Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    I'd say legion was rushed because most of the content is not even in the game yet.
    Is that why that had a cinematic patch preview video ready for 7.1 at launch?

No its just gated on purpose.

They dropped Wod right after HFC release so they could get even more done in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    Spoken like a Wrathbaby... everybody loved Cata except for the Wrathbabies who couldn't tolerate the difficulty and left in droves.
    I am literally a wrathbaby, I did not quit during cata, rather I loved the challenge. Hated the gearing. Cata was ok in my book. No best but not worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    At Hallow's end n Winter's Veil you could quest n decorate ur Garrison, this was veryyy neat, I'm going to turn on the decorations on saturday when it becomes October.
    Does class hall have anything? Didn't think so.
    Perhaps Farmville would be a better game to play? Or cooking Mama, Wii Bowling maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    Nope, Cata was better than WoD,

Cata was merely un-interesting.

WoD was actively Trying to be bad.

see? subjectivety goes both ways.
    YES ^ this

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Oh hey, another "let's shit on the expansion that's already over" thread. Nope, I certainly haven't seen this one before. In fact, if it wasn't for your expert, concise and oh-so-original insight, I doubt I would have ever figured out that the last expansion was universally panned!

You're a paragon of this community, keep up the great work!
    Holy shit man, did you forget your meds?

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Vanilla box has a picture of a Night Elf 'Demon Hunter'.

Are we seriously getting butthurt over marketting material? Do we really need to go over the Dance Studio again?
    Explain please.

I'm holding my retail Vanilla box. Indicate where a Demon Hunter exists - that isn't another existing class.

If you intend to dismiss this challenge via Dance Studio, you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    A lie implies an intentional falsehood, that they told us there would be aerial combat knowing they would not deliver. Plans change, things don't work despite the best intentions; to call that a lie does a disservice to the point you're trying to make.
    One of the most sensible posts I've ever seen here. +1
    Yeah I bet you wouldn't care at all if somebody sold you a PC with a brand new graphics card then when you get it there's no card so they tell you it will be shipped separately and you wait and the card never comes and their answer's just "well we intended to sell it with the card sorry". They didn't lie at all, noope.

Oh, and everybody that doesn't really care about the card tells you it doesn't matter it's just a card the next PC you buy from them will be better anyway.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...box-cover-art/

Keep in mind, I specifically said 'Demon Hunter' in quotations. Can't help but clarify that on an impending reply about how that's not really a Demon Hunter. By all means of marketing for WoW where it was riding off Warcraft 3 popularity, that night elf character resembles a playable Demon Hunter, and uses weapons that is otherwise completely inaccessible. Yet here we stand and we've all moved on from this glaring piece of 'misinformation'.

I don't know what challenge you're even talking about. To me, this isn't even worth discussing over, and I'm just expressing my pity for all the false marketting butthurt. Do we have to talk about the time that Blizzard lied to us about not having Demon Hunters too?

https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/420687146274406400

Blizzard 'lied'. Nothing changes.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-09-29 at 08:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    Lol, if all 7.1 content was launch content the legion launch would have way more content then any expansion before.
    Nighthold would definitely not do that. I mean hell they keep doing this "let's split the launch raids rather than make the ilvl the same to make it LOOK like we're giving more content" when if you look at past expansions they had multiple raid instances with the same ilvl:

BC: Kara/Mag (technically t5 was in game too)
    WotLK: OS, Malygos, Naxx
    Cata: TotFW, BWD, BoT

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords was finished enough if it was to be a 12-month expansion. Problem is that it didn't work out that way. That was a mess but it's misleading to say it was unfinished.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Nighthold would definitely not do that. I mean hell they keep doing this "let's split the launch raids rather than make the ilvl the same to make it LOOK like we're giving more content" when if you look at past expansions they had multiple raid instances with the same ilvl:

BC: Kara/Mag (technically t5 was in game too)
    WotLK: OS, Malygos, Naxx
    Cata: TotFW, BWD, BoT
    no first tier ever had 20 bosses, legion has the biggest first tier ever, and since linear progression like in TBC is inpossible, they have to timegate the raids. I do not agree with the 4 difficulty system but it does require them to timegate the raids, otherwise people would just skip EM mythic for the same gear in NH heroic.

They are not gating content to make it look like its more, everyone can count bosses (except for you apparantly), they gate it because they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...box-cover-art/

Keep in mind, I specifically said 'Demon Hunter' in quotations. Can't help but clarify that on an impending reply about how that's not really a Demon Hunter. By all means of marketing for WoW where it was riding off Warcraft 3 popularity, that night elf character resembles a playable Demon Hunter, and uses weapons that is otherwise completely inaccessible. Yet here we stand and we've all moved on from this glaring piece of 'misinformation'.

I don't know what challenge you're even talking about. To me, this isn't even worth discussing over, and I'm just expressing my pity for all the false marketting butthurt. Do we have to talk about the time that Blizzard lied to us about not having Demon Hunters too?

https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/420687146274406400

Blizzard 'lied'. Nothing changes.
    I'm pretty sure that that was one of the promotional images from Vanilla or even prior, not box art, my box doesn't have it at least

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintlel View Post
    I'm pretty sure that that was one of the promotional images from Vanilla or even prior, not box art, my box doesn't have it at least
    Maybe you down own the actual box that was released at launch. The front of the box folds open with a velcro strap thing, revealing a big picture of the Dark Portal, and you can fold that open for a bunch of screenshots, including the one with the demon hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintlel View Post
    It's both. Here's another pic of what it would've looked like on the box. I forget if it was in the inside cover or on the back, I don't have the box with me. I just remember that standing out, being a Night Elf fan myself. I was completely aware it wasn't playable, but found it amusing that it appeared in a 'screenshot' of the game. Also, just noting that it's wearing blindfolds, robe bottoms and is barechested like a (vanilla NPC) Demon Hunter. Either that or it's a badly geared pre-alpha rogue :P

http://www.mobygames.com/images/cove...0808782-00.jpg
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-09-29 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    no first tier ever had 20 bosses, legion has the biggest first tier ever, and since linear progression like in TBC is inpossible, they have to timegate the raids. I do not agree with the 4 difficulty system but it does require them to timegate the raids, otherwise people would just skip EM mythic for the same gear in NH heroic.

They are not gating content to make it look like its more, everyone can count bosses (except for you apparantly), they gate it because they have to.
    BC first tier had 15 bosses all released at once(not counting rotational bosses or world bosses)

WotLK had 18 bosses all released at once and Ulduar with another 14 bosses was released 5 months after launch the same time frame or sooner than Nighthold.

Cata launch had 14 bosses all released at once.

Legion had 8 bosses at launch(world bosses=1 sorry Charlie) and the next 13 aren't until the next patch(or really only 3 with the patch we're assured) which like I said in the same 5 months WotLK had 32 bosses.

So apparently you cannot count. They did not have to timegate it since Nighthold could have been released in tandem with EN and had the same ilvl like I said before which you seemed to gloss over in your rant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    BC first tier had 15 bosses all released at once(not counting rotational bosses or world bosses)

WotLK had 18 bosses all released at once and Ulduar with another 14 bosses was released 5 months after launch the same time frame or sooner than Nighthold.

Cata launch had 14 bosses all released at once.

Legion had 8 bosses at launch(world bosses=1 sorry Charlie) and the next 13 aren't until the next patch(or really only 3 with the patch we're assured) which like I said in the same 5 months WotLK had 32 bosses.

So apparently you cannot count. They did not have to timegate it since Nighthold could have been released in tandem with EN and had the same ilvl like I said before which you seemed to gloss over in your rant.
    Yes they did have to timegate nighthold. 20 bosses on 3 raid diffiulties would have been too much; I think 10 bosses for 5 months is just fine, more and most people cant clear it before next tier.

But overall I would prefer there only being 2 difficulties for the main raid (flex normal and mythic) and instead of lfr have a easy free loot raid like in wrath and cata with VoA and Baradin Hold (those arent actual raids).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    I'd say legion was rushed because most of the content is not even in the game yet.
    Dat troll tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bromanbro View Post
    WOD was still better than Cataclysm. Most people here are MOP babies so they don't know how shit Cataclysm was.
    what makes you think that? I know people on here that started in bc and wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Maybe you down own the actual box that was released at launch. The front of the box folds open with a velcro strap thing, revealing a big picture of the Dark Portal, and you can fold that open for a bunch of screenshots, including the one with the demon hunter.

My box has a velcro strip that opens up, but inside is a solid dark portal picture, with only the text "Enter the World of Warcraft". Purchased circa late 2004 early 2005. Not at launch though, because it was habitually sold out.