Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    If were following the Night Elf/Blood Elf themes here. I think the two most likely cities are going to be Silvermoon and Darnassus. Not sure if this is going to happen though, cause they said that they weren't going to do anything "cataclysm-esque".

In reality, it probably means that Suramar will be the city that will be burned.

I don't see them doing Org again in any case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    This almost happened to the Exodar.
    Almost?

Exodar was literally so much on fire that Velen had to cast a shield just to walk through the fel corruption on his way to Rak'eesh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stormgarde fall AFTER 3rd War and party at Hyjal.

Honestly, it would probably break up the monotony of the game a bit. At least having a main city story-driven war would be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    Almost?

Exodar was literally so much on fire that Velen had to cast a shield just to walk through the fel corruption on his way to Rak'eesh.
    Well that was just a part of the Exodar, and it seens that the biggest damage the Exodar got was:

1- The destruction of the ship (again), so they will need to repair it once again to go to Argus

2- Many dead people (most likely the biggest problem)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    It seemed like the legion almost purged the entire exodar, which makes velen's decision to travel to argus so weird.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see suramar get destroyed; I mean they're a bunch of decadent drug addicts who've built their society on the basis of an unsustainable power source. So y'know, I'm sure they'll wind up seeing the error of their ways and straightening things out before anything bad happens to them.

I expect a 'fall' in the style of the night elves, and then the survivors being rescused by the nightfallen and the arcandor.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that was just a part of the Exodar, and it seens that the biggest damage the Exodar got was:

1- The destruction of the ship (again), so they will need to repair it once again to go to Argus

well, they also lost their resident naaru who (iirc?) was powering the ship. So we'll see what kinda crazy stuff velen pulls to get'er moving again

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The Legion should destroy Exodar and Silvermoon so they are never again discussed as having developer time wasted on them to make them glorious and fly able.

- - - Updated - - -

Good. Screw Dalaran. It isn't even a city it's a floating shopping center.
    Where the hell do people even live in Dal? Do they just commute there?

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Where the hell do people even live in Dal? Do they just commute there?
    My Headcanon is nobody actually lives there anymore and it's just a big campus of magic. Since all the usual residents are mages they just port home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It seemed like the legion almost purged the entire exodar, which makes velen's decision to travel to argus so weird.
    Well... he does kind of know that the Army of Light is fighting the Legion and, most likely, there, so its not that bad of an idea to go there if he plans on joining said army

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    well, they also lost their resident naaru who (iirc?) was powering the ship. So we'll see what kinda crazy stuff velen pulls to get'er moving again
    Use the one that was uncorrupted in the priest campaign :P

My Headcanon is nobody actually lives there anymore and it's just a big campus of magic. Since all the usual residents are mages they just port home.
    Sounds plausible considering a lot of the other major cities have living quarters. About the only places that have them in Dal was the inn near the profession area and in the sewers.

Well, what id love to see is Jaina destroy dalaran to prevent the horde from using it more. Suramar being the new capital city after some story, then the exodar being the new hub for invasion of argus or such in the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran getting destroyed would be an interesting development. I doubt it will happen though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Dalaran getting destroyed would be an interesting development. I doubt it will happen though.
    Why not? Blizzard blew up the Vale of Eternal Blossoms in MoP, and everyone was shocked about it. Dalaran crashing would have an even bigger impact, I think. Plus, it parallels Warcraft III nicely.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    a single fel meteorite should plummet towards Azeroth and out of the millions of possible impact sites, should land directly on the single tree standing in Darnassus that serves as the Worgen capital.
    I laughed.
    Hoping to see a return campaign to the kingdom of Gilneas some day.

But yeah, I would really, really like to see Dalaran get blown out of the sky. It has some proximity to the Tomb of Sargeras so it's not a stretch to imagine Gul'dan shooting some fel-bolt at it.
    I also despise the city, the fact that its a sanctuary, the loading screens, we've already wasted one expansion afking there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    It's going to be Dalaran in 7.2 or beyond. Kil'jaeden will be summoned and do what Archimonde did to Dal in Warcraft III, except Dalaran will plummet into the ocean instead.

Suramar City will be the new Broken Isles capital after it's liberated during the Nighthold raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I feel like Dalaran getting blown out of the sky could be a thing
    Good. Screw Dalaran. It isn't even a city it's a floating shopping center.
    Hopefully Blizzard hears you, Dalaran and Khadgar should implode or something (to create feeling of war and defeat) and Suramar becomes our new capital!

Quote Originally Posted by ThassiusCircle View Post
    Honestly, it would probably break up the monotony of the game a bit. At least having a main city story-driven war would be cool.
    Yeahh!! Destruction everywhere! Ironforge and Silvermoon the only surviving cities on Eastern Kingdoms...

Well... he does kind of know that the Army of Light is fighting the Legion and, most likely, there, so its not that bad of an idea to go there if he plans on joining said army
    He also knows said army is on the verge of defeat and basically has just one ship with mostly noncombatants on it. A legion strike force was enough to pretty much overwhelm them, so going to Argus with just his ship is a pretty bad idea.

There has been a distinct lack of kingdom burning thus far. Hopefully Stormwind will lie in ruins at the end of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He also knows said army is on the verge of defeat and basically has just one ship with mostly noncombatants on it. A legion strike force was enough to pretty much overwhelm them, so going to Argus with just his ship is a pretty bad idea.
    Not surprised, in the end, i saw it more like "FUCK IT! If we are going to die, lets die fighting for our home!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    There has been a distinct lack of kingdom burning thus far. Hopefully Stormwind will lie in ruins at the end of the expansion.
    Not happening....if ever. If that happens then Orgrimmar needs to burn to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi