Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CasCrow View Post
    You get the rep from Naralex (the 3rd boss) for some reason.
    Maybe that tauren grandma is happy you avenged the fact Naraxas' children were runining her pumpkins.

ps: Exalted, AK5, Xavius (H), still no drop
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judex View Post
    Maybe that tauren grandma is happy you avenged the fact Naraxas' children were runining her pumpkins.

ps: Exalted, AK5, Xavius (H), still no drop
    In my honest opinion I think it's got something to do with the things Thal'kiel says. Like the little bit about Velen. Like say "have X amount of special interactions".
    Or maybe we're all just fooling ourselves and the entire thing is actually gated by nothing and just an RNG Hell.
    I bet Blizz employees are getting their rocks off by players shooting in the dark.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."

Quote Originally Posted by CasCrow View Post
    In my honest opinion I think it's got something to do with the things Thal'kiel says. Like the little bit about Velen. Like say "have X amount of special interactions".
    Or maybe we're all just fooling ourselves and the entire thing is actually gated by nothing and just an RNG Hell.
    I bet Blizz employees are getting their rocks off by players shooting in the dark.
    The AK book in our class hall specifically mention that TK went to discuss his plans with the leaders Velen and KJ which proved to be a mistake. Going to Velen in Exodar causes TK to start some RP.. and I think KJ in sunwell did this too..(IIRC from earliest things people tested before we datamined the Eredar heads) but I screwed up and was not in demo when I went charging in this week so cant confirm if KJ triggered the RP or not. Curious if any of those who got it went around to those NPC's initially, and now fast forward a few weeks we're all focused on reps and have dismissed those earlier things that were tried that potentially triggered them to get the drop once they hit AK4.

I honestly don't see blizz locking it behind Xavius, since LFR Xavius wont be out for some time. I highly doubt Blizz would put themselves in the position of having to deal with those upset that its gated behind content they don't do or wont have access to until week after others.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I honestly don't see blizz locking it behind Xavius, since LFR Xavius wont be out for some time. I highly doubt Blizz would put themselves in the position of having to deal with those upset that its gated behind content they don't do or wont have access to until week after others.
    I don't think gating it behind Xavius is such a huge deal IF it is really one of the criterias.
    You can get it without it (as proven) and it is possible in LFR just like what, 10 weeks past release?
    Dont think that's a huge timeline tbh.

The AK book in our class hall specifically mention that TK went to discuss his plans with the leaders Velen and KJ which proved to be a mistake. Going to Velen in Exodar causes TK to start some RP.. and I think KJ in sunwell did this too..(IIRC from earliest things people tested before we datamined the Eredar heads) but I screwed up and was not in demo when I went charging in this week so cant confirm if KJ triggered the RP or not. Curious if any of those who got it went around to those NPC's initially, and now fast forward a few weeks we're all focused on reps and have dismissed those earlier things that were tried that potentially triggered them to get the drop once they hit AK4.

I've been following this thread for the past week or so and I finally have to make a MMOC account since I actually have something possibly relevant to add.

I know were still not sure if EN Xavius is a requirement or not and we aren't sure if thal'kiels random interactions with stuff are actually triggering anything but has anyone else had TK start talking as you run up to xavius room in mythic Dark Heart Thicket? I just noticed it last night on my weekly clear and while there was too much going on in my house at the time and I only caught the tail end of what he was saying it was definitely TK talking and there was no text for it like when he and your Fel Guard talk randomly.

Just some food for thought

When you get in proximity to his NPC in Exodar, TK will start some RP regarding how he is part responsible for him being in his current form and must pay, but there are others far more responsible who must pay first.
    Even as horde? So should i just mount up and barrell through the Exodar to check that particular posibility off the list? Pretty sure somewhere in the bowels of WoWhead there was some quest datamined to be related to the skin that just said "Draenai Spoken to".... I just don't see why this would be gated behind so much BS and the Affliciton one is Hit Ak 5, kill a couple mobs, boom, skin... Destro isn't gated by anything either. Aparently the super involved pala one is AK 6, Mage / DH is AK 5.... I think HolyP and Boomkin are gated behind REVERED, but 2-3 exalted's seems... excesive.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    Affliciton one is Hit Ak 5, kill a couple mobs, boom, skin...
    You forgot last part where it requires 13 skulls with random drop from Wardens DANGER quests. Currently I have 4 skulls and it will take another 9 days if I'm very lucky.

@Soulzar

How does a Horde player speak to Velen in the Exodar?

Also, Blizzard has stated that raid quests are meant to be Normal or higher difficulty only, not for LFR. Perhaps they can extend this to hidden artifact skin as well?

Throwing out some thoughts. I think the answer is going to be simpler than we've been thinking and since we have little hard data there is a lot of noise to sort through first.

- - - Updated - - -

Another point to make: the people who have obtained the skin were doing a LOT of stuff, turning many knobs, in order to unlock it. It's possible they all did something in the past which, combined with AK 5 and/or Xavius kill, is what led to the drop only this week.

OK. So, I've been trying to wrap my head around this because Exalted with the current factions has no link whatsoever to Demonology like it does with say Boomkin, who needs Exalted with the Dreamweavers.

As many of us know, if you approach Velen, Thal'kiel has some things to say about his betrayal. To determine if maybe he will say something different or perhaps there is additional dialogue or something now that I'm above AK4, I went back. To my surprise Thal'kiel did NOT repeat his statements about Velen. There were no additional things I could do with dialogue or anything, but from a coding standpoint, this suggests to me that a "hidden box" is checked when you bring Thal'kiel to Velen the first time.

I say this simply because of the way coding logic works. If this was just an random saying, like the things he says when you cast imps, or Eye of Kilrogg, etc. then he would repeat this saying when you approached Velen after some kind of internal cool down.

I originally heard the statement from Velen well over 2 weeks ago, so any internal CD should be well and gone by now. This suggests that hearing this statement permanently flags your character as having heard that. If this is tracked, then my thought is other similar statements are also tracked, like when approaching Talixae the first time.

I have heard him say the Xavius statement more than once, but as far as I can remember it was always the first time I ran a new difficulty (I could be wrong here - but Xavius is also not a draenei). This makes me wonder if the datamined "Draenei Spoken too" is not speaking of one specific specific draenei - but multiple - as in all of the required draenei spoken too - or in other words that your character has been flagged as having heard all of Thal'kiel's statements near certain draenei with regards to his betrayal.

This would suggest to me that unlocking the ability to farm the heads is tied to a checklist of "hearing" Thal'kiel's statements with Draenei. Velen is likely included in this, and I would assume Talixae is as well.

Obviously it's just as likely that Blizzard are a bunch of lazy bastards putting in arbitrary requirements that have absolutely nothing to do with the weapon like Highmountain exalted, but there are my thoughts.

If I am correct there is likely a statement those that have unlocked the skin have heard that others simply have not.

On a side note - Any word on the "Soul of the Forgotten" skin?

Making Horde players go into the Exodar if they didn't do that scenario as Demo, really have a hard time seeing that as a requirement

edit/update

I mean ... the Unholy artifact chain is almost an exact duplicate of the Afflic one. For the actual weapon itself. I'm sure they had much grander ideas for some of these than they were able to actually implement in time.

And remember that a lot of what we're seeing for the Warlock order hall is the remnants of other stuff clipped from the Green Fire chain. There are tons of assets that make it into the game files (both the live client but also the annals of Blizz's recesses) that don't get used.

If you look at everything altogether ... I'd say the most complicated it could be is you have to hit like 2 or 3 of the 5 or so possible triggers. But I also think that's frankly more complicated than is probably likely, and really it's probably just total rng on Broken Isles Eredar.
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2016-09-30 at 12:44 AM.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    I went to Exodar to check if I could trigger something as a Horde player. Engaged combat with Velen and before he could beat the crap out of me and TK said something.

Also went to Sunwell and Hyjal but there were no interaction when fighting with Archimone or KJ.

The Quote To Xavius in DHT is just a flavor text, basically telling us that it isn't his real body hes hiding while he's growing in power and we should try it.

Wasn't one of the datamined conditions "Draenei talked to" ? http://www.wowhead.com/quest=43796/draenei-spoken-to

Still not a clue what it means though.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFiddleswitch View Post
    OK. So, I've been trying to wrap my head around this because Exalted with the current factions has no link whatsoever to Demonology like it does with say Boomkin, who needs Exalted with the Dreamweavers.

As many of us know, if you approach Velen, Thal'kiel has some things to say about his betrayal. To determine if maybe he will say something different or perhaps there is additional dialogue or something now that I'm above AK4, I went back. To my surprise Thal'kiel did NOT repeat his statements about Velen. There were no additional things I could do with dialogue or anything, but from a coding standpoint, this suggests to me that a "hidden box" is checked when you bring Thal'kiel to Velen the first time.

I say this simply because of the way coding logic works. If this was just an random saying, like the things he says when you cast imps, or Eye of Kilrogg, etc. then he would repeat this saying when you approached Velen after some kind of internal cool down.

I originally heard the statement from Velen well over 2 weeks ago, so any internal CD should be well and gone by now. This suggests that hearing this statement permanently flags your character as having heard that. If this is tracked, then my thought is other similar statements are also tracked, like when approaching Talixae the first time.

I have heard him say the Xavius statement more than once, but as far as I can remember it was always the first time I ran a new difficulty (I could be wrong here - but Xavius is also not a draenei). This makes me wonder if the datamined "Draenei Spoken too" is not speaking of one specific specific draenei - but multiple - as in all of the required draenei spoken too - or in other words that your character has been flagged as having heard all of Thal'kiel's statements near certain draenei with regards to his betrayal.

This would suggest to me that unlocking the ability to farm the heads is tied to a checklist of "hearing" Thal'kiel's statements with Draenei. Velen is likely included in this, and I would assume Talixae is as well.

Obviously it's just as likely that Blizzard are a bunch of lazy bastards putting in arbitrary requirements that have absolutely nothing to do with the weapon like Highmountain exalted, but there are my thoughts.

If I am correct there is likely a statement those that have unlocked the skin have heard that others simply have not.

On a side note - Any word on the "Soul of the Forgotten" skin?
    It's not imposible, personaly i only play demo in raids where i can have other poeple do AoE and i can just turret :P In dungeons i'm 95% of the time Destro unless i get a "maybe i can make demo work THIS run (then fail the timer)" so i definetly don't have any of the Interactions with dungeon bosses triggered on Thal'kiel.

Deleted
    Reaching Velen as Horde player actually isn't that hard at all. Take the side entrance and you're as good as there.
    As for Thal'kiel, this is what he has to say:
    Thal'kiel whispers: This one bears partial blame for me being in this form! He will not escape my wrath, but there are others far more responsible who must be dealt with first!

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Wasn't one of the datamined conditions "Draenei talked to" ? http://www.wowhead.com/quest=43796/draenei-spoken-to

Still not a clue what it means though.
    This is flagged as false for everyone who has the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by jtth View Post
    This is flagged as false for everyone who has the skin.
    Ah ok, must have missed that.

Deleted
    Neither the draenei quest or velen has anything to do with it...does anyone like read the posts in the thread before posting. All the people tha got the skin, found it fairly fast after meeting cenrtain criteria:

1) Exalted with highmountain
    2) Xavious kill
    3) Exalted with another faction too (maybe non nightfallen)
    4) AK 4+
    And so far the first head has droped in highmountain from certain mobs. The rest of the head including the appearance drop were farmed in aszuna
    I dont know why you keep speculating about stuff confusing people, unless i am missing something

Is there anyone that has 2 nonnightfallen exalted reps (1 must be highmountain),xavious kill, and ak 4+ and didnt get the head after farming a few hours the certain mobs in highmountain??

Yes highmountain doesnt make much sence, but thats it. They wouldnt put the starting prerequirements in prelegion content nor would the put faction inbalances like to have to meet velen in exodar. (You do the scenario anyway and get the dialog). Also yes some of the criteria i listed might not really needed (except the exalted with highmountain it seems), but thats the safe way till now to go and farm. If you want to go farm after you meet each of the criteria without knowing if your are eligible for the drop or not, its up to you.
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-09-30 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    Neither the draenei quest or velen has anything to do with it...does anyone like read the posts in the thread before posting. All the people tha got the skin, found it fairly fast after meeting cenrtain criteria:

1) Exalted with highmountain
    2) Xavious kill
    3) Exalted with another faction too (maybe non nightfallen)
    4) AK 4+
    And so far the first head has droped in highmountain from certain mobs. The rest of the head including the appearance drop were farmed in aszuna
    I dont know why you keep speculating about stuff confusing people, unless i am missing something

Is there anyone that has 2 nonnightfallen exalted reps (1 must be highmountain),xavious kill, and ak 4+ and didnt get the head after farming a few hours the certain mobs in highmountain??

Yes highmountain doesnt make much sence, but thats it. They wouldnt put the starting prerequirements in prelegion content nor would the put faction inbalances like to have to meet velen in exodar. (You do the scenario anyway and get the dialog)
    Yes I have read all 11 pages Lord Eddard Snark of Winterfel, Warden of the North, I was just curious if this could be a hidden condition that people didn't know they triggered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really only bothered by the Xavious kill condition. Its gonna be a pain either waiting for LFR to open and hope it counts; or actually get in a non-elitist group.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."