Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Mythic + Carry Groups

Last night, went in with a bunch of elitists into Maws who were making fun of me. They were standing at 860+. This is my first time joining a Mythic + carry group and apparently you can do Mythic + as many times as you want to get all the loot you want. These guys are decked out and they have legendaries (1 of each person). So we started pulling trash, they were fast, I kept up, with their amazing AoE skills (hunter) we nuked this down fast. Once we get on the boss I've out DPS'd the other two - hunter and a rogue.

Oh and I'm an FR Arms Warrior, full pre-raiding set (8/8) ilvl 847, no legendary. :P

Second boss, I've put them behind me. The hunter seemed like he was pissed? We went to the last boss and the healer stopped healing me, I laughed and eventually I died. No rez. Walked back, picked up my shit and left.

What do you guys think about Mythic + Carrying? Is it okay? Or should it be nerfed? This isn't about those elitists, it's about these carrying. People are doing only level 2's and 3's to get gear ASAP and force the legendaries to drop (the chances are low, but higher than regular mythics and because it inflates the legendary system - like it forces it since there are loot drops).

the way the keystone system works this will eventually die out or lessen to a great degree. those guys may be dicks but this is a dieing problem

I think it's pretty lame... but meh. Emergent gameplay I guess.

it's dumb in the sense that you can basically brute force a legendary before progression but it's cool that people who typically would never see a mythic+ dungeon (or spriests) get an easy way to experience it along with the chance at good loot. it's probably the only time we will see high geared players willing to help out ppl way less geared for nothing in return which is always healthy for the game imo

Is it really any different than paying for CM carries? At least it's free.

Done plenty of +2/+3 carries. You get an upgraded keystone, a sub 15min clear of maw, and 3 chests. All without the hassle of dealing with the average "880 ilvl and do a million DPS or be kicked" that your general group finder will have going for you.

Also, it's like rule #1 you NEVER use your own key in a PUG. If you thought it was bad a healer stopped healing you, wait till you find a PUG that rage quits, then you're stuck 4 manning, with no chance in hell of finishing, and a depleted keystone for your troubles. Good luck finding a PUG group to run a lootless mythic.

Done about 100+ carries, still no legendary Though the legendary/gear isn't even worth it at this point. The AP farm though is pretty good.

We carry +2s all the time but we aren't dickish about it at all. Everyone gets 3 chances at loot so it seems like a win-win to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Last night, went in with a bunch of elitists into Maws who were making fun of me. They were standing at 860+. This is my first time joining a Mythic + carry group and apparently you can do Mythic + as many times as you want to get all the loot you want. These guys are decked out and they have legendaries (1 of each person). So we started pulling trash, they were fast, I kept up, with their amazing AoE skills (hunter) we nuked this down fast. Once we get on the boss I've out DPS'd the other two - hunter and a rogue.

Oh and I'm an FR Arms Warrior, full pre-raiding set (8/8) ilvl 847, no legendary. :P

Second boss, I've put them behind me. The hunter seemed like he was pissed? We went to the last boss and the healer stopped healing me, I laughed and eventually I died. No rez. Walked back, picked up my shit and left.

What do you guys think about Mythic + Carrying? Is it okay? Or should it be nerfed? This isn't about those elitists, it's about these carrying. People are doing only level 2's and 3's to get gear ASAP and force the legendaries to drop (the chances are low, but higher than regular mythics and because it inflates the legendary system - like it forces it since there are loot drops).
    "elitists" really? Plz don't give shitty brats fancy titles, more than they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    "elitists" really? Plz don't give shitty brats fancy titles, more than they deserve.
    You are right, haha.

Something definitely feels off about Mythic+ now. I haven't had that much time to play the last couple of weeks due to traveling, so I haven't done that much of it, but it seems *deeply* prone to groups treating people like crap. The very first Mythic+2 I joined as a tank, I got severely berated for not pulling fast enough by a group of four abusive douchebags who were upset that they only got two chests instead of three. The second one, I played with two friends who were both competent, but we pulled in two PUG's who turned out to be utterly useless and died to stupid shit so much that we didn't get a keystone upgrade, which felt crappy. The third one I ran with four guildies in a Maw of Souls +4; we pulled in one PUG, who just left after two trash pulls after doing crap damage, at which point our keystone was wrecked and a couple of the other guys just gave up. The last one I did, I brought a keystone into a +2 carry group, and we just obliterated Maw of Souls and got three chests, which... I mean, I'm glad we cleared it, but it felt like a very weird situation to just dominate it all like that.

I really want to like this system, but it feels like it encourages some pretty unpleasant behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's not really the type of content that lends itself well to pug groups, no.
    I already made a thread about this, but here it goes again I guess. The content itself is challenging and that's fine, but it's the systems around which the loot is delivered that cause the problems. If you get a bad player in your group, you should be able to just try again with a different player. This idea that you need to have exactly four other people that you know in your group every time you do these or else you potentially get slapped with losing your loot and ruining your keystone is ridiculously punishing for the area that this content is aimed at. This shouldn't just be more content for people already in large raid guilds.

Yeah and this is why Mythics will die a terrible death, the second they are not relevant (or "gameable" as in the above example) people won't run them. As time goes on the reqs to even run them will rise exponentially. I mean the expansion hasn't just been out a month and already the barriers for some of this content are so high people just won't bother.

And in all honestly people piss and moan so much here about get good or gtfo but how are you going to get good if any time you try to step out of your comfort zone you have some gigantic asshole just waiting to tear into about how shitty you are... it is worse than it has ever been.

I can't even imagine what playing WoW would be like for a new player who hadn't really played an MMO before though I suspect once you hit end game it would feel a lot like being thrown into the prison yard for the first time.

Eltists dont have real friends so fuck em.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    We carry +2s all the time but we aren't dickish about it at all. Everyone gets 3 chances at loot so it seems like a win-win to me.
    Except Heroics and Mythics have daily lockouts... abusing this Mythic +2 for unlimited runs is pretty much bullshit... and done by bored players who end up being dicks.

Blizz has been so into not letting people trivialize content that it boggles the mind they allow this to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Except Heroics and Mythics have daily lockouts... abusing this Mythic +2 for unlimited runs is pretty much bullshit... and done by bored players who end up being dicks.

Blizz has been so into not letting people trivialize content that it boggles the mind they allow this to continue.
    Its not really abusing it as it was intended. Watcher was very clear that having an undepleted keystone was going to make you very valueable. How does that automatically make people into dicks? Or did you mean to say some people are dicks some aren't like every other segment of the population.

Its not really abusing it as it was intended. Watcher was very clear that having an undepleted keystone was going to make you very valueable. How does that automatically make people into dicks? Or did you mean to say some people are dicks some aren't like every other segment of the population.
    Pretty much it. Regardless of how much bad behavior they have, the point is the abusive way they're treating Mythics + as to gear very quickly.

Think about it ................................

In Raids, you have LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic then Mythic +. Let's focus on the first four and exclude Mythic +. In those first four raid modes, you can only get loot ONCE for that boss per week. However, in Mythic +, you are blazing through the dungeon so fast and getting gear faster with a lot more AP. The gear is random, but the chances are much higher, and you are forcing the legendary hidden drop rate to skyfire for your character. So there is no lock out on Mythic +, and you are getting unlimited amount of AP/Loot.

Do you guys see the picture here? 10-25 people busting their caps to PROBABLY get loot and don't forget that you will be locked out for the week for that boss, also who knows if the raid goes well, imagining how much time invested, versus a dungeon that you can clear in less than 20 minutes which gives you heaps of AP and probably Mythic + gear.

Mythic + Needs a lockout.

That is the thing though, the ratio of dicks to non-dicks isn't good. If it was like 1:100 were dicks then fine, wtf ever just some dick in my group. The reality (or the perception of reality as I have no stats) feels more like 100:1 are dicks (of course I am the 1 and am not a dick, you will just have to take my word for it).

The real beauty of it for the elitists is they KNOW they can cockblock others from content so they fight tooth and nail to make sure they can continue to do so. All this rush, rush, rush bullshit makes playing this game sooo not fun. Why do we have to clear everything in the first fucking day? When did this start, I mean how can someone play this game 12 hours a day?! I just don't get it, I struggle to keep myself entertained for 3 or 4 (and holy shit do I feel like that is to much already). My theory is these people just do it to fuck with other players, the troll lives large and in charge!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Mythic + Needs a lockout.
    Seriously this... I mean they lockout EVERYTHING, but not this for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    I already made a thread about this, but here it goes again I guess. The content itself is challenging and that's fine, but it's the systems around which the loot is delivered that cause the problems. If you get a bad player in your group, you should be able to just try again with a different player. This idea that you need to have exactly four other people that you know in your group every time you do these or else you potentially get slapped with losing your loot and ruining your keystone is ridiculously punishing for the area that this content is aimed at. This shouldn't just be more content for people already in large raid guilds.
    This is exactly the issue I have with the design of it all. It was supposed to be an alternative to raiding for people who like smaller group content. Instead it's become the playground of raiding guilds farming legendaries. Once those players have all the legendaries they want - and eventually they will, there's only so many for each class/spec - they will stop doing mythic+ at all. I don't know what will become of it then, because you can't easily pug it because so many players just aren't up to the content.

The abuse is that NOONE does +3, +4, +5.... they spam +2's. I don't think that was intended... or at least should not be... it's a super easy and fast way to stack legendary chances and farm lots of AP.

If they didn't need the key... they would and could easily 4 man it.

Ah the greatness of pugs. I got kicked from a group yesterday because I guess I started the run without our 5th player here. Even though I was about 30 yards from the fountain. So after I was removed. I called them fkn idiots and linked my keystone which I still had on me. They tried to invite me back and once again i told them to fk off. You'll find these rude entitled people where ever you go. You just have to rise above them. And tell them to fk off ������

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    The abuse is that NOONE does +3, +4, +5.... they spam +2's. I don't think that was intended... or at least should not be... it's a super easy and fast way to stack legendary chances and farm lots of AP.

If they didn't need the key... they would and could easily 4 man it.
    Which makes their shit ass elitism even more egregious! These folks could easily be doing 8+ but you know they don't cuz they want them upgrades just as cheap and easy as everyone else.