Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wait, EU people claiming Russia as part of the EU?

lmao

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kritisch View Post
    I think what your not getting, even coming from Paragon is that races are about who is the fastest. Anything else is not important. There are also alot of sketchy worldfirsts in the past and noone is questioning them anymore because the faster guild won, even if they wre just faster to find a cheese or xploit and using it to their advantage. Every guild had the same chance and Exorsus won. Its never about what guild has actually the best players, because i am pretty sure there are alot great players that dont compete at all. If they would maybe the top 3 would look alot different.
    People aren't questioning Exorsis WF kill. We're saying that if the raid instance was tuned in the way we're used to (the way the last ~10 tiers have), things might have gone differently.

Strange as it might sound, I don't really think these races are about being fastest. I think it's about being the first to manage to kill a ridiculously hard boss. Those two aren't necessarily the same thing.
    Last edited by Beace; 2016-09-29 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    All the more reason they shouldn't have said something so flagrantly fucking stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Does not exclude anyone in the world from saying retarded things.
    Did someone piss in your Cheerios this morning? The amount of hostility you have is ridiculous that know will take someone like you serious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kritisch View Post
    I think what your not getting, even coming from Paragon is that races are about who is the fastest. Anything else is not important. There are also alot of sketchy worldfirsts in the past and noone is questioning them anymore because the faster guild won, even if they wre just faster to find a cheese or xploit and using it to their advantage. Every guild had the same chance and Exorsus won. Its never about what guild has actually the best players, because i am pretty sure there are alot great players that dont compete at all. If they would maybe the top 3 would look alot different.
    That is where I'd argue it's subjective from person to person. As a spectator, I'm just as interested to see which bosses will prove to be a challenge to some of the best players in the world. It's more of an accomplishment to be the first to kill Lei Shen heroic than Madness of Deathwing heroic due to the sheer difficulty of either bosses. At least personally I'm not interested in just whoever finishes last. Otherwise I'd just tune in for whenever the race is over and just see whoever is n.1 and look away.

Gratz to From Scratch!

Top kill times
    1. Экзорсус 2 hours and 42 minutes
    2. Method 2 hours and 9 minutes
    3. Serenity 1 hour and 41 minutes
    4. From Scratch 1 hour 26 minutes

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Wait, EU people claiming Russia as part of the EU?

lmao
    EU as in Europe, not as in the European Union. It's a common enough abbreviation, are you not familiar with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    People aren't questioning Exorsis WF kill. We're saying that if the raid instance was tuned in the way we're used to (the way the last ~10 tiers have), things might have went differently.
    Ilgynoth and Cenarius were still enormous roadblocks, and Exorsus was way out in front on those fights. Even if people want to claim the last boss doesn't count, they still won the race.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    Ilgynoth and Cenarius were still enormous roadblocks, and Exorsus was way out in front on those fights. Even if people want to claim the last boss doesn't count, they still won the race.
    Certainly. I've never said anything else. I (and many others) are just disappointed that it was a 1-day sprint instead of the 1-3 week marathon we're used to.

No one says the last boss didn't count. The Russians are the champions of this raid, no questions about it.

But killing the end boss of a raid on the highest difficulty in about 10 tries total doesn't make for a very hard and challenging boss at all. It would be the same if Method, Serenity or whatever guild won. It's about as disappointing as Madness of Deathwing.

they were ahead because did not do heroic splits

sco said that if they knew xavius will be so easy they wouldnt have done split runs cuz they wasted around 3 hours on it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    sco said that if they knew xavius will be so easy they wouldnt have done split runs cuz they wasted around 3 hours on it
    As if the Russians knew it.

They made a bet and won big time. Who does not risk does not reap the rewards. Or drink champagne.

All people that are trolling and accusing anyone of cheating... just keep in mind that this sort of things have almost always invisible GMs and devs watching

Deleted
    And they won it by a huge margin. I don't know why people are trying to play down their achievement or make up silly "but-what-if" scenarios.

Exorsus had everyone beaten like Usain Bolt beats his competition on 100m. There are no buts or ifs about it.
    Their recon (datamining), planning, strats and execution was flawless. Everyone else was miles behind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    People aren't questioning Exorsis WF kill. We're saying that if the raid instance was tuned in the way we're used to (the way the last ~10 tiers have), things might have gone differently.

Strange as it might sound, I don't really think these races are about being fastest. I think it's about being the first to manage to kill a ridiculously hard boss. Those two aren't necessarily the same thing.
    So if the Boss takes longer the guilds that can take more time off from work and school are the more skilled players? I think what youre saying is very subjective. But whats objective is that the guild that kills the fastest is the best guild at the moment. Exorsus outsmarted every other guild because they didnt stop and pushed and that gave them the win. Ofcourse other guild could have won but fact is they didnt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    As if the Russians knew it.
    They knew it (but still expected shenanigans hidden phase). They've been doing datamining since the release.
    If others didn't.. well.. that's just way too casual it seems, they need to get on with the program.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    All people that are trolling and accusing anyone of cheating... just keep in mind that this sort of things have almost always invisible GMs and devs watching
    This.

They were monitoring it in real time to light speed hotfix if the guilds found any problems.
    And in any case, they are probably looking at data post-fight to learn things.

I don't think Blizzard anticipated EN M to fall this quickly. Seems like a miscalculation on their part. But then again I'm just a casual scrub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    They knew it (but still expected shenanigans hidden phase). They've been doing datamining since the release.
    If others didn't.. well.. that's just way too casual it seems, they need to get on with the program.
    So there was no hidden phase?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    So there was no hidden phase?
    Nope. It just died.