Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So wait a minute... and pardon me for being potentially hugely misinformed. But does the legendary "drop rate" not fluctuate among the different Mythic+ difficulties? So the rate is the same at +2 as it is at +10?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    So wait a minute... and pardon me for being potentially hugely misinformed. But does the legendary "drop rate" not fluctuate among the different Mythic+ difficulties? So the rate is the same at +2 as it is at +10?
    There is a jump from regular mythic to mythic+ but then it is linear after +2 with diminishing returns, most effective is at +2 and probably will stay that way due to being able to fish for new keystones from people who have just finished their first mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    This is exactly the issue I have with the design of it all. It was supposed to be an alternative to raiding for people who like smaller group content. Instead it's become the playground of raiding guilds farming legendaries. Once those players have all the legendaries they want - and eventually they will, there's only so many for each class/spec - they will stop doing mythic+ at all. I don't know what will become of it then, because you can't easily pug it because so many players just aren't up to the content.
    If you can complete a mythic, It's a fairly safe bet that you can complete a +2. Having said that, I'm not quite sure how this carry thing is supposed to work, but I don't think anyone is stopping keyholders from making a group and going through in a conventional method.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Pretty much it. Regardless of how much bad behavior they have, the point is the abusive way they're treating Mythics + as to gear very quickly.

Think about it ................................

In Raids, you have LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic then Mythic +. Let's focus on the first four and exclude Mythic +. In those first four raid modes, you can only get loot ONCE for that boss per week. However, in Mythic +, you are blazing through the dungeon so fast and getting gear faster with a lot more AP. The gear is random, but the chances are much higher, and you are forcing the legendary hidden drop rate to skyfire for your character. So there is no lock out on Mythic +, and you are getting unlimited amount of AP/Loot.

Do you guys see the picture here? 10-25 people busting their caps to PROBABLY get loot and don't forget that you will be locked out for the week for that boss, also who knows if the raid goes well, imagining how much time invested, versus a dungeon that you can clear in less than 20 minutes which gives you heaps of AP and probably Mythic + gear.

Mythic + Needs a lockout.
    If they put a lockout on mythic plus than anyone with a keystone at the end of the week would be screwed.

As for raid gear and mythic+ I've gotten far more from raid in the past week than I did from Mythic+. I think the system right now is perfect. Why should they put an arbitrary cap on what people can do?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Why should they put an arbitrary cap on what people can do?
    Have you been paying attention to WoW over the past twelve years? A very large number of systems are in place to prevent people from feeling obligated to just spam one type of content forever to get keep vacuuming up loot. It's why raids have lockouts and why order hall missions take 12 hours. Not only do they not want to encourage people to just play all day long all the time, but they don't want people gearing up in a matter of days and then being bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    Have you been paying attention to WoW over the past twelve years? A very large number of systems are in place to prevent people from feeling obligated to just spam one type of content forever to get keep vacuuming up loot. It's why raids have lockouts and why order hall missions take 12 hours. Not only do they not want to encourage people to just play all day long all the time, but they don't want people gearing up in a matter of days and then being bored.
    Why would you be obligated to do it? I raid tues/weds/thurs and do mythic+ on saturday when I have spare time. That was more than enough time to clear normal and heroic, get EoA +8 done and spam mythic+2. Even then its not going to outpace the gear you get from mythic. I haven't replaced my heroic raid gear yet with a piece from mythic+2. I mean its possible you get an upgrade but the advantage of mythic+2 is the AP and legendary chance which you would have with any content in the world.

Last I checked this is the first time we have had mythic+ dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Doesn't matter even if it were.... because like Diablo 3, there is a point where speed > chance... But I do not believe the chances are higher because of the difficulty. Then again we don;t knwo because Blizzard won;t talk to us about the legendary debacle.

As long as the chests also drop AP... it is most effective to grind +2s... mostly because if you go higher, you rely more on the 5th person, and the run takes longer.

- - - Updated - - -

If they put a lockout on mythic plus than anyone with a keystone at the end of the week would be screwed.

As for raid gear and mythic+ I've gotten far more from raid in the past week than I did from Mythic+. I think the system right now is perfect. Why should they put an arbitrary cap on what people can do?
    Oh, I dunno.. same way as there is a lockout on heroics and mythics. To limit how far you can progress in any given day.

Think about it.. why in the hell would i do my Heroic Daily, when I could instead kite a M+2 instead and get a LOT more AP and 3 more "good" chances at legendaries.

gonna butt in with a question here

will Karazhan 7.1 have mythic+/keystones or will it be strictly "mythic 0" only ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Oh, I dunno.. same way as there is a lockout on heroics and mythics. To limit how far you can progress in any given day.

Think about it.. why in the hell would i do my Heroic Daily, when I could instead kite a M+2 instead and get a LOT more AP and 3 more "good" chances at legendaries.
    So you don't have a reason other than "well it was like that for this other stuff!" And you do your heroic daily until you can do mythics instead. Why would I do heroic raids when I can do mythic raids instead once I out gear heroics?

Technically, they advertise as a carry. Go in, use our keystone, afk until it's over. They are advertising carrying you, why would you put in the same amount of effort?

They made farming low-level Mythic+ dungeons faaaar too lucrative. I really hate the legendary and titanforged system this expac. Rewards spamming content you overgear. That can't be the intended design.

The system is broken and I'm not saying put a lock out on Mythic + after you do it one time. Say you have up to a maximum of 5 times to do Mythic + before it gets locked out. That's an idea.

Look at my two paragraphs, they make sense. Why isn't Mythic + dungeons locked yet all other raids have lock out? Mythic + can get you gear ASAP with tons of AP, while raiding .... doesn't. Requires people, time, killing bosses and so on and they will get locked out for the week on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    They made farming low-level Mythic+ dungeons faaaar too lucrative. I really hate the legendary and titanforged system this expac. Rewards spamming content you overgear. That can't be the intended design.
    It's kinda good / bad / mostly good. There's an awful lot of people out there who just want their rewards for minimal effort, that's why lower difficulty content exists. Them being this lucrative brings those players together with try hard players, for mutual benefit while simultaneously giving people an infinite source of things to do that feels rewarding. It's overall just plain healthy for the game.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I'm very curious if they actually view this as an issue. For the first time in the history of WoW basically they made a system where you can join a premadegroup without any experience or ilvl requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I don't really see the need for a lockout; the carriers get what they want (AP and a chance at some WF loot) and the carry gets three chests with AP and presumably more useful loot much more easily than they'd get otherwise. It seems good that higher-end players essentially have incentive to seek out lower-end players and gear them up.

a lot of people are assholes (ex: the group in the OP) but that's always been the case. The mythic+ system in general seems pretty great (aside from the fact that you ought to get a cache based on the end level of your key rather than highest level completed.)

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Eltists dont have real friends so fuck em.
    no they have friends with +8 keys and triple chesting that isn't easy.

One question I have that idk if it can be answered is: how many people actually want to do mythic+2/3 to be challenged but wind up accidentally in a group that is just going to blaze through it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

All of the people we carried trough Mythic 2/3 were happy for helping them. No one really complained about anything. In the end it really depends of the people you find - some people are douches others are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    The abuse is that NOONE does +3, +4, +5.... they spam +2's. I don't think that was intended... or at least should not be... it's a super easy and fast way to stack legendary chances and farm lots of AP.
    You're better off doing the +5's/+6's and getting actual gear upgrades and the same amount of AP. You can get rid of numerous 840/850 pieces and replace them with 860/870's from Mythic Plus and still never see a Legendary, so all that time would have been better served doing the harder content.

And you just proved to me that high ilvl + legendary can mean underperforming plebs and dicks. You are my hero OP haha.

On the system: I think this is borderline exploit used to amass a huge amount of money or gold. My wish is temp ban for offenders. Or they should change the system with lockouts.