Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Mythic + "THE NEED carry infestation in premade groups"

so people just want to auto follow or stay at door till the carry group kills everything and key holder gets the chests? is that the new thing now?

the one hosting the keydoesnt need to pay right? since he is using his key and the others leechers getting free chests

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I have to admit - with the community attitude toward item level - that even on my 830+ alts I've been tempted to just pay for mythic "carries" and basically do fuck all and get some gear upgrades.

I mean, according to the community I'm useless and shit at that item level anyway, I might as well just behave accordingly. :|
    Alternatively you could create your own groups.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Carry implies this. If you need their help then it isn't a carry.

How is it an infestation? Plenty of people are looking to carry for free loot; just got a carry last night on my rogue alt and I wasn't doing bad damage myself but didn't feel like setting up a group. It's win-win and I know that a carry group will be able to do their part rather than taking a risk on a group of randoms and possibly losing my keystone.

Typical "people play differently than me so they're (insert insult here)" thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Alternatively you could create your own groups.
    That's what I've done. It's either whole guild groups or we pug a few people and run it.

Everyone loves saying this for some reason, but it has never worked at all for me, so there's that. "Make your own group" as a 830 (or lower) DPS and watch the screen for two hours waiting to get a tank and healer at the same time, woo.

Literally successfully "made my own group" one time this expansion so far, and that was with me tanking, my wife healing, and a friend as DPS, so we only needed two DPS.

So yeah, might as well pay gold for a "carry" rather than waste my free time every night, no?
    LOL I hear you! This game is beyond broken and it isn't the game it is the people playing it...

Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    so people just want to auto follow or stay at door till the carry group kills everything and key holder gets the chests? is that the new thing now?
    thats what carry is - i can understand your shock as abundance of fake "carry " groups required their boosties to do shit in CMin mop/wod but that wasnt carry - if yo uwere trully carried all you had to do is be in the dungeon -

i see it as very positive action - if they want to leech on +2 stones they better work their butt of for it

My and my guildies do +2/3 carries all the time. We don't charge gold or anything, just using your key.

Everyone loves saying this for some reason, but it has never worked at all for me, so there's that. "Make your own group" as a 830 (or lower) DPS and watch the screen for two hours waiting to get a tank and healer at the same time, woo.

Literally successfully "made my own group" one time this expansion so far, and that was with me tanking, my wife healing, and a friend as DPS, so we only needed two DPS.

So yeah, might as well pay gold for a "carry" rather than waste my free time every night, no?
    that because people who say it are season raiders in raid guild with real id filled with other raiders - they have no f.. .clue how the game looks like for 95 % of playerbase - they will keep saying it like mantra as if it woudl make it nay more true

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Join a guild.
    People seem to forget about this.

Basically. The game is very different depending on how you approach it. The people who treat it as a "Second Life" thing - or as the engine for their social interaction - really don't play the same game as those of us who just see it as a simple video game and log on to just have fun playing a game.
    Yeah this is totally true, for some folks they just can't see it as merely a game. The two cohorts just don't have the tools to talk to each other really. There isn't any positive interaction either, the elites (just like in America) set the rules for the rest of us...

My rogue hit 110 on Monday. I needed to raid on Tuesday. I had my guildies help me do a mythic dungeon, got a key, started a carry group. Got 4 855-860s to join, we got 3 chests. I then started doing heroics and now doing mythics.

I "pay" my stone, they know they're getting 855+s. Win-win for everyone. I don't really see the problem.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Key carries are becoming more and more predominant, it seems. Not a bad thing, though, in my opinion.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I have to admit - with the community attitude toward item level - that even on my 830+ alts I've been tempted to just pay for mythic "carries" and basically do fuck all and get some gear upgrades.

I mean, according to the community I'm useless and shit at that item level anyway, I might as well just behave accordingly. :|
    I more-or-less did fuck all to get to where I am at on my main account. I am at 849 and have done one full clear of normal Emerald Nightmare, one mythic and heroics as required by quests. Everything else has been from world quests.

You really don't need to do a whole lot to get 840+ ilevel.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Yeah, it's fine. Nothing wrong with it, really.

Hell, like I said before, "carries" (either in the form of paid or keystone) are how I've done content for a long time now. Not because I can't do it on my own - hell, even in paid "carries" I've out performed the "carriers" sometimes - but because the community is such a trashcan that I'd rather just have the clear arrangement and get it done without all the bullshit.
    There have been plenty of times that I've bought carries just because I didn't want to be saddled with bad, rude, or overly-entitled players. Sometimes I've out performed them as well, some even gave me my money back after the instance.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

if this is bothering you, just wait for "wts +2 key" to become a thing, i give it 1 or 2 more resets.

Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    People do the dungeons with us, we just offer our 4 grouped up people to run your key.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    People seem to forget about this.
    Not really. But joining one of those carry groups is less effort than making your own group or joining a guild for it.