Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Please stop dictating on the way people should play the game. LFR is not for everyone. It never was. Just as Old Heroic/Mythic raiding was not for everyone. Why shouldn't it have been primary way for others to acquiring gear? Why must old style PUG and guild scheduled raiding be the norm?

There are no viable gears in LFR for probably everyone because of the complaints from raiders about how other players does not deserve gear.

LFR was did not affect the game in the past. It affected some of the players but that is not the same thing. Some players just wants to kill LFR even though it was not divert anything from their content.

LFR does not really have a place now, except as you said just for a quick look and see, oh, this what a raid look like. For those who used to run LFR during MoP. It is all gone. So thanks people for ruining the game for others.
    I did not dictate anything... the developers did. All I said was that LFR has it's place along with other systems... I do believe the highest rewards should come with challenging content such as raiding and rated pvp.. and now mythic + dungeons. I agree and enjoy this system. I am sorry if others do not.. and like I said in my post .. it's just my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    There's no story in EN.

You go in, kill bosses, and that's about it. Xavius does't say a word- which is strange considering how wordy he was in a dungeon.
    Ilg says a lot of interesting things.

The Void Flower with which Shadow Priests can interact with teases N'Zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    How does that answer my comment in the slightest? It still stands that if you and your guild already cleared normal and our 5 of 7 in heroic you are indeed ahead of the curve. Don't matter what mount you are riding or what that has to do with anything but I guess you needed to show your ignorance.
    The point is that i was 850 pugging everything before I even did normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    There's no story in EN.

You go in, kill bosses, and that's about it. Xavius does't say a word- which is strange considering how wordy he was in a dungeon.
    At least you know that Cenarius is not dead

I got an 860 helm out of LFR.. hows that useless?

Yeah, your getting lucky with a titanforge is a super strong argument.

Anyway, it's true that LFR exists for casuals to see the content, but the current version is wasteful because there's no reason for even casuals to do it more than once. It needs to reward gear with base itemlvls higher than WQs. Even another couple points, itemlvl 840 (same as mythic non-plus dungeons) would be sufficient.

Good. I hope I can destroy each one in 20-30 minutes for my chance at tier gear next raid release.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenderxx View Post
    I did not dictate anything... the developers did.
    MoP had LFR which had a certain challenge. Wipe could happen and. Tier gears dropped. Trinklet dropped.

Then some people complained. LFR gear were too good. Even though it was still inferior to Normal raid. Trinklet were too good. People felt compelled to run LFR as mandatory to supplement their weekly gear loot drop fix. People complained about wiping in LFR. How unorganized it was. About Durumu the raid killer etc.

What was once, in my opinion, a good starting position to start introducing LFR and make slight adjustment to it, either adjust the rewards, the difficult etc. Instead it was chopped, quartered, diced into a form no one now likes.

LFR in MoP was in my opinion a good start. A few refinements were needed. Instead. Blizzard listened and changed it.

So Blizzard changed it because enough people made a loud enough noise for them to change it. The change was, in my, opinion, heavily influenced by the players.

15+ Year Old Account
    LFR was always trivial. But for those not interested in organized raiding LFR is the only option for them to experience the content. After WOD forced players through LFR we now have 2 alternate paths to gear up in Legion. World quests and Mythic dungeons.

It may still be required for people who need 2 and 4 piece set bonuses and have terrible RNG luck with drops. I ran it for shits and giggles hoping for a titanforged upgrade.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

LFR was designed for casuals to content who didn't have time or want to invest in being apart of a dedicated raiding group.

Just because it was not designed for you does not mean it isn't serving its purpose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rici View Post
    LFR now is the mode it always should have been: visitor mode.
    you don't need a visitor mode when you have youtube.

Oh, NOW it's trivial? As if it hasn't been since inception.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    World Quests still have their flaws, I've gone weeks on end with World Quests giving me worse gear then I have, only after a few weeks did I get an upgrade, It's the only way I can gear to do heroics, and then from heroics I had to gear to do Mythics, and then giggle at people looking for obsurd Ilevels, like 835 or 840... do they not realize the Mythics DROP 840 gear In the first place?

You need at MINIMUM 830, optimal 835, but 830 should be just fine. Ofcourse 1 or 2 Ilevel won't make a difference, If you know your class and rotation you can do well, and since Legion has dumbified and simplified rotations, abilities and classes In general even a monkey could do correct rotations. S even 828+ can do well, assuming you know the tactics.
    pugs require higher ilvl to compensate for your lack of skill. maybe you personally are good enough to do mythics in 825, but most people arent and so you have to ask for higher requirements, unless you want to gamble or waste hours in the dungeon. for example heroic nythendra should be doable in 840 right? nope. ive tried for hours, first it took several wipes to weed out people who cant pull even 150k dps, and then every time we got new people i explained the strategy, how to spread rot, how to survive in p2, everything, every time, and weve been just wiping for hours.
    Last edited by pmkaboo; 2016-09-29 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    you don't need a visitor mode when you have youtube.

Of course you need a visitor mode, because if you are actually happy just watching the game then you have no real reason to pay for it.

You can watch nearly every quest, dungeon, and raid on the internet now... so if you were actually satisfied to just watch the content then you would actually be kind of stupid to pay for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR was always trivial. HFC LFR dropped what, 670-690 gear? And Tanaan jungle offered 695 gear, and was also allowed for much more farming.

LFR : Is it... over?

Blizzard : At long last. No raid mode rules forever

LFR : I see... only Heroics... before... me...

It will be interesting to see the raid stats when MMO-Champ eventually charts them.

Despite the changes, I am betting that LFR will still be the most popular, and there is still a decent chance that it will have higher attendance than all other modes combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Maybe World Quests are their hint at moving away from LFR's existance?
    However, LFR was never anything more than trivial. It only becomes possible to fail because people are horrible at carrying their own weight, and expecting rewards for doing fuck all.

The problem is not LFR.
    I wish they would instead remove raid difficulties with sliders LFR/N/H/M and release instead you know, REAL CONTENT: More raids.
    I can't believe todays WoW players are OK with that...
    If you played back in BC, you remember how at the very end of the expansion, casual guilds were still running Karhazan / SCC / Grull / Hiyal while only top guilds were in BT / Sunwell. That's i the way it should be (imo).
    If they really need sliders, they should do it the Ulduar way. Hardmodes were fun and original in the way we did activate them.
    Raiding went to crap right after that with ToC and difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Aralon View Post
    From a raiders stand point it is. We clear it in just over 2 hours.... Extra gear for those that are a bit behind before we start HC. I wouldn't call us hardcore either
    Idk we cleared it last week , working out the tactics for ourselves. This week we cleared 5/7 in one night , and we are about to continue tomorrow . However for 845ish group there is still room for error on some of the fights - like Ilgynoth (or whatever his name is), Cenarius and Xavius - hence not trivial. Im not calling hard what so ever , just no trivial - at least not some bosses. We tried heroic 1st boss, but the group wasn't geared enough for that I guess. We're working up though , got to 852 last night personally

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    It will be interesting to see the raid stats when MMO-Champ eventually charts them.

Despite the changes, I am betting that LFR will still be the most popular, and there is still a decent chance that it will have higher attendance than all other modes combined.
    That'll be a shame - would love to see Normal mode become close to 75% off who goes to LFR as this would mean players are working in community