Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Yo yo yo yo... You're just jealous of our poutine.
    I do enjoy poutine

When pronounced correctly! :E

I like poutine like Quebec likes earning more in equalization payments than every province combined! kek
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Isn't this racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Disgusting.

Dog attacks are always caused by one of two things:

1 - Ignorant people who think dogs are smiling and that thrusting their hand at a dog's face is a good idea
    2 - Ignorant assholes who abuse their dogs and think disciplining a dog is all about hitting and yelling at them

Speaking on this - neither of my dogs have ever attacked anyone. However, one of my Shiba Inus gets agitated out in public. I've had to tell people to leave him alone because despite his drooped tail and obvious (to me) signs of agitation they insist on trying to touch the top of his had.
    There is a serious problem with people like you who want to continue to ignore facts. Facts like Pit-bulls are extremely dangerous and account for the mass majority of dog bite fatalities, somewhere around 60-70%. And children are a large number of dog-bite fatalities, so while you think it's disgusting that large aggressive animals like Pit-bulls need to be watched more closely, I think it's disgusting that people like you exist to perpetual this ignorant rhetoric that Pit-bulls aren't dangerous while they're out there attacking and killing children. Your opinions are harming other people, and telling me you're a dog-lover only shows your bias more. I've seen this argument time and time again, blame the owners/people not the dogs. Have you ever thought that just maybe some breeds are more aggressive than others, or has that not crossed your mind? Maybe we shouldn't have dogs that are attacking children because they were petting them on the head, that's just me though.
    Last edited by Synadrasa; 2016-09-29 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    they dont, most people just have no idea what a pit looks like so they say any dog with a heavy head/jaw is a "pitbull/mix."
    Really because every time I've asked a dog owners with a clear pit mix what breed their dog is, pit is one of the breeds 100% of the time. I must have special powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Really because every time I've asked a dog owners with a clear pit mix what breed their dog is, pit is one of the breeds 100% of the time. I must have special powers.
    what does a "clear pit mix" look like vs another mutt?

It's possible that they don't know either and are just making shit up :E

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    There is a serious problem with people like you who want to continue to ignore facts. Facts like Pit-bulls are extremely dangerous and account for the mass majority of dog bite fatalities, somewhere around 60-70%. And children are a large number of dog-bite fatalities, so while you think it's disgusting that large aggressive animals like pit-bull need to be watched more closely, I think it's disgusting that people like you exist to perpetual this ignorant rhetoric that pit-bulls aren't dangerous while they're out there attacking and killing people. Your opinions are harming other people, and telling me you're a dog-lover only shows your bias more.
    It is not a "fact" that pitbulls are "extremely dangerous". They're no more aggressive than any other build, but they tend to be subject to this by a few factors: one, they have a stronger, heavier build than a lot of dogs, so people think they're naturally aggressive and treat them as such, and two, morons go and buy them as guard dogs and mistreat them. Pitbulls are actually naturally very gentle dogs who are hard to upset.

Children are at more risk not because dogs are aggressive but because children are incapable, usually, of recognizing when they're upsetting a dog. It's on the adults nearby to be watchful and ensure the child is removed if the dog is showing signs of agitation.

even googling "pitbull dog" pulls up terriers, boxers, bulldogs...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    that is my suspicion as well.

This is disgusting.

It reminds me of Hillary Clinton categorising an entire race as super predators and filling the for profit prison system with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    "Hurr durrr breed doesn't effect the behaviour of a dog, even though they have been bred for thousands of years to cultivate certain behaviours that are tied to certain breeds"
    In 2015 there were 32 documented deaths as a result of dog attacks. 28 of those (82%) were caused by Pit Bulls, even though Pit Bulls make up only roughly 7% of the dog population in the U.S.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-sta...ities-2015.php

Anybody who says it has nothing to do with breed and everything to do with the owners is kidding themselves. People need to stop thinking with their emotions and start thinking with their brains. Critical thinking is a virtue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we shouldn't have dogs that are attacking children because they were petting them on the head, that's just me though.
    This, more than anything, shows your ignorance when it comes to how animals work.

Thrusting your hand at a dog's face is an aggressive action to them. This isn't something to do with breed, it's a characteristic of dogs and pretty much all animals.

I used to work with dogs and some of the friendliest dogs I would encounter were the pits. However, their owners were all nice as fuck people who took the time to train their dog well. One of these dogs would be walked to my work by the family's 8 year old daughter(the dog also had a purple sparkly bow collar and it was ridiculously cute).
    But while walking to or from work, there would occasionally be a guy walking his pit which would bark and lunge at everything. The guy was also a fucking asshole who paid more attention to his phone, unless he'd quickly yell at the dog, than the dog.
    I've also seen owners of smaller dogs who were assholes whose dogs no one could get safely near. Sure, that maltese or shih tzu may not kill you, but those little bastards bite real had for their size.
    Point being, it's not the breed. Like people, all dogs can be awesome or shit. A majority of it is a result of training, but there are also the less frequent cases of dogs that are just wired less well and become problematic assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Anybody who says it has nothing to do with breed and everything to do with the owners is kidding themselves. People need to stop thinking with their emotions and start thinking with their brains. Critical thinking is a virtue.
    That number doesn't take into account a lot of things: what did the person do right before being bit? How was the dog treated and raised? What external stress was the dog experiencing at the time? It's not the breed; by nature pits are gentle nanny dogs.

We need to educate people on the right way to train and raise a dog AND the right way to approach (or not approach) a strange dog you don't know. Do you know how many people I've had to correct who think tapping, yes, TAPPING my dog on the head is the right way to say hi?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Doubt it, rescue groups do genetic testing and most dog owners want to know what breed their dog is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It is not a "fact" that pitbulls are "extremely dangerous". They're no more aggressive than any other build, but they tend to be subject to this by a few factors: one, they have a stronger, heavier build than a lot of dogs, so people think they're naturally aggressive and treat them as such, and two, morons go and buy them as guard dogs and mistreat them. Pitbulls are actually naturally very gentle dogs who are hard to upset.

Children are at more risk not because dogs are aggressive but because children are incapable, usually, of recognizing when they're upsetting a dog. It's on the adults nearby to be watchful and ensure the child is removed if the dog is showing signs of agitation.
    Gentle dogs don't account for 70% of dog-bite fatalities, to say they're no more dangerous is completely disingenuous. And children are at higher risk to be bitten by dogs, but for some reason you believe it's "disgusting" that we should be watching these dogs more. Dog-lovers like you will just continue to lie even in the face of overwhelming statistics and even at the detriment of other people who have to come in contact with these animals, even by no choice of their own. If we're to have a serious conversation you need to stop spouting lies, a Pomeranian is no where near as dangerous a Pit-bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    In 2015 there were 32 documented deaths as a result of dog attacks. 28 of those (82%) were caused by Pit Bulls, even though Pit Bulls make up only roughly 7% of the dog population in the U.S.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-sta...ities-2015.php

if you look back in time you will find similar stats for rottweilers, german shepherds, pinschers, whatever the "fad dangerous dog" is at the time. this is because people will report the attack as that breed even if they cant identify what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    what does a "clear pit mix" look like vs another mutt?
    Head shape and other physical features that it are dominant traits, and no it is not remotely similar to the blocky shape of labs and other breeds...not sure why you're assuming most dog owners are completely daft...

10+ Year Old Account
    Gentle dogs don't account for 70% of dog-bite fatalities, to say they're no more dangerous is completely disingenuous. And children are at more risk to be bitten by dogs, but for some reason you believe it's "disgusting" that we should be watching these dogs more. Dog-lovers like you will just continue to lie even in the face of overwhelming statistics and even at the detriment of other people who have to come in contact with these animals, even by no choice of their own. If we're to have a serious conversation you need to stop spouting lies, a Pomeranian is no where near as dangerous a Pit-bull.
    A Pomeranian can be just as aggressive and mean as any other dog. The difference is that a Pomeranian is considerably smaller and, by society-standards, cuter, so they tend to be far more spoiled and less likely to be aggressive. Pitbulls have a very bad rap as aggressive dogs when they're not and thus are frequently mistreated by people and/or bought by complete dicks who have no clue how to properly raise and train a dog.

Head shape and other physical features that it are dominant traits, and no it is not remotely similar to the blocky shape of labs and other breeds...not sure why you're assuming most dog owners are completely daft...
    which is exactly what i said... any stray dog with a boxy head is going to be put down. i assume they are daft because i had a black lab that was often accused of being a pit because she was fat & had smallish ears.

Doubt it, rescue groups do genetic testing and most dog owners want to know what breed their dog is.
    All I can think of is this woman I used to work with, who had a "pit bull" that had puppies, when she tried to offload them it was discovered the dog wasn't anything remotely close to being a pit bull.

Anecdote anecdote, anecdote. lol, but it was amusing