Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hi, I need some advice as well as to maybe start a discussion about gearing.

I am 845 item level and I feel I will never get above this. At this point, you are basically stuck.

As an example:

- WQ gives tops 825 or 830 blues, nothing higher, NEVER any higher than that. I check EVERY day.
    - Ran 5 mythic dungeons the other day, got 3 gears, all 840... which is not helping. Odds for WF/TF is crazy low.
    - Cleared EN twice. Got 1 gear, 850, that was barely an upgrade. Six times I coined gold (3 per week).

And the problem remains this:

- My ilvl is too low for EN HC.
    - My ilvl is too low for Mythic+ (maybe not technically, but been declined in like 20 groups now, all want 850-860+ even for M2).

HOW am I suppose to gear up? Spamming Mythic Dungeon after Mythic Dungeon week after week and praying for a 850 drop doesn't seem like a fun way to progress into the expansion.

I cleared EN with my guild in split run, once they start mythic, those runs stop. I am screwed then, as no group will invite me due to low ilvl AND even if they do, PuGs dont seem to clear more then 1 boss...

What should I do?

Do you think this game has become very flawed as to gearing up?

I expect a lot of replies like "Just do Mythic+" or "Start your own group and reserve stuff with ML", but like I said, NOT A SINGLE Mythic + group will take me and I don't have the time to start my own groups :/
    I'm 858, and WQs are still 830/835. They have to cap somewhere, they aren't meant to be a 100% guarantee'd way to gear up after you hit a certain point (830ish, conveniently the ilvl needed to start mythics/raiding), but due to titanforging ANY loot from a WQ can go up to (currently) 895 I think.

You got 3 pieces of loot, none of them were warforged, and just based on that you assume it's a low chance? When I do 2-3 chest runs(4-6 loots) I almost always see at least 1 upgrade in ilvl per run, and tertiary stats roll like crazy now. I'd say the chances are higher than they were in WoD, or maybe it's just that there's a lot more opportunities to get gear.

How should you progress? Well, keep doing what you already did. If this were WoD, you'd be stuck at ~635 (heroic gear) with pretty much no hope of going beyond that unless you raided, so I'd say the fact that you can get gear from WQs and 5 man dungeons is pretty nice.

Aaaaaaaalso, You have time to run M+, but not 5 minutes to throw a group up in the finder when you get a keystone yourself? Literally, if you have a keystone, you can get a full group in less than 5 minutes. Or you can even give your keystone to a carry group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oy. 845 is fine for baseline mythics. If you aren't getting accepted, then start your own group. You will get a keystone at the end of your first run. Then, you can leverage the keystone to join a group begging for people +2 stones (there are a lot of groups who want to farm legendaries out of the mythic + chests, and once their own stones are depleted, they will carry you in exchange for the use of yours - groupfinder is your friend here) and hopefully get something out of the chests at the end.

If you have time to run a mythic dungeon, you have time to list the group... in my experience they fill pretty fast.

Don't forget to kill the world boss each week. 870 hat off Nithogg last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium

I am 845 item level and I feel I will never get above this. At this point, you are basically stuck.

As an example:

- WQ gives tops 825 or 830 blues, nothing higher, NEVER any higher than that. I check EVERY day.
    - Ran 5 mythic dungeons the other day, got 3 gears, all 840... which is not helping. Odds for WF/TF is crazy low.
    - Cleared EN twice. Got 1 gear, 850, that was barely an upgrade. Six times I coined gold (3 per week).

- My ilvl is too low for Mythic+ (maybe not technically, but been declined in like 20 groups now, all want 850-860+ even for M2).

HOW am I suppose to gear up? Spamming Mythic Dungeon after Mythic Dungeon week after week and praying for a 850 drop doesn't seem like a fun way to progress into the expansion.

I cleared EN with my guild in split run, once they start mythic, those runs stop. I am screwed then, as no group will invite me due to low ilvl AND even if they do, PuGs dont seem to clear more then 1 boss...

What should I do?

I expect a lot of replies like "Just do Mythic+" or "Start your own group and reserve stuff with ML", but like I said, NOT A SINGLE Mythic + group will take me and I don't have the time to start my own groups :/
    I just cleared xav normal for the second time, got legit lucky on rng for a legendary healing (main spec) shoulder.. anyway <3 - but I was 850 for the first kill on xav normal, but I joined an 850 group last night, literally one shot xav like candy on normal: anyway - My point is that you can get damn good titanforged gear from even normal mythics, it indeed does go above 850, I've seen at least 865 a few times since mythic EN released out of normal mythic dungeons( NOT + ), and you only need 835 to really smoke through mythic normal dungeons. So again to be safe, you having 845, running all of the mythics, should get some 850, maybe even 855 to 865 pieces, and in normal you can get the same range if it titanforges - So I mean I know especially with a legendary, you can get to 860 almost before mythic+ dungeon or heroic EN if you wanted.. But tbh, I would push for a normal clear, and mythic's to hit 850 for a nice smooth entry heroic EN run (first boss, at least), also two things, don't forget the extra roll tokens, AND also don't forget about that world boss <3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Then please explain how you did it. If it's easy, it shouldn't take too long.
    Looted every single bit of loot I could - world quests, dungeons, heroics, mythics if you can, emissary. The more blues you loot from WQs the more chance one will proc up. Then farm order resources to upgrade your class hall set if needed.

To be honest - the hardest gap was 800 to 810 for me.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

If you have time to raid, then you have time to to make a group. If you don't have time to raid, then why even bother getting gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I saw a 835 WQ today so it doesn't max out at 830. It does seem nerfed though as for a while i saw lots of 840 even 845 WQs which now seem to not exist anymore or are extremely rare.
    I got an ilvl 855 item from a WQ today and then a 845 from another.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

This thread should be renamed to
    "I want to be given gear but I don't want to put any effort in".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm managed to get to 854 without crafted and without legendary, and with under 10 mythic runs (no +) since start.

I'm what this place calls a casual
    wow you filthy casual

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Deleted
    This thread is so sad. It generally boils down to being Lazy and/or dumb.
    You don't get accepted to group? Well make your own. The tank will lead it in 99% of the cases anyway.
    You don't have gold? I don't even.. There has never been easier to make gold, especially with the high demand of herbs for raiders / mythic +.

I main Ret paladin, and from day 1 of Legion release I have filled the Tank role instead and still do since there is such a low demand of rets in dungeons. Even though my ilvl is 865 I rarely get accepted when I try to apply as dps.

You simply have to adapt. If you can use offspecc, do it. If you are playing a Rogue then form your own groups or get a tank/healer friend to play with.

If all that fail then choose Herbalism, buy a Sky Golem and the anti-daze leatherworking item and go HAM for Starlight Rose/Fjarnskaggl/Foxflowers. Then craft your 850 gear.

Deleted
    Welcome to Wow, if you fall behind, you stay behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, starting a group takes like one hour. Tried it before, serached 40min for a tank, after I got one, the healer left. Searched another 20min then the tank left. So I gave up.

Finding a group is smooth (in theory), as you can search for those who just need a DPS.
    Out of all mythic runs you haven't swapped contact info with any healer/tank?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The OP has a point. Once you reach 840+ the only remaining upgrade paths are Raids and Mythic+ keystone runs, but I believe that is intentional by Blizzard as they don't want people acquiring gear super fast and faceroll through all their content.

With that said, the chance of getting Warforged/Titanforged seems a lot higher this expansion, and even though it's all RNG, you will be very likely to get 850+ drops even if you only run baseline Mythic 1 dungeons and 855+ for normal EN raids.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

As an example:

What should I do?

IF all your world quests are giving 825-830 and you're already 845 then you're having bad luck. I got 3 835 pieces today and one of them actually went warforged to 850 with a socket as well. Also try crafted gear, I made myself a plate belt and made then obliterated enough gear to get it 7/7, thus making it a 850 belt. Going to try my luck crafting 1 or 2 other pieces I'm missing for item level. Otherwise try to make your own mythic runs because most people that make them request people of higher level so the run is easy for them in hopes that they'll get the gear that nobody needs.
    Last edited by DarthMonk79; 2016-09-30 at 03:28 AM.

As an example:

What should I do?

Others don't have a problem getting gear.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to previous expansions it's insane to gear now.
    It has never been easier to gear yourself.
    If virtually every other expansion you'd be sitting around 820 right now.
    You're pretty decently geared.

You just got to a plateau quicker than other expansions
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I have 20k on my account in total, never been above 40k in this expansion. I find making gold is extremly hard at the moment
    Probably been said already, but cba to read through all pages.
    Gold is easy as hell to make atm, if your professions don't make you gold then you change professions, I made roughly 500k with mining mainly mining whatever I happened to run by, I've actually farmed for maybe 3-4 hours tops since the expansion hit.
    Herbalism, alchemy and mining are all goldmines, also fishing and even cooking can make you a nice amount of gold and your class hall can make you a few thousand per day with the mission table.

Edit: personally I'm ilvl 849 right now without legendary and no crafted items, I have done 1 m+ and except LFR I haven't been in to EN, my gear comes mainly from world quests.

Thread up until this point has been a great read, and kinda looks like a sitcom when I look back at it.

My thoughts: OP wants cake without buying, earning nor making it. Doesn't get it, doesn't deserve it, but still complains. Loads of amazing tips in here which seemingly went by unnoticed by OP. Good luck to OP in his ventures about getting free shinies.

I got to 850 without ever entering a raid, so /shrug

Even normal EN gear can Titanforge up to like 890, so no, you do not get "stuck" at 845, you're simply having bad RNG on warforge/titanforge.

EN has only been open for two weeks though. What were you expecting, to get +10 ilvl in two weeks? Keep your shorts on, son.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Probably been said already, but cba to read through all pages.
    Gold is easy as hell to make atm, if your professions don't make you gold then you change professions, I made roughly 500k with mining mainly mining whatever I happened to run by, I've actually farmed for maybe 3-4 hours tops since the expansion hit.
    Herbalism, alchemy and mining are all goldmines, also fishing and even cooking can make you a nice amount of gold and your class hall can make you a few thousand per day with the mission table.
    I don't even really use my professions for gold; almost all of my gold comes from:

-world quests
    -LFD satchels
    -class hall missions
    -shoulder enchant Gatherer bags, selling herbs/fish on AH

and I make at least 10k gold a week, so if OP only has 20k gold, it's clear that he's not even really trying at all.

The only flaw is that you can get insanely geared outside raids.
    If you are stuck at 845 its because you are oblivious.

Can't help you, honestly.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

uhm
    people should be standing in like to do your keys with you, especially if it's a +2

that's the whole point of the mythic+ system

also you can craft 850 gear for basically no money