Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If he runs in 2020 under the banner "I TOLD YOU SO" I will quit my job and work for his campaign. You heard it here first.
    Bookmarked, I'm holding you to this promise.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, big surprise, if you complete the gop.com poll it takes you directly to donate.donaldjtrump.com

And you better fucking believe I took that survey several times! It's the Trump way.
    I joined in on that. I made sure to let them know I'm white, Christian and angry that Mr. Trump didn't stand up for OUR America and attack Crooked Clinton enough! Lol.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Despite my gripes with Kasich's stances on a number of social issues and some of his policies, he's the only GOP candidate during the primary that I thought wasn't a complete joke. Hell, if he was running against Hillary I'd legitimately consider voting for him depending on where all of his final positions and policies shaked out.

But yeah, Trump is literally the antithesis of the teachings of the New Testament, but that's a whole other ball of wax and a topic that's not allowed for discussion in these forums. So I'll leave it at that.
    I'll double down on this: he wasn't a joke at all. He's sitting at home, laughing and shaking his head, at what his own party has done to itself.

If he runs in 2020 under the banner "I TOLD YOU SO" I will quit my job and work for his campaign. You heard it here first.
    I'm with you both of you. Not totally behind on his general conservative stance on social issues, but he is not one of those who goes hard right.

Like a said a few pages back. The GOP voters where "Lets burn this motherfucker down". Kasich was barely getting 5%. Even throwing in Rubio and Jeb in the mix. The voters wanted chaos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    I joined in on that. I made sure to let them know I'm white, Christian and angry that Mr. Trump didn't stand up for OUR America and attack Crooked Clinton enough! Lol.
    The first time, I just answered "yes" to all. I'm curious how Trump does when he's overprepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I'm with you both of you. Not totally behind on his general conservative stance on social issues, but he is not one of those who goes hard right.

Like a said a few pages back. The GOP voters where "Lets burn this motherfucker down". Kasich was barely getting 5%. Even throwing in Rubio and Jeb in the mix. The voters wanted chaos.
    You know, in hindsight, a Biden vs Kasich presidential run would have proven that america does indeed have a working brain. And it would be much more about policy issues
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Despite my gripes with Kasich's stances on a number of social issues and some of his policies, he's the only GOP candidate during the primary that I thought wasn't a complete joke. Hell, if he was running against Hillary I'd legitimately consider voting for him depending on where all of his final positions and policies shaked out.

But yeah, Trump is literally the antithesis of the teachings of the New Testament, but that's a whole other ball of wax and a topic that's not allowed for discussion in these forums. So I'll leave it at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    You know, in hindsight, a Biden vs Kasich presidential run would have proven that america does indeed have a working brain. And it would be much more about policy issues
    While I'm not 100% Biden. I know he is kicking himself for not running.

I just wanted Biden vs. Trump because the debates would have been amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    I just wanted Biden vs. Trump because the debates would have been amazing.
    Even Trump holds back...well, at least he claimed he did. Biden hasn't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Unfortunately in exchange for Hillary's voters in 2008 there was a promise made to make sure Hillary had the full support for her own nomination in her party which saved us all from the possibility of a Palin Presidency. Unfortunately for Hillary, Bernie was not on the Democrat email chain as he was an independent and Bernie may be the reason why there could be a Trump presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Unfortunately for Hillary, Bernie was not on the Democrat email chain as he was an independent and Bernie may be the reason why there could be a Trump presidency.
    I don't buy this at all. Hillary's struggles this election are solely down to her campaign being run by complete morons for the most part, not taking anything seriously for quite some time until Bernie started posing a very serious threat to what they expected to be more or less the nomination being handed to her on a silver platter.

He said he was holding his sons hand who was in a hospital bed and his son was begging him to run. Polictics got in the way.

Oh great, double posting
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I don't buy this at all. Hillary's struggles this election are solely down to her campaign being run by complete morons for the most part, not taking anything seriously for quite some time until Bernie started posing a very serious threat to what they expected to be more or less the nomination being handed to her on a silver platter.
    I'm being a bit exagerative but in general Democrats were told not to run against Hillary in any serious way. Bernie was an Independent who decided to run as a democrat because 3rd party never wins and he needed democrat voters/money to actually win. He wasn't on 'the mailing list' was just using a bit of flourish in my words. It was supposed to be an easy trot to the nomination for Hillary but in comes Bernie who sweeps up the Millenials. The Millenials would come to hate Hillary with a passion, a passion which burns so hot that many of them would rather vote for a candidate that is nearly a complete opposite to Bernie rather than vote for HIllary.

In political circles the math shakes out to 'A vote against hillary is a vote for donald even if you don't vote trump." and it isn't something that third party people like to hear but the end result in political math always ends up the same when it comes to third party votes. Math is math, 2+3 is always 5 even if you have to go roundabout from 2+(1+1+1)=5.

Now back to my point, If hillary loses 46% to Trumps 48% and Millenias who typically identified as democrats put 6% into the independent candidates to protest Hillary then Bernie would inadvertently of caused a Trump Presidency and Millenials end up with a guy who is the complete opposite of Bernie. Yes I know that Hillary's past and the DNC's behavior directly caused the problem. They also did not expect the Bernie movement, and you can bet that some people will point at Bernie as the cause of a Trump presidency. Blame always flows downhill like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    After the debate:

Hillary Clinton
    63.3%
    Donald Trump
    36.7%

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ex_cid=rrpromo

Will be interesting to see how long this trend stays. And if Trump does the other debates.
    Wow... Last night Dump was at 41.8%! That's a pretty huge drop in one day for 538

EDIT: Although im keeping my optimism low for the oct 9 debate. The prob there is it's town hall format, and if Dump knows one thing... It's at least how to play a crowd.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2016-09-29 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    After the debate:

Hillary Clinton
    63.3%
    Donald Trump
    36.7%
    Bear in mind the chance of winning the election results, while interesting, are not the percent of people voting in a particular way. Those polls are still coming in, but the stories I've read so far are talking about a 2% popular vote upswing for Clinton -- nice, but hardly overkill.

Could someone explain how women taking a few months off for her baby isn't a inconvenience for employers? If it wasn't an inconvenience, then could anyone take sometime off and be replaced whenever they needed a break? Would certainly be nice.

I think people are missing the point when it comes to this. Yes, pregnancy is an inconvenience, but like taxes, repairs, or long commutes to work, they are inconveniences we have to put up with. Seems like he's just bowing to the PC police.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Could someone explain how women taking a few months off for her baby isn't a inconvenience for employers?
    This is a bad question - but later you do make some good points to clarify it.

A Better question is should taking a few months of for maternity leave be considered an inconvenience of the same value as, say, wanting to take a month off to go hand-craft a 20ft monument to himself made out of Parmesan cheese?

Maternity leave is a part of raising good children (ie. future customers...to those who don't understand) and part of what makes us human beings and focusing lots of time in the beginning for grounding and establishing a new life is all part of a natural development cycle.

If you only value it as an inconvenience, then you should hire a robot - not a human being - to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Could someone explain how women taking a few months off for her baby isn't a inconvenience for employers? If it wasn't an inconvenience, then could anyone take sometime off and be replaced whenever they needed a break? Would certainly be nice.
    In Canada, there's both maternity and paternity leave. It isn't about "women", at all, it's about new parents. If she wants to go right back to work and the dad's gonna stay home the full time, that's totally fine; there's a set parental leave amount and they can split it between them however they like, either concurrently or consecutively, as long as it's within the first year. "Maternity" coverage is just for pregnancy/birth-related stuff, not the time out afterwards to raise the infant.

Is it an inconvenience to employers? Sure. So is the fact that people need breaks. And meals. And sleep. And so on. People's welfare comes before the interests of their employers.

So if the woman has a kid every 9 months she can take half the year off every year?.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    So if the woman has a kid every 9 months she can take half the year off every year?.
    Yes but no woman in their right mind does that. If anything even with high maternity pay (like in Scandinavian countries) women tend to only have a max of 2 maybe 3 children spread out over a decade.