Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I never said we don't need them.
    I said we don't really care about them because our own personal prosperity is more important than clinging on to old traditions.
    And people that don't have that own personal prosperity are more likely to cling onto those traditions.
    Well that's faulty thinking, both can be maintained simultaneously quite easily and there are many who do just that. Also those old traditions are in ways both direct and indirect responsible for the environment both physical and otherwise that is the very ground your success is built on. So caring about them is analogous to caring about your own prosperity. It's the 'no man is an island' lesson in its most natural and ancient form.

Pretty sure that whole people without personal prosperity are more likely to cling to traditions is your own confirmation bias there.

Plenty of people who think like you do say they're not needed, using the same terminology as you so excuse the confusion there, I am only a fairly good mind reader.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That has to do with the quality of life and your economic prospects.
    You see this all over the world: The lower it is, the more people cling to their traditions.

Thank you for giving me a perfect example for my explanation earlier!
    Then why do Americans cling to their traditions or Canadians and Brits? Your formula doesn't work if you look outside of Western Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post
    No, it's not a social construct. It's primordial no matter how much you wish it to be a social construct. You can tell what people someone is from based on their DNA.

- - - Updated - - -

Of which about 95% went back to Finland once the fighting was over.
    Thats irrelevant since we need to take in refugees right now since Syria etc is in total disarray. anything else is inhumane and reeks of right wing fascism

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Thats irrelevant since we need to take in refugees right now since Syria etc is in total disarray. anything else is inhumane and reeks of right wing fascism
    Haha, what the fuck.

No, we do not need to take in refugees. We can put them in refugee camps too and they would be safe there. There is no need for any country to take refugees. It's a nice thing to do but not needed. What one single refugee costs in Sweden can help a lot more in the camps. We would in fact be helping a lot more people if we diverted our help to the camps rather than taking refugees into the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    It's amusing how you think they're clinging, while they think they're celebrating and revering them. It's also amusing that as people get plugged more and more into Daddy Sugar, aka the Western Capitalist way of life they forget those things and become what Western Capitalism wants them to be, a rootless consumer with a new set of traditions that are just one brand name logo after another.

You see the competition there is for dominance over where people put their emphasis: tradition or consumption. Which gets their efforts and resources? What do they pass on to their children and advocate in their community? For almost a century it's been some form of Western Capitalism uber alles, now we're seeing this pushback against it and the processes and agencies that have advanced it at the expense of people, their traditions and values.
    Yup.

You see the same thing happening in the United States and even in Canada (which has a strong middle class). Consumerism isn't a bottomless pit as it has reached its zenith in the West.

Incredible. Originally it's "The world is overpopulated", next is "The western world are ageing and needs more diversity", follow by "The immigrants will integrate, assimilate and boost economy". Now the story to sell is the natives should integrate and assimilate. Takes a special kind of naivety to not realise what is going on here.

Can't wait for jobs to drop to slave rates after the economy collapse and everyone is scrabbling for jobs "we don't want to do". Oh yes, 10 year cycle, Who knows what will really happen this time round when the welfare dries up, I personally can't wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Endus is a noted Feminist SocJus crank. I find it funny because the problem for people of that stripe is that he must betray ostensibly a Feminist issue and his solidarity to women in order to preserve his apparently more important solidarity and that is with these immigrants. I enjoy pressing where their loyalty and solidarity is.
    This is because refugees & muslims ( christian ones have a much higher chance of being sent back in sweden... I wonder why) > minority female > minority male >lgbt> females = children > animals > ..............white males

This is the victim priority list, which means that anytime one group harms the interest of another, the one higher on the list is seen as the opressed one and thus more on the right. This is why barely any feminist critizizes islam and why censorship on reddit and co. ran rampant during the cologne sexual assaults and this is why liberals and feminists accused the cologne victims of lying and being racist.

It feels like we're witnessing the downfall of western civilization in its early stages.

"New Swedes will claim their space and bring their culture, language and customs"

That's exactly what people are afraid of. Some people don't like those new cultures and customs.

That may sound painfully obvious, because it is, to the point there's no way the people writing this dribble aren't aware of it.

When people immigrate to a country, they are expected to adapt to that country. When a massive force of people come into a country and force that country to bend to their culture, that's not called immigration, that's called invasion.

Obviously I'm not generalizing everyone, just specifically referring to any immigrant who thinks they're entitled to just act like the worst kind of tourist who expects everything to be like their home country, but on a massive scale.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-09-30 at 01:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Diversity for the sake of diversity and nothing else is meaningless and unconstructive.
    No they don't.
    But then, you're Tennisace. I can never tell if you've ever been serious or if you're genuinely crazy.

I'm a Swede.
    Nothing wrong with diversity for the sake of diversity. Do you prefer food with spices or food that is plain?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Nothing wrong with diversity for the sake of diversity. Do you prefer food with spices or food that is plain?
    I don't dump a fistful of jalapeno peppers into my mac n cheese "just to spice things up a bit." It'd probably kill me. Everything in moderation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I don't dump a fistful of jalapeno peppers into my mac n cheese "just to spice things up a bit." It'd probably kill me. Everything in moderation.
    Exactly. Canada takes in about 1% of its population as immigrants each year. Sweden can follow the successful Canadian model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Just as a blue-eyed person has different DNA from a green-eyes person. Hell, studies on sub-Saharan tribes in Africa showed a genetic drift that was larger than that between your average white person and black person.

Ethnicity/race is a social construct.
    It is certainly not. Race is a real thing. There is a difference between acknowledging that races/ethnicities exist on a biological level and believing that some races are more superior than others while looking down on them, a.k.a. racism. Don't confuse the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    It is certainly not. Race is a real thing. There is a difference between acknowledging that races/ethnicities exist on a biological level and believing that some races are more superior than others while looking down on them, a.k.a. racism. Don't confuse the two.
    There may be genetic differences between people from different areas, but race isn't really a well-defined concept. There's no real way to objectively and accurately classify people into races without relying on sociopolitical context or extremely arbitrary notions like the "one drop rule" or other stuff people made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    At a biological level, "race" doesn't fundamentally exist. The only thing that does exist is extended families. If you extend that family far enough, you merge into the next "race". If you narrow it down enough, you get regular families. There's nothing more to it than that.

While some things, like sickle cell anemia, tend to run in certain ethnic groups, the same is true of genetic issues that run in families. Because it's the same thing.

The idea that these are distinct and separate things, with lines drawn to distinguish between them? That is socially invented, and has no biological basis whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    That is wildly naive. The prevailing demographic will be, culturally, the product of their own upbringing and social norms, who they interact with. In heavily self-segregating immigrant populations, that is not going to be an "assimilated" profile. And given the demographic trends, if anyone's going to be assimilating longterm, it's going to be ethnic/native Swedes.

Your new neighbors have no interest at all in you being the 'multi' to their 'culti'.
    You do realise that in Sweden they children will be growing up with other children in public schools. They will be influenced just as much by the school and their friends as they are by their parents.

Deleted
    Gotta love MMO-Champ, so many naive people.

Fact of the matter, in 10 years Sweden will be diverse. It will still have problems, but we will still be doing alright, better than most other countries in the world, like it is today.

The hate for Sweden on these forums is simply because people see Sweden filled with refugees and can't deal with the fact that a country with a large Muslim community hasn't collapsed yet.

But of course, the overdramatic and apocalyptic narrative is more appealing to people who's life mostly consists of PC gaming and jacking off to hentai.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I can't exactly look out of my window to see Sweden but you're right next to us and we have a pretty clear image of what's going on there at the moment.

And it doesn't look good.
    Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. And mine is that we are gonna be just fine. Yes there may be changes and some might dont like them changes. But really when have our societies not changed? And i heard these sentiments 20 years ago and we are still here doing just fine and in 20 years we will not be taken over by muslims or any other ethnic/religious group.

Multiculturalism will bring violence with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Gotta love MMO-Champ, so many naive people.

Fact of the matter, in 10 years Sweden will be diverse. It will still have problems, but we will still be doing alright, better than most other countries in the world, like it is today.

The hate for Sweden on these forums is simply because people see Sweden filled with refugees and can't deal with the fact that a country with a large Muslim community hasn't collapsed yet.

But of course, the overdramatic and apocalyptic narrative is more appealing to people who's life mostly consists of PC gaming and jacking off to hentai.
    France has a high muslim population and look at the terrorists attacks that have happened over the years. You are naïve to say Sweden won't have the same things happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post

- - - Updated - - -

France has a high muslim population and look at the terrorists attacks that have happened over the years. You are naïve to say Sweden won't have the same things happen.
    Oh I believe it will happen to Sweden. But my life doesn't revolve around fear of terrorists. I have a bigger chance of getting killed by a cow than by a terrorist.

That's what I mean, you people are overdramatic. You're worried about something that has an extremely low chance of happening. Your lifes truly must suck if you're seriously that worried about it happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post

- - - Updated - - -

France has had a large muslim population for decades.
    The recent attacks are due to the actions taken in the middle east in the last 15 years. They're not due to multiculturalism.