Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I farmed the Soulmages in west Azsuna for around 4-6hrs, getting all 6 Eredar Heads there (Hidden Demo Skin), but no tome...

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    I farmed the Soulmages in west Azsuna for around 4-6hrs, getting all 6 Eredar Heads there (Hidden Demo Skin), but no tome...
    Are you exalted with Highmountain?

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    At the current estimate I read on, I think the official forums it'll take 39 days for Affliction to unlock it's skin. I think I'll leave that one there for others to simmer on, cause that's just completely stupid.
    Is it? With the Afflic skin you can reliably grind for the starter item and reliably kill Elite Warden WQ targets for skulls. Yes, it takes a bit of time, but you can be certain that with effort and patience you'll have gotten it at the end of that time.

With Destro, you're at the complete mercy of the RNG for when you get it. One class hall summoned demon kill per day, no more no less. Maybe you win the lottery and get it your first kill. Maybe you kill a demon every day for six months and it never drops. There's nothing you can do to influence it either way beyond making sure you kill your one demon every day.

Which is better or worse than the other? Honestly, I've always hated being at the mercy of the RNG, and I'd take the Afflic method over the Destro one any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Is it? With the Afflic skin you can reliably grind for the starter item and reliably kill Elite Warden WQ targets for skulls. Yes, it takes a bit of time, but you can be certain that with effort and patience you'll have gotten it at the end of that time.

With Destro, you're at the complete mercy of the RNG for when you get it. One class hall summoned demon kill per day, no more no less. Maybe you win the lottery and get it your first kill. Maybe you kill a demon every day for six months and it never drops. There's nothing you can do to influence it either way beyond making sure you kill your one demon every day.

Which is better or worse than the other? Honestly, I've always hated being at the mercy of the RNG, and I'd take the Afflic method over the Destro one any day.
    Uhh, affliction's is completely RNG. You have to get WQs that have the required mob type and it's not always guaranteed they will drop a skull on top of the RNG to get the tome in the first place. Both are 100% RNG.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

I just got it farming the felcow camp in HM. Just got exalted with HM prior -- and I was farming for the Demo head skin. There was no world quest up for this spot, so that theory is debunked. I have a screenshot of it but mmo champ will not let me post the link to imgur because i made this account just to tell everyone the stupid theories were actually stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

My AK is rank 5 and I have 25 traits, I am also exalted with the Nightfallen -- a/KJhEC is the end of the imgur for the screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by Draxtor View Post
    Are you exalted with Highmountain?
    I farmed the Eredar in HM for about 1:30h, 30min as Destro with lootspec Destro and 1h as Demo with lootspec Demo.
    I didn't get the tome or one of the eredar heads.
    Im exalted with HM and Nightfallen, AK5, no Xavius kill (comes today).
    For Demo artifact (should be moved to the other thread), it seems exalted with HM and possibly Nightfallen as well as Xavius kill are required based off this data and other data previously provided, and of course AK4 as some of the successful Warlocks didn't have AK5.

I have Xavius and AK5 but no luck farming for heads yet as I'm only Revered with HM/Nightfallen.

For Affliction: AK5 + killing Eredar is the only requirement I am positive. I did kill Xavius yesterday, but I also dinged AK5 this morning and got the Grimoire with hardly any farming.

Got 1 skull of the executed [Aff hidden skin quest] from WQ to kill an elite harpy
    Mob name: Malisandra
    Coords: 42,77

Quote Originally Posted by toothreaper View Post
    Got 1 skull of the executed [Aff hidden skin quest] from WQ to kill an elite harpy
    Mob name: Malisandra
    Coords: 42,77
    I was going to post the same. Add Melisandre to the list of Champions that drop them.

Has anybody got a skull from any of the PVP captains? Or do they have to be the Elite Dragon WQ's?

Additionally I got my Aff drop last night farming for the Demo skulls. I was farming Eredar Shadowguards in HM. I have no Exalted reps and just got AK5. I had ~8 hours of farming Eredar mobs prior to getting AK5 with no drop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Super fun, no skull of the executed from the Danger:Stormfeather WQ....not like I expected one. Again, fuck this 13 skull grind compared to literally every other way of getting artifacts beside the ret-tards.

I can also confirm that it will drop from Shadowsworn Defilers near Felbane Camp in Highmountain.
    Came hunting for the demo item, and it dropped from the first three mobs I killed in there. And those were the first after obtaining AK5.

I'm not exalted with anything, I was in Demo spec and have killed Xavius on normal the night before.

P.S.
    I have exactly 1 trait on my Aff weapon, but 20 on my Demo.
    Last edited by Gredunza; 2016-09-29 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem94 View Post
    Super fun, no skull of the executed from the Danger:Stormfeather WQ....not like I expected one. Again, fuck this 13 skull grind compared to literally every other way of getting artifacts beside the ret-tards.

It's been confirmed now the only thing holding Rets back is AK6 after somebody tried blasting me how they require AK16+. So, Affliction now is officially the only one that takes an idiotic length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    It's been confirmed now the only thing holding Rets back is AK6 after somebody tried blasting me how they require AK16+. So, Affliction now is officially the only one that takes an idiotic length of time.
    RNG is fun. Thats how Blizzard disigned affliction. So no wonder that there's random drop for quest item for hidden appearance.

Just got mine, can I post screenshots on this forum?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    Just got mine, can I post screenshots on this forum?
    Just got your...? Tome? No one cares. You actually got the affliction hidden artifact skin? Not possible. Please tell me how you exploited so I can copy :')

Farmed up the book tonight in HM. Major talking points are:
    Only revered (with all factions)
    Was in Demo spec(was after the head)
    No EN final boss kill
    AK5
    Dropped from an Eredar mob

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evilkyak View Post
    Farmed up the book tonight in HM. Major talking points are:
    Only revered (with all factions)
    Was in Demo spec(was after the head)
    No EN final boss kill
    AK5
    Dropped from an Eredar mob
    where are these mobs?

Dayum son.. another skull of the executed XD

WQ= Danger: Kathaw the savage
    Mob= Kathaw the savage (Obviously :d)
    Location= Val'Sharah
    Coords= 45,84

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    where are these mobs?
    Depending on time, either Shadowsworn Defilers or Eredar Shadowguard.
    For me, it dropped from the Eredar Supplicants in Aszuna, which has a distinctive lower amount of HP, considering the two of those. 800k vs. 1.8m/5m.

The location is right SW of the Felbane Camp in Highmountain; Highmountain Burial Ground.

Seems like the limiting factor is indeed AK 5. Farmed for the Demo heads for ~5 hours (~612 Eredars) the day before in Highmountain, went to Azsuna the next day and after roughly 100 kills, I got it. The grimoire, still have to see a single head.

Deleted
    2 New Danger missions today that gives skulls im currently 6/13 now.

1 in Val'sharah Malisandra
    1 in Suramar Auditor Esiel
    Last edited by mmocec4a551860; 2016-10-02 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    AK5, specced Affliction, got the Tome from an Eredar Soul Mage doing the 'Interlopers' World Quest in Azsuna, took about 3 days since AK5 from not killing anything extra. Got a couple of Skulls from the Elite Wardens World Quest mobs in Val'Sharah, one was Malisandre as already noted above the other was right by it, can't remember the name.