Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I find Mind Sear to be very effective, especially whilst in Void Form. The insanity generation is great and even better before, if you take Void Ray too then Mind Sear does respectable damage. That in conjunction of ticking DoTs provides us with more than enough damage and Insanity. We get buffed and people still moan about how weak Mind Sear hits outside of VF, be thankful it actually hits harder now. Even before the buff to it, it is just a filler spell and you should have been casting it anyway as a filler on 3/4+ targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    i think it's still only 30%, just updated tooltips. Not on PTR atm, but can anyone confirm?
    Yes, that's what I'm seeing as well. The tooltip has changed from 20% to 30%. However, we still have to 10% damage buff to the new Shadowform.

If someone has access to PTR, can you please check what SW:P is ticking for a) without shadowform, b) inside shadowform, and c) inside voidform?

TYIA

What about the MB taking 3 seconds off CD. What do they have in store? These seem like crazy buffs or they are making up for something that they are nerfing HARD come 7.1.

Edit: I am a dumb. Ignore me.
    Last edited by bobkin; 2016-09-29 at 01:32 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Voidform already takes 3 seconds of Mind Blast cooldown, that's not a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    - The fact that the most 'class fantasy defining' and strongest talent is an ability that makes you 'surrender and die' with a powerlust phase speaks a lot about the design process of the spec
    At the very least it should turn you into a faceless or something.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robula View Post
    I find Mind Sear to be very effective, especially whilst in Void Form. The insanity generation is great and even better before, if you take Void Ray too then Mind Sear does respectable damage. That in conjunction of ticking DoTs provides us with more than enough damage and Insanity. We get buffed and people still moan about how weak Mind Sear hits outside of VF, be thankful it actually hits harder now. Even before the buff to it, it is just a filler spell and you should have been casting it anyway as a filler on 3/4+ targets.
    People are complaining about not actually having an aoe, like you said - mind sear is a filler.
    Every other spec has aoe, even some healers have aoe, it's just something every class should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    People are complaining about not actually having an aoe, like you said - mind sear is a filler.
    Every other spec has aoe, even some healers have aoe, it's just something every class should have.
    Well we do have AoE, it just sucks and has a slow ramp up time.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    At the very least it should turn you into a faceless or something.
    I would die (of joy) if they turned StM into a faceless dmg cooldown.
    I would even surrender my pet to the old gods, whatever it takes!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Well we do have AoE, it just sucks and has a slow ramp up time.
    You are mistaking multidotting with aoe, very different.
    If we get a way to spread dots, then you can call it aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    You are mistaking multidotting with aoe, very different.
    If we get a way to spread dots, then you can call it aoe.
    Well according to blizzard multidotting is our aoe :/
    I agree with your wordage, just repeating what blizz says to all of us naysayers xD

Deleted
    well about the shadow form, on ptr i hit harder outside of voidform and inside of voidform than on live, so i guess it stacks?!

some fast numbers, just a fast test:

SW: P ticks

PTR:
    no void, no shadow: 24,822
    no void, yes shadow: 27,304
    void, first tick: 34,205

LIVE:
    no void: 24,822
    void, first tick: 31,573

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So tell us...what should it be? You know..like more info than "lol"?
    No. There is scope here for a great deal of lol'ing.

The quote in your (EDIT: since deleted) signature sums up Blizz's attitude to players' feedback during Beta: "we know what you need, it is not your job to tell us what you need."

Players participating in Beta stated time and time again that our spec would be a nightmare to balance.

It is incomprehensible and frustrating that we've ended up in a situation where the spec has to be balanced in relation to the *potential* power of a single talent, which is incredibly powerful if you happen to be into endgame raiding but is of zero use in levelling & PvP and of only occasional use in dungeons.

What has happened? Less than a week before mythic difficulty opened they implemented poorly-thought out nerfs to MH & Void Torrent, which would have affected dramatically *all* shadow damage including that outside of StM.

Then, sensibly, they cancelled the nerfs at the 11th hour and have left Pandora's Box to be opened further along the line. God only knows what will happen to the level 100 talent row in 7.1.

If, at this stage, the OP and others want to lol at Blizz without providing any further info, they are more than entitled to do so.

It's been an absolute farce.

But, hey, the audience don't know what they need do they?

You know the reason why your Alan Moore quote fails? It's because the development of computer games of WoW's scale has always been influenced hugely by the input of their consumer base.

A computer game is not a work of art. It's not the product of a single author writing their magnum opus with the intention of opening their soul to the world while starving in their garret.

That the developers failed to respond to constructive criticism during Beta and have ended up in this colossal mess does, indeed, warrant a lol or two.

I don't think it's too hard for the devs to filter out good and bad feedback, at least not for (shadow) priests. We have a lot of good, constructive posts about our issues, not sure if the devs read them, but if they do they should see a pattern to what players aren't happy with.
    The (imo) biggest issues are, in no specific order:
    - Bad aoe/cleave (mind sear insanity buff was great, still low damage)
    - Slow ramp up (possibly slower than warlock pre-buff, haven't found out how slow warlock was)
    - 100 talent tier, LotV and Mind Spike is barely a dps increase and StM can't be balanced.

I have no clue what the best/most balanced way to fix these are, that's up to the devs to determine. I do hope these issues are on their radar for 7.1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Actually it hasn't ALWAYS been like that, especially pre-WoW and I guess you could say for WoW as well. Games were often created as "Well, I would like to play this game" - especially pre-Internet and forums.

And you know why listening to "the players" is such a double edged sword? How about you visit the several thousand post threads about flying? A simple question "flying yes/no" deeply divides the players. It is like 50/50. And that after they had such a hard on for flying, kept demanding it so hard for Azeroth that an entire xpac was build around the shattering and rebuilding to allow us flying. And 2 xpacs later some people viciously insist it was the worst thing ever and now we are stuck with pathfinder achievements that get more and more work intense.

Filtering player feedback on the class they love? Yeah, I don't envy the devs. Because I guess you are right, the audience DOES think it know what it wants "Top the meters and pwn everyone in pvp to /spit and /lol"

Oh yeah..and I play a shadow priest, so I could have every reason to be as lol or salty as you.
    Well, in my opinion, to fly or not to fly is a feature clouded by subjectivity. The StM issue is measurable from a more objective perspective.

Of course I'm not talking about games of yore. "level 43 of Manic Miner's too hard! - I'm gonna quit!". C'mon...

And, ok, you play a shadow priest. How's it working out for you then? Because for me - now retired to a casual friends & family guild, low ilevel, haven't one-shotted normal, hammered by melee in non rated BGs, didn't particularly enjoy levelling because of Void Form's clunkiness, having to apologise for lack of AoE in dungeons, while at the same time retaining an interest in tc & min-maxing, etc. - Legion hasn't been great so far. Personally, I don't give a fuck how powerful StM is. The drawbacks of having the spec balanced by a single talent's effectiveness in end game raiding (which I used to participate in fully and understand a little bit about) have not been worth its implementation.

I'm not really sure where you're coming from here. It goes without saying the developers have an impossible task in keeping 100% of players happy but in this instance they've really dropped the ball. They get paid to do it and my sympathy is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Shadow Priest View Post
    I'm not really sure where you're coming from here. It goes without saying the developers have an impossible task in keeping 100% of players happy but in this instance they've really dropped the ball. They get paid to do it and my sympathy is limited.
    Shadow priest is not that bad, actually. At least until eleshammies exist, we are okay

But if serious, I do agree with you completely. Doing nothing but fapping over an idea of "woah lets give our less loved dps spec a cooldown which will kill them - and also advertise our awesome Heathstone game! yeah totally lets do it!" for the whole testing period, letting this piece of terrible shit go live, and now telling players that they will redo lvl100 talent row in 7.1 is a developer's shame and a huge spit plus middle finger in players faces, really. Moreso, since Legion shadowpriest supposed to be our "rework". The "rework" that is not working. The rework that made us undesirable by players _again_. The rework that left us with absolutely no choices in talent tree. Not only that, but they demolished both healing specs as well - since Holy has close to zero utility and mobility, and Disc is once again a failed design.

Still, it gets much better with gear. Problem is, it gets WAY much better with gear for everyone else. (except our beloved eleshammies, they just suck no matter what)
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Im kinda lost abit, what is the best rotation now for mythics with those sort of buffs? Im using the mindspike build now, but like some1 mentioned if i use sear as a filler i do more dps, instead of mind spike. In the guide i cant realy a dungeon ST rotion if im right

We're still complete wank in dungeons. They introduced mythic+ as an alternative to raiding, yet some classes are WAY WAY better than others in that area. Most of the super OP classes have their AoE as an afterthought - Both MM and DH do their standard single target rotation, it just so happens to also cleave which means they do easily 1 mil+ DPS on packs. None of our spells cleave, if we multi dot it's a huge ramp-up time and mind sear does pitiful damage compared to other classes' aoe damage. You could buff it by another 200% and shadow would be nowhere near MM/BM or DHs.

Deleted
    i understand that we kinda suck, but i was more looking for a rotion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minti - Lightbringer View Post
    Honestly im fairly sure its just a side-effect of not having one set of consolidated hotfix notes yet. If it isnt then, fuck me, i don't even know what to think anymore.
    Don't worry, they can always hotfix us back to the bottom after 3 days of being good/too good like they usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by tarreltje View Post
    Im kinda lost abit, what is the best rotation now for mythics with those sort of buffs? Im using the mindspike build now, but like some1 mentioned if i use sear as a filler i do more dps, instead of mind spike. In the guide i cant realy a dungeon ST rotion if im right
    If you check the stickies guide here I put a link to my guide on wowhead. I updated all the rotation and talent stuff yesterday.