Page 87 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    What? I already told you what the reasoning behind it was. LFR weapons have had different visuals to normal/heroic/etc weapons since it first became a thing. Because relics don't change appearances like a new weapon would, this is one of the substitutes.

That is an answer, but not a particularly applicable one.

Yes, there were exclusive skins in the old days, but even then there was generally about one skin per mode (possibly up to 3 or 4 skins) where this takes a single skin and decides to exclude a single mode from the entire reward. It is similar, but simply not the same situation.

If Blizzard were to create a separate skin for LFR for completing the quest in LFR, then it might be close enough to be called the same... but it is not.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-09-29 at 11:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    . Do you get honor for doing pve content?

ehhmm... yes? You know tower quests and FFA quests?
    And in all FFA quests you just hit mobs if you want to...

By the way don't tell me those are wPvP quests blabla... you can easily skip it to the part they become kill 10 mobs... In the naga FFA you can kill nagas and gather coins that you convert to honor for as long the quest is up.
    Hell before the nerf people had already gone prestige 2 easily doing only them... Especially in the naga one you could grind nagas all day and gather honor via coins...

BS man... BS...
    They could easily make a texture that comes mythic only or normal only or HC only...
    And not only this...
    I run normal and HC... still essence of power 1/30....
    The RNG is just too heavy to say it's all good...
    And now we're saying it shouldn't be obtainable in LFR?
    Yeah...toss the RNG drop rate in the trash can where it belongs and then we talk "effort" etc.
    At least if it was RNG obtainable you would jump in, invest some hours get some AP as well and get a drop or 2.
    And what about the alts? Should i run all day Normal Raid and HC because i want my alt to have a bonus....skin?
    Laughable...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    If the quest was worded wrong (or incomplete), then they simply should have stuck with it as they presented it. It is a basic practice of customer service that you take the fall for your own blunders unless the cost of doing so puts a serious hurt on your business (which this would obviously not).

The bad feelings here are going to do far more damage to the game than letting some LFR people have a skin that was possibly unintended.
    if a quest said "go kill xurvias" should they go "oh shit, ok guys time to change all the lore ever to make sure the boss is now named xurvias"

the quest did not say any difficulty

your the kinda person that goes "well the screwdriver dident have a warning NOT to shove it into my cockhole, so their to blame when i hurt myself"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That skin is a reward for raiding and LFR is not raiding, stop complaining.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    That is an answer, but not a particularly applicable one.

Yes, there were exclusive skins in the old days, but even then there was generally about one skin per mode (possibly up to 3 or 4 skins) where this takes a single skin and decides to exclude a single mode from the entire reward. It is similar, but simply not the same situation.

If Blizzard were to create a separate skin for LFR for completing the quest in LFR, then it might be close enough to be called the same... but it is not.
    Of course it's not exactly the same. I called it a substitute, not identical. The stone cold fact remains that LFR has never had access to the full suite of cosmetic rewards, and some special things like mounts have always been exempted.

Gotta come back to the heart of the issue, here. What's the problem with this? LFR is distinct from all other raiding modes for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being that it's designed to be won 100% of the time with a stacking buff after wipes. How is it surprising or illogical that a cosmetic reward for raiding would be exempted from that mode? It's not inconsistent with past approaches to cosmetics from raids, and it's certainly not inconsistent with the broader philosophy regarding prestige.

It's impossible to describe this issue as anything other than a mountain made out of a molehill.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2016-09-30 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Okay - this time, but slowly, instead of using the acronym, use the entire name of the feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    You want rewards from non-queueable content?

Gee whiz, not sure how that would work.
    So you think it makes sense that the requirements for Mythic dungeon reward skins are "Complete a level 15 Mythic+ dungeon .. and do a normal mode PUG raid" and "Complete all Mythic dungeon achievements for Glory of the Legion Hero .. and do a normal mode PUG raid"?

I dunno, seems a bit weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    10/10 great post

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    use the entire name of the feature.
    Looking for retards - mhh no can't see it.
    well no surprise who the author of this piece of crap is but I wouldn't mind if the quest could be completed in lfr. Could just add another cosmetic simply as a drop if they want to reward doing something outside the safe space of auto queue afk terribad land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Of course it's not exactly the same. I called it a substitute, not identical. The stone cold fact remains that LFR has never had access to the full suite of cosmetic rewards, and some special things like mounts have always been exempted.

Gotta come back to the heart of the issue, here. What's the problem with this? LFR is distinct from all other raiding modes for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being that it's designed to be won 100% of the time with a stacking buff after wipes. How is it surprising or illogical that a cosmetic reward for raiding would be exempted from that mode? It's not inconsistent with past approaches to cosmetics from raids, and it's certainly not inconsistent with the broader philosophy regarding prestige.

It's impossible to describe this issue as anything other than a mountain made out of a molehill.
    With the exception of maybe WoD (didn't really do those LFRs) weapons have been simple recolours of each other, so wouldn't it have been more in line with the past if they had at least one that was doable in LFR?

I feel like raiders should be more upset they didn't get an exclusive skin in general, pvp got one that will take quite awhile to finish so why didn't raiders get one that has it's tints become unlockable after certain raids come out?
    Last edited by xChurch; 2016-09-30 at 02:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    With the exception of maybe WoD (didn't really do those LFRs) weapons have been simple recolours of each other, so wouldn't it have been more in line with the past if they had at least one that was doable in LFR?

I feel like raiders should be more upset they didn't get an exclusive skin in general, pvp got one that will take quite awhile to finish so why didn't raiders get one that has it's tints become unlockable after certain raids come out?
    Raiders don't care.

And for some reason, OP likes to set up this narrative of Raiders vs. Casuals when what he really wants is the same rewards for less effort. I've seen half assed suggestions of Mythic level gear from solo content, so take these threads with a grain of salt.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Raiders don't care.

And for some reason, OP likes to set up this narrative of Raiders vs. Casuals when what he really wants is the same rewards for less effort. I've seen half assed suggestions of Mythic level gear from solo content, so take these threads with a grain of salt.
    Unfortunately, it's that kind of talk that turns raiders off from anything non-raiders say when it comes to rewards. I would rather more specific stuff that's clearly designated for raiders as long has their still a decent method of progress for non-raiders. The issue with this skin is it really comes off as a cheap way to push players into raiding, and since this isn't the first time they've tried this kind of thing, you can understand why some people might be a bit annoyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, it's that kind of talk that turns raiders off from anything non-raiders say when it comes to rewards. I would rather more specific stuff that's clearly designated for raiders as long has their still a decent method of progress for non-raiders. The issue with this skin is it really comes off as a cheap way to push players into raiding, and since this isn't the first time they've tried this kind of thing, you can understand why some people might be a bit annoyed.
    I certainly get it, but people pushing the narrative of LFR vs. Raider are basically clouding the issue (which as you said, is lack of PVE cosmetic rewards). And now people see any request by LFR players and it's tainted by the fact that these same people have tried to argue that Mythic gear/mounts/etc. are "unfair".

When they spend large amounts of time implying or outright stating that raiders "have no lives", it's easy to see why the hostility arises.

A good solution would have been provide an LFR skin, but the immediate reaction was to be hostile to raiders.

Edit: eh, I'm pretty much just agreeing with you while saying the same things you did in different wording. Slow work day, and I'm sitting around waiting for the computer to finish processing data.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-09-30 at 03:03 AM.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should definitely give me the pvp skin after my first battleground I was mostly afk in. its not fair I need to complete an average standard of content to be rewarded. :/

No, I can't understand why people would be annoyed since this isn't the first time they've gated things behind raiding outside of LFR. That fact alone means it should not be a surprise to anyone, and the fact that they've stuck by the policy as long as they have reinforces the fact that people shouldn't losing their minds over it everytime it happens. It's a single cosmetic appearance for a single item that has numerous cosmetic appearances. Where is the outrage from these same players over the appearance gated behind a Mythic+15 clear? Or the outrage from these same players over the appearance gated behind PvP? Sure there are some people not happy about it, but the sky is falling brigade decided to latch on to this single appearance and make a huge deal out of it.

The idea that every single player must be given easy access to every single in game reward, especially rewards that have no tangible in game benefit, is something that really shouldn't be tolerated any more. It's like the people demanding safe spaces, they are never rational in their demands and will never entertain any notion but their own. EN is an insanely easy raid, that's an objective fact, and the ability to get the gear required to step into Normal pugs has never been easier.

Deleted
    Some skins should not be easily awarded in content you can basically AFK to win.

They are not blocking anything but a skin.

normal is beyond easy and puggable, just go into the lfg tool and you should be golden. it really is a lot easier than older expansion. you DO NOT need to be guilded to do normal.
    Thunder. Thunder. Thunder cats gooooooooooo!

The way the models/tints are divided up (especially when considering that the delivery mechanism is a quest) it makes sense to cut LFR out. IIRC, that model's tints are from raiding, world bosses, mythic+ and mythic dungeon achievements, respectively. That second one is important - the world boss tint can be obtained by anyone without any organised group play. It's on the same level that an LFR tint would be.

You're not meant to get everything in the game without going out of your comfort zone or there would be no incentive to do so.

Should you be able to buy tier 3 from a capital, because you don't have time to farm for it?