Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Thank the light it isn't. Why would we want to feel the pain from 10 years ago?

Back in Wrath I beat an 80 mage on a 74 warrior. How? Because I had shield bash, fear bomb, shockwave, spell reflect, and concussion blow. By properly rotating these abilities I prevented the mage from getting off more than a small handful of instant spells. Not a single cast time spell got through and so I won. He had both levels and gear on me, but I had more control and used that control better and so I won.
    So you beat an afk mage...

I wonder why ppl would want Legion to be like TBC even, while i loved TBC and regard it as one of the best expansions for wow it has to be looked at in its timeframe , in reality TBC had alot less content at release then for example Legion has now and was alot more grindy combined with alot more gating (leveling was alot more bland then it is now, after leveling you needed to run normals a while to even be able to run heroics due to rep gating, even if you outgeared them already, then run heroics for other attunements and badge farm for res gear). And what kind of content was there besides dungeons and raids at the beginning of the expansion? Some old fashioned rep grinds, a few max level sub zones with a few dailies that was about it, and ofcourse the few hours of daily mat grinding to support all the consumable use in raids.

I really doubt that if TBC would be released in the current day and age it would have any kind of succes at all bar for a few hardcore players as there was just so little content, that in the current age of wow ppl would burn trough it as fast as the gating would allow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhorrg View Post
    You people are really overestimating what a 5% stat boost is going to do in PvP.

If you can beat someone now and then we gave them a 5% stat boost, you'd probably still beat them because PvP is about controi. If you are better at control you will almost always win no matter how much stats the other guy has.

Back in Wrath I beat an 80 mage on a 74 warrior. How? Because I had shield bash, fear bomb, shockwave, spell reflect, and concussion blow. By properly rotating these abilities I prevented the mage from getting off more than a small handful of instant spells. Not a single cast time spell got through and so I won. He had both levels and gear on me, but I had more control and used that control better and so I won.

Control is literally the cornerstone of PvP.
    So you beat a Mage that didn't know not to let a warrior get on top of him or her. A Mage needs to stay at range from a warrior even now a Mage would have some problems if they didn't stay at range from you as much as possible. He could of countered you with polymorph, slows and roots and blink. You just beat a bad player.

I cant understand why anyone would say Legion is anything like TBC or Wotlk. Its a completely different game now compared to back then. This may be good or bad depending on who you ask, but the game feels nothing like it did. As for me, the game is a mere shell of its former self. Far too many gimmicks and "features" and not enough real substance. Its changed so much since TBC its barely recognizable as WoW. Its more contrasting than comparable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are we comparing Legion to TBC/WotLK?
    I dont want those games. I played them, and then were fun 10 years ago.

Now I am having fun in Legion sure its not the same, but isnt that the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    So you beat a Mage that didn't know not to let a warrior get on top of him or her. A Mage needs to stay at range from a warrior even now a Mage would have some problems if they didn't stay at range from you as much as possible. He could of countered you with polymorph, slows and roots and blink. You just beat a bad player.
    Right, I beat a player who was less skilled than I through superior use of control despite a gear and level advantage.

That is my point. He had all the advantages but I was the better player and so I won.

That's going to remain true if someone has 5% better stats than you. The better player will win.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    People who say that Legion feels like BC or WOTLk are the same clueless people who bought in the hype PR talk with Warlords of draenor being a new "BC" according to the marketing campaign.

The game will remain updates of Cataclysm and MOP for now on. The philosophy of the game currently is miles away from vanilla,BC.
    This. Truth.

Right, I beat a player who was less skilled than I through superior use of control despite a gear and level advantage.

That is my point. He had all the advantages but I was the better player and so I won.

That's going to remain true if someone has 5% better stats than you. The better player will win.
    Have you played at all lately with gear someone the same level as you can and does have 5% better stats than you.
    If you played last expansion you would of known without the legendary ring, tier set and right trinkets one would have zero chance against a player that did.
    Worrying about beating someone levels higher than you is foolish you beat a bad player plain and simple.

did anyone say it's similar?!

Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    I have done Mythic+, there are no new mechanics there just more HP to burn through and higher damage output from the boss/mobs. All things that are easily overcomed by better gear which will come effortless over time.

In comparison cataclysm had legitimate "hard" bosses (for some people): Ozruk & Corborus (Stonecore), Karsh Steelbender (Blackrock Caverns), Erudax (Grim Batol) to name a few.
    None of those bosses were hard.
    Like, no 5man boss has ever been hard.
    "Don't stand in the aoe" and "swap targets" aren't hard mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You mean, you have to farm world quests which provide artifact powers which can easily lead to World PvP? Isn't that like win-win? Of course, if you are on PvP realm with good Alliance and Horde balance.

Lorewise, you would like same thing in Legion? Why?
    Almost as if some areas aren't pvp zones where one can and does get artifact power and can world pvp.
    Almost as if that isn't in the game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Thank the light it isn't. Why would we want to feel the pain from 10 years ago?

So you beat an afk mage...
    warrior vs mage was amazing in wrath (TBC as well for that matter), I remember it too well myself - each could literally outplay the other and end up with 90% hp in the end

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    None of those bosses were hard.
    Like, no 5man boss has ever been hard.
    "Don't stand in the aoe" and "swap targets" aren't hard mechanics.
    Like all 5 mans since launch usually the trash to the boss is harder and that usually only due to pulling to much or dps pulling wrong mobs.
    The hard part of mythic plus isn't the fight itself but making the time just like challenge modes were.

Deleted
    Thank god it's not similar to TBC.
    TBC didn't have achievements, LFD, pet battles, the wardrobe or Transmog to begin with - all features that I got to like over time and wouldn't want to miss nowadays.

It was fun back then, it wouldn't be fun (to me) anymore today.

Legion, and the introduction of meaningful small group content (specifically designed for small groups) has been the best thing to ever happen to WoW imo. I am having as much fun as I have ever had playing the game.

The only time close was playing with specifically designed 10m content in BC (Kara and ZA).

I never liked (and still don't like) playing 20+ people raids with 10-15 people. The sizing doesn't feel right. Kara and ZA were designed for 10 people and it felt perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You mean, you have to farm world quests which provide artifact powers which can easily lead to World PvP? Isn't that like win-win? Of course, if you are on PvP realm with good Alliance and Horde balance.

Lorewise, you would like same thing in Legion? Why?
    Well because most ppl prefered WOTLK Lore & Storyline, when Horde & Alliance was fighting 3rd forces over MOP Storyline that was focused on fighting Garrosh who was temporary part of Horde for 3 expansions. And part of Orc allies, Maghars during TBC.

But in Legion we got Sylvanas vs Genn, Forsaken vs Worgen, rogers+Jaina vs Horde thing again which is simmliar to MOP Horde vs Alliance lore and Garrosh vs Theramore from Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    did anyone say it's similar?!
    I don't remember having to kick some nuts and catch squirrels in BC.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I have done Mythic+, there are no new mechanics there just more HP to burn through and higher damage output from the boss/mobs. All things that are easily overcomed by better gear which will come effortless over time.

In comparison cataclysm had legitimate "hard" bosses (for some people): Ozruk & Corborus (Stonecore), Karsh Steelbender (Blackrock Caverns), Erudax (Grim Batol) to name a few.
    Have you done mythic+6 with bolster? Let me know how you feel after that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    I cant understand why anyone would say Legion is anything like TBC or Wotlk. Its a completely different game now compared to back then. This may be good or bad depending on who you ask, but the game feels nothing like it did. As for me, the game is a mere shell of its former self. Far too many gimmicks and "features" and not enough real substance. Its changed so much since TBC its barely recognizable as WoW. Its more contrasting than comparable.
    Yeah...I miss sitting in city's doing nothing myself.

15+ Year Old Account

Clearly you have not done 4 or higher when the modifiers kick in.

10+ Year Old Account
    You people are really overestimating what a 5% stat boost is going to do in PvP.

If you can beat someone now and then we gave them a 5% stat boost, you'd probably still beat them because PvP is about controi. If you are better at control you will almost always win no matter how much stats the other guy has.

Control is literally the cornerstone of PvP.
    Agree 5% in instanced pvp from gear is not big deal, the big deal is huge gear gap in World PVP between 805-810ilvl pvp gear and 870+ pve gear.

Also big deal is Artifact weapon damage, gear stats do scale in bgs and arena, but artifact weapon stats and damage doesnt, and Rogue with 870ilvl artifact have almost x2 more dmg than Rogue with 770ilvl artifact.