Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Oh really? Remind me who's skull Illidan consumed to learn how to transform into a demon, and then remind me what class that individual was.

DHs literally learned metamorphosis from warlocks. You don't know anywhere near as much as you're claiming if you missed that fact.
    That actually was answered above. He didn't "learn" it from the skull, he absored the fel eneregy in the skull, which is what did it. NOT that Gul'dan was a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lore wise we have meta, but gameplay wise we dont : /
    I second this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanus View Post
    I second this.
    wish we had a cosmetic glyph returned that gave us wings and horns, and glowy hands like we did if we had max demonic fury, would be awesome to have that visual returned... i miss my green horns and wings (yes i knwo i could wear horns but it would remove my current helm...)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Ehhhhhhh alright ill concede a bit here, but you cant tell me that if you take a succubi or a felguard that they would be cleansable and become something else

another thought:

Eredar is a race. Vellen, Archi, and KJ are all Eredar.

Vellen did not consume corruption, Archi and KJ did.

They are all still Eredar, but Archi and KJ are now fel-infused.

Vellen refers to Archi and KJ as Man'ari, but that is basically a slur that means twisted. All three of them are still Eredar.

None of them are demons.

I would not classify Archi or KJ as "a demon", nor Sargeras. Sarg is a Titan.

They ARE demonic, they ARE NOT demons.

If I am provably wrong please let me know, I ALWAYS love correcting my own understandings. criticism is welcome <3!
    Succubi and Felguards are also specific races just like all demons are which are Sayaad and Mo'arg.

KJ and Archimonde are demons of the Eredar race.

Sargeras is not considered a demon according to the whole twisting nether/demons/titans/old gods tweet chain.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaccloud View Post
    Anyways discuss!
    Its simple. They destroyed our class fantasy (or at the very least, one spec's) to give it to the Demon Hunter.

And they screwed us over playstyle and numbers wise as well for good measure. They just don't want people to play Warlocks.

They couldn't think of enough stuff for Demon Hunters so they stole a bunch of Warlock staples (And piss off with this "Warlocks never had it" We had it built into our lore since BC, using Metamorphosis in a caster way, whereas DHs used it in a melee sense), and took stuff away from Destro for Fire Mage for good measure.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-09-30 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always felt that Demonology was more of a Summoner than a "Become a demon them self" sorta spec.

Lorewise off the top of my head I can't think of a single warlock that used Meta before it was added as a Warlock ability.

I mean we had some trash mobs in Shadow Labs turn into fel beasts, that's the only thing that comes to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Oh really? Remind me who's skull Illidan consumed to learn how to transform into a demon, and then remind me what class that individual was.

DHs literally learned metamorphosis from warlocks. You don't know anywhere near as much as you're claiming if you missed that fact.
    lol... I bother to put down 3 paragraphs explaining everything. An idiot comes, quotes only a sentence out of it saying lol you are wrong lol, then makes a completely false statement without showing any evidence or proof or anything. Tells me I don't know shit and leaves... Its hopeless.

P.s when warlocks got the meta spell in game this was the wiki entry "Metamorphosis is adapted from the iconic demon hunter ability of the same name, and is visually based on Illidan Stormrage's demon form." so you can go live in your fantasy world where DHs got meta from warlocks as much as you want but that doesn't change facts

Sorry for going off the path of duscusiion here, but Demonology should be able to summon a more variety of demon. I feel that all pets should do the same damage fro Demonology, just each one will have a different gimmick that will be situational. I would love to use my succubus/shivarra and void walker more. They need to give us Pitlords and more flying demons. Demonology has so much potential, but they revolved it around imps. Its cool seeing them explode out of meteor, but the fantasy is not there yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it is stupid that you use Warcraft 3 as source that warlocks never should have meta.

Blizzard have now spent 8 years implamenting meta into our lore.
    Not only that, but the lore behind Kanrethad Ebonlocke is cannon wich the lore says: Kanrethad was present, ostensibly as a member of the Alliance, when Illidan Stormrage was killed during the siege of the Black Temple. Following the battle he shared the secrets of [Metamorphosis] with the council, who then spread it to other warlocks.

Warlocks have meta, and that lore is cannon.

Honestly Demonology was always about synergy between the warlock and his demons. Summoning never really came into other than popping out imps through doom/ demonic calling/ imp swarm.

Even then there was synergy to the spec, You summoned imps which fed you fury which led to higher meta uptime. Saying demonology was *only* bout summoning demons is like saying mathematics is only about division, it's the study of demonic magic (summoning, binding, empowerment (of ourselves and demons)), which we were supposed to be masters of.

That said, this is where blizzard has gone and we'll just have to suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaccloud View Post
    I think it is stupid that you use Warcraft 3 as source that warlocks never should have meta.

Blizzard have now spent 8 years implamenting meta into our lore.
    Not only that, but the lore behind Kanrethad Ebonlocke is cannon wich the lore says: Kanrethad was present, ostensibly as a member of the Alliance, when Illidan Stormrage was killed during the siege of the Black Temple. Following the battle he shared the secrets of [Metamorphosis] with the council, who then spread it to other warlocks.

Warlocks have meta, and that lore is cannon.
    After the events of the Green Fire questline, using Metamorphosis could have been condemned by the Black Harvest for fear of going mad with power like Kanrethad did. I know Jubeka would definitely be against allowing any more of that now, at the least. There could be a decent lore-wise explanation as to why warlocks don't do that anymore.

You ask me, flavor-wise, Demonology should have its temp demons reskinned.

First, change the Felguard to a Fel Lord like the ones on the loading screen.
    Next, change "Call Dreadstalkers" to "Call Felguard ". Same damage and functionality, but now you summon a pair of felguard.
    Finally, rather than summoning crappy wild imps, you summon dreadstalkers. Again, functionally the same, except they are dreadstalkers rather than imps because what kind of master demonologist are we that we rely on IMPS of all things?

This might go a ways towards just giving demo a little bit more feeling of oomph.

As for Metamorphosis, it should replace Harvest Souls as a straight damage/haste boost. Harvest Souls is insanely boring and not an interesting talent appearance-wise. Have a glyph that lets you just get the meta wings + horns/dark runes you used to get when at high demonic fury.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    lol... I bother to put down 3 paragraphs explaining everything. An idiot comes, quotes only a sentence out of it saying lol you are wrong lol, then makes a completely false statement without showing any evidence or proof or anything. Tells me I don't know shit and leaves... Its hopeless.

P.s when warlocks got the meta spell in game this was the wiki entry "Metamorphosis is adapted from the iconic demon hunter ability of the same name, and is visually based on Illidan Stormrage's demon form." so you can go live in your fantasy world where DHs got meta from warlocks as much as you want but that doesn't change facts
    So your "proof" is a random wiki? I'm not seeing how that's better evidence than Illidan literally learning how to turn into a demon from a warlock's skull.

So your "proof" is a random wiki? I'm not seeing how that's better evidence than Illidan literally learning how to turn into a demon from a warlock's skull.
    lol did you even read my post or are you just trolling? It actually explains the confusion with skull of gul'dan and how ilidan didn't learn shit from gul'dan. and freaking gul'dan knew how to meta and never used it..come on, just lol level fan fiction at this point. there is no official post or lore stating anything like ilidan learning meta from gul'dan. Dunno how it is in your extended warlock fan fiction world. Feel free to actually read my post and then you can quote it, k?

I'm more upset that they gave the destruction animations to fire mages.
    From burning at max embers, to nothing at all.. pretty sad.