Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Voter fraud happens, but it's almost nonexistent. A tiny number of people have been convicted of it in the past few decades.

Requiring an ID is a sensible idea. But that's not the issue. Republicans suddenly wanting everyone to show ID isn't about the integrity of elections. They are specifically going after voters they think will vote for democrats. They've already been busted on this time and time again.
    If Republicans followed up their Voter ID laws with a universal plan to get every single eligible voter a free ID with as little muss and fuss as possible - up to and including sending people to their homes to register them and take their picture for the card - all to take effect before the ID is required to vote, there would be absolutely no problem with them. The cost and time shouldn't matter if you actually care about making sure everyone's right to vote isn't infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    And how do you get a Student ID card? You just show up to a school with 0 credentials and they issue you based on honesty?
    Sometimes, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Correct, but you're missing key differences between this ruling and the ruling on laws created in other states including

Something not provided in many of these other states attempts. The crux being that these laws in other states are ruled against because they constitute a poll tax, there are not provisions like there are in this case.

Two different types of apples, one that passes inspection (this case!) and a whole bunch of them that don't (recent rulings over the past few years).
    States have changed and are currently changing their laws to conform....and constitutionality of these laws is quickly becoming a non-issue...except perhaps for some of the extremely progressive outliers in our society.
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2016-09-29 at 06:19 PM.

And how do you get a Student ID card? You just show up to a school with 0 credentials and they issue you based on honesty?
    My school is 16 hours away, we didn't have student ID cards when I went to school nor would my school be willing to create one for me. That is of course assuming my school even exists in the near future as since the 90's they have been considering phasing out that school and merging students across that district into nearby schools. My school history can be wiped out with the dumping of a garbage can if the school closes.

10+ Year Old Account
    A person gets shot - "Ban all Guns"
    A cop shoots a black guy - "All Cops are Racist"
    Voter Fraud happened - "It doesn't exist!"

Why isn't the same person who usually agree with all of these 3 points?
    Only one person got shot, ever? And it was a black guy shot by the cops?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I see what you're trying to do here, but these are not two comparable issues. At all. So please don't try to misdirect by pretending they are.
    If the issue is showing how something minor is a big deal to some people than to others, yes it is comparable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Only one person got shot, ever? And it was a black guy shot by the cops?
    Only one person committed voter fraud, ever? And was it a Democrat that committed it?

If the issue is showing how something minor is a big deal to some people than to others, yes it is comparable.
    Again, no, that doesn't work.

One situation involves potential disenfranchisement for a pretty big number of voters who will be unable to exercise their constitutional rights because folks from a certain political party are using voter fraud as a guise to try to suppress the vote from minority and poor folks who historically vote against them.

The other is an issue about police literally killing people without just cause often times.

I fail to see how the latter is "minor".

10+ Year Old Account
    So your argument is that people worried about voter fraud are idiots just like the BLM movement?

I agree.

One situation involves potential disenfranchisement for a pretty big number of voters who will be unable to exercise their constitutional rights because folks from a certain political party are using voter fraud as a guise to try to suppress the vote from minority and poor folks.

The other is an issue about police literally killing people without just cause often times.

Please don't attack the strawman. His argument is 100% strawman argument.

One situation involves potential disenfranchisement for a pretty big number of voters who will be unable to exercise their constitutional rights because folks from a certain political party are using voter fraud as a guise to try to suppress the vote from minority and poor folks who historically vote against them.

Majority of people poor are white, white poor people tend to vote Republican. Perhaps those poor republican voters should thank a democrat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Majority of people poor are white, white poor people tend to vote Republican. Perhaps those poor republican voters should thank a democrat.
    US census says you're wrong.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I don't see how you can't understand or agree that the whole point is, ust because YOU think it doesn't happen much doesn't mean we shouldn't do anything stopping it.

So ignore the example and focus on the point ^

He is losing the discussion and retreating to his common tactic of pointing and screaming, "SQUIRREL!!!"

US census says you're wrong.
    Oh god why am I always having to prove bullshit wrong on these forums.

Taken from the text you failed to link above the picture.

Demographic characteristics

Among those who were in the labor force for 27 weeks or more in 2014, the number of women classified as working poor (5.1 million) was higher than that of men (4.4 million). Similarly, the working poor rate continued to be higher for women (7.2 percent) than for men (5.5 percent). The working poor rates for both women and men were down from a year earlier. (See table 2).

Blacks and Hispanics were more than twice as likely as Whites and Asians to be among the working poor. In 2014, the working-poor rates of Blacks and Hispanics were both 11.7 percent, compared with 5.5 percent for Whites and 4.3 percent for Asians. (See chart 2 and table 2.)

Do I need to explain the difference between rates and overall?

I don't see how you can't understand or agree that the whole point is, ust because YOU think it doesn't happen much doesn't mean we shouldn't do anything stopping it.
    Then show that it's happening all the time. Again, you keep claiming that it's a big issue but have yet to show more than a handful of cases of proven voter fraud at the polls. If it's such a major issue, there should be no problem finding plenty of information about massive voter fraud.

So ignore the example and focus on the point ^
    Again, if you're going to cite a handful of isolated cases as proof of a broader trend, that's your problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god why am I always having to prove bullshit wrong on these forums.

Taken from the text you failed to link above the picture.

Demographic characteristics

Among those who were in the labor force for 27 weeks or more in 2014, the number of women classified as working poor (5.1 million) was higher than that of men (4.4 million). Similarly, the working poor rate continued to be higher for women (7.2 percent) than for men (5.5 percent). The working poor rates for both women and men were down from a year earlier. (See table 2).

Blacks and Hispanics were more than twice as likely as Whites and Asians to be among the working poor. In 2014, the working-poor rates of Blacks and Hispanics were both 11.7 percent, compared with 5.5 percent for Whites and 4.3 percent for Asians. (See chart 2 and table 2.)

Do I need to explain the difference between rates and overall?
    Everything I can find puts whites at around 45% of the working poor. If you have something that says otherwise, please provide it.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Donald Trump has been sued, and lost, more times than there are people/dead people found to have committed voter fraud in the US.

People who disagree with that figure are free to do the research themselves. They might, or might not, like what they see.

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/00

2015 Estimates 321,418,820 people in America

77.1% are estimated white
    13.3% are black

According to your own Chart 5.5% of whites are poor and 11.7% of Blacks are poor that means

13,612,087.03 poor people are white
    2,351,178.67 poor people are black

Damn those Republicans for trying to suppress the poor white voters!

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/00

2015 Estimates 321,418,820 people in America

77.1% are estimated white
    13.3% are black

According to your own Chart 5.5% of whites are poor and 11.7% of Blacks are poor that means

13,612,087.03 poor people are white
    2,351,178.67 poor people are black

Damn those Republicans for trying to suppress the poor white voters!
    Did you know that there are more then "black" and "white" people?

-Kujako-

Did you know that there are more then "black" and "white" people?
    I just didn't think the other 9.6% mattered but if it does to you then 1,697,091.37 other.