Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    In 2015 there were 32 documented deaths as a result of dog attacks. 28 of those (82%) were caused by Pit Bulls, even though Pit Bulls make up only roughly 7% of the dog population in the U.S.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-sta...ities-2015.php

Anybody who says it has nothing to do with breed and everything to do with the owners is kidding themselves. People need to stop thinking with their emotions and start thinking with their brains. Critical thinking is a virtue.
    Do note that "dogsbite" is a site run by an anti-pitbull activist.

It quietly overlooks issues such as mislabeling tons of breeds of dogs as "pitbulls" when they aren't - http://www.vetmed.ufl.edu/2016/02/17...-as-pit-bulls/
    Dogs with pit bull heritage breed DNA were identified only 33 to 75 percent of the time, depending on which of the staff members was judging them. Conversely, dogs lacking any genetic evidence of relevant breeds were labeled as pit bull-type dogs from 0 to 48 percent of the time
    And not controlling for the real factors of what actually causes fatal bites. Things like neutering your dog - http://www.caninejournal.com/dog-bite-statistics/
    Approximately 92 percent of fatal dog attacks involved male dogs, of which, 94 percent were not neutered.
    It also doesn't use any data from "unknown" breeds -- something the CDC data is guilty of, too.

That doesn't even touch on the problem of "aggressive breeds". I don't see any calls for banning dachshunds or jack russel terriers, even though they've been shown to be far more aggressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Darsithis I know you mean well...but normal people find them fucking scary as fuck.
    yet they're such a popular dog breed for "normal people" finding them "scary"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There are a lot of dogs bred to hunt, to have a strong bulky frame, and to guard that aren't getting the same bad rap. It's society that is pushing people to believe that pitbulls are a menace when they're not, it's people who don't understand how to greet strange dogs and people who don't know how to raise them.
    Those dogs didn't kill 28 people last year though.

So you can't escape a number either. Did you miss the whole part where cows kill 20 people every year?

You gonna support banning ranching too?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Yeah they did.

All dogs are pitbulls.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Ontario's not immune from my ire either. But this isn't about Ontario, is it? This is just another in a string of historic fuck ups.

PS. Québécois isn't a race.

PPS. Speaking of "teh racism," how's that niqab ban going?
    Yeah, showing how little you know about us again... Quebec bashing is the last acceptable prejudice in Canada. And you people wonder why we want to be independant...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    I wonder if there's a correlation between dog attacks and how aggressive pitbull owners themselves are.
    They seem to be fairly popular breeds among people who are fucktards to begin with.
    Yeah the majority of dog rescues I did were pitbull and other big dogs because scumbags wanna look tough and they tend to survive longer when you starve em or beat the shit out of em with a baseball bat compared to a tiny dog which would prob die on the first hard kick or 2 you give it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good law. The less of these dogs (and dogs in general) there are, the happier I'll be.

well I've been unprovoked attacked twice by pitbulls. One of them scarred me on the face. I don't know why people defend this breed

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    You know what killed 16 times more people last year? Falling out of bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The laws apply to all Pitbulls, including mixes and dogs that aren't exactly pitbulls but appear to be similar." is a huge problem, here's why:
    and are both pits.

not a pit, he is a Cane Corso, see the problem here? Almost any large to mid sized, short hair, with loose lips will be considered a pit and put down. I know morons who think their Boxer is a pit, I'm sure a lot of dogs are going to die, but that's probably what they wanted anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you can't escape a number either. Did you miss the whole part where cows kill 20 people every year?

You gonna support banning ranching too?
    When people start keeping cows as pets in their front yards and taking them on walks around town, then yeah.
    Cows are raised for milk and for meat, on farms that are typically far away from any residential areas.
    Try to include some logic in your thought process next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I'm breating ontario air right now but i feel high as fuck. I am just so tired of cliche white trash where I live having these dogs. Just bugs the fuck out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Yeah, showing how little you know about us again... Quebec bashing is the last acceptable prejudice in Canada. And you people wonder why we want to be independant...
    I would love to see Quebec live without the billions of dollars it gets annually from Ottawa. Gonna make up for it with the DuMaurier's and Molson Export. Maybe Bombardier will finally be allowed to die.

- - - Updated - - -

When people start keeping cows as pets in their front yards and taking them on walks around town, then yeah.
    Cows are raised for milk and for meat, on farms that are typically far away from any residential areas.
    Try to include some logic in your thought process next time.
    You're the one who keeps throwing out "28 deaths" as somehow being reason enough to ban/kill off an entire species.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Incrediblly racist law.

Has nothing to do with the "breed" everything to do with the owner.
    Yes and no.

Some breed are more aggressive than others, pitbull is one of them, which means that their owner needs to train them properly. So while it's true that it's the owners fault if they attack someone you also have to recognize the fact that pitbulls, and similar dogs, are more aggressive by nature.
    Last edited by zephid; 2016-09-29 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    You know what killed 16 times more people last year? Falling out of bed.
    Again with the petty unrelated comparisons. Use some >>>>CRITICAL THINKING<<<< please.
    Falling out of bed is your fault. It's an accident that nobody else caused but you. Being attacked by a Pitbull, especially one you do not own, is completely different.
    If there was ONE SPECIFIC type of bed design that was causing 82% of those deaths, then you can bet your ass that bed design would be retired or banned completely.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    "The laws apply to all Pitbulls, including mixes and dogs that aren't exactly pitbulls but appear to be similar." is a huge problem, here's why:
    <snip> and <snip>are both pits.

<snip>not a pit, he is a Cane Corso, see the problem here? Almost any large to mid sized, short hair, with loose lips will be considered a pit and put down. I know morons who think their Boxer is a pit, I'm sure a lot of dogs are going to die, but that's probably what they wanted anyways.
    Realistically, when looking at the stats, they should just be forcing owners to spay/neuter them. I linked above:
    92 percent of fatal dog attacks involved male dogs, of which, 94 percent were not neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    so maddening you guys even debate a useless dog breed.

I keep wondering when the Donald Trump of Canada will finally separate from the rest of the country, but it's not happening soon enough. GG Quebec. First you ban showers and now pit bulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see Quebec live without the billions of dollars it gets annually from Ottawa. Gonna make up for it with the DuMaurier's and Molson Export. Maybe Bombardier will finally be allowed to die.

- - - Updated - - -

You're the one who keeps throwing out "28 deaths" as somehow being reason enough to ban/kill off an entire species.
    Those are just deaths.
    Look up how many people are mauled and mangled by pitbulls every year.