Right now Arcane is punishing, needlessly punishing, with a lot of risk and little reward.

Burst is high dmg for a short time. Usually we are talking about 10-20 Seconds when we talk about Burst. Anything longer is not burst anymore. Arcane Burn phase is allready as long as 20+ Seconds. So wenn we talk about a lack of Burst, making the burn phase longer is not going to do any good.

Wenn you want to buff arcane burst, you need to increase burn phase dps. Not burn duration.

For example : Buffing "Arcane Power" dmg boost from 30% to a higher amount would do that.
    Last edited by Keulenkommando; 2016-09-30 at 08:08 AM.