Thread: No Man's Sky

people get on the badwagon, then there develops a counter-culture. But this game is one of the most negatively reviewed games, not just comments on Steam, but everywhere else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    people get on the badwagon, then there develops a counter-culture. But this game is one of the most negatively reviewed games, not just comments on Steam, but everywhere else.
    Not really. There are some awful games on steam. NMS is only on page 377 of 409. It might have a high volume of negative reviews compared to some of the others. But it is still a 3 star game according to the steam store page. The problem is though we won't be able to tell its true ratings because so many of the comments exist just for the sake of hate.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The No Man's sky Launch and pre-launch promotional trailers don't actually show anything that is considered one of the many lies about the game. Where Hello games could get into trouble is the wording on the store page
    Not even close to being true. The first two trailers that play is NOT the game you get at all.

All the things that are different in those trailers vs the final product are.

1) Graphics
    2) Combat
    3) UI
    4) Creatures

and the list go's on. Those trailers are NOT what you get in the final product. The graphic detail of the planets they showed can not be achieved in the game even on high end PC's.

All those things is proof of there lying and false advertisement and why they are being investigated.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    If people want some “real information” about the game, they should probably avoid public boards and Sean Murray and attempt some nice game reviewers
    Should be able to come to a thread like this to talk about the game.

The obsession some of you have that has led to you ragging on the game so much and arguing with each other for something like a month now, however, prevents any meaningful discussion.

Hell, you can get better discussion related to actually playing the game from Reddit. It's laughable and sad at the same time how much of a cesspool this thread has become.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not even close to being true. The first two trailers that play is NOT the game you get at all.

1) Graphics
    2) Combat
    3) UI
    4) Creatures

and the list go's on. Those trailers are NOT what you get in the final product. The graphic detail of the planets they showed can not be achieved in the game even on high end PC's.

All those things is proof of there lying and false advertisement and why they are being investigated.
    1. Graphics is the same. I have seen planets with the same graphic detail on my PC. They are rare though, rare by the power of procedural generation. Not a reason to complain.
    2. Combat is the same. Like literally. What's different?
    3. UI - changes during production a lot and I don't know why would you even put it in this list at all.
    4. Creatures are procedural. So if you didn't see in the game the creatures shown in the trailer - tough luck, not a reason to complain.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    This actually summed it up quite well for me:
    How can criticism of a game spoil your own enjoyment of it? As for the "sociopathic haters", please...

The price has dropped to £20 brand new on PS4 now. I wish I'd waited but there we are. I think I got maybe 30 hours out of it, which is much less than I'd have liked from a game with 18 quintillion planets.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2016-09-30 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    1. Graphics is the same. I have seen planets with the same graphic detail on my PC. They are rare though, rare by the power of procedural generation. Not a reason to complain.
    Screenshots? Or do you expect us to take your word for it?

Agree here, the combat looks like the same bland garb they showed. Possibly with far less AI combat units in single fights however.

4. Creatures are procedural. So if you didn't see in the game the creatures shown in the trailer - tough luck, not a reason to complain.
    Screenshots? When you watched people streaming this game you saw the same basic animals everywhere with minor differences. How about you show all these cool different creatures you have found?

Deleted
    Not really. There are some awful games on steam. NMS is only on page 377 of 409. It might have a high volume of negative reviews compared to some of the others. But it is still a 3 star game according to the steam store page. The problem is though we won't be able to tell its true ratings because so many of the comments exist just for the sake of hate.
    You really are in denial when it comes to No man's lie

3. UI - changes during production a lot and I don't know why would you even put it in this list at all.
    Just going to sum it up as you are wrong and its been explained many times how you are wrong. Give it up because it has been proven they false advertised already. Want to know how you are wrong there is this thing call google and the 135 pages in this thread.

Feel free to use both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You really are in denial when it comes to One man's lie
    Fixed that for ya
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for Sean to tweet something. Is all so quiet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You really are in denial when it comes to No man's lie
    It isn't denial to say that No Man's Sky is not the worst game on steam. It still has a 3 star rating and there are 32 pages of worse rated games on steam. Much of the ratings and reviews for No Man's Sky are there because it became cool to hate on the game. But deny reality.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Honestly, I think he's very purposefully staying off Twitter. And it's probably for the best all around. He'd probably got an endless deluge of threats and shitposting waiting for him when he comes back and anything he says is going to be parsed so heavily that it will look bad anyways. The other folks at HG probably told him to keep his ass off Twitter until he can learn to keep his fucking mouth shut (figuratively) rather than say stupid shit.

15+ Year Old Account

1) Graphics
    2) Combat
    3) UI
    4) Creatures
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgmD-A-9LDo is a user created video. Captured in game. The graphics potential is fine. As for the rest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_pU6RNxCo is what I am talking about for Launch trailers and "pre-launch" trailers. When comparing Colonial Marines lawsuit and potential No Man's Sky lawsuit the two don't mesh because those official launch marketing videos show experiences reflective of the final product.

In Development views is not ground for a false advertising claim. Stop trying to group everything ever released or said about the game into one neat package. That isn't how things work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The No Man's Sky twitter page seems to be Sean's personal page rather then a planned page for the game. The official Hello games page has been used as the means to give out information regarding the game.

The No Man's Sky twitter page seems to be Sean's personal page rather then a planned page for the game. The official Hello games page has been used as the means to give out information regarding the game.
    Showing screen shots and trailers on your store page and that NOT being how the final product is of the game your selling falls under False Advertising.

Once again the first two videos that play on the steam store page and screen shots are NOT what you get. That is why they are being investigated.

There is no part of that game that looks anything like those videos and screen shots. This is a fact and once more they are being INVESTIGATED for it. Good chance they will be forced to remove and redo there store page.

Not once have I said this is equal to ACM but its dam near close.

At 1min 48sec of ur second video please do show me where all that is in the game. Because its been out a awhile and not one person on this planet has had that happen.

Your second link proves my point and why they are being investigated so ty for killing your own argument. Everything in the first 2/3 of that video is bullshit.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-30 at 06:36 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to sum it up as you are wrong and its been explained many times how you are wrong.
    I am right. Because I am stating facts and you are just on a hate band wagon with the rest of the cool kids.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly, I think he's very purposefully staying off Twitter. And it's probably for the best all around. He'd probably got an endless deluge of threats and shitposting waiting for him when he comes back and anything he says is going to be parsed so heavily that it will look bad anyways. The other folks at HG probably told him to keep his ass off Twitter until he can learn to keep his fucking mouth shut (figuratively) rather than say stupid shit.
    Oh absolutely, I only meant from a team popcorn point of view, if I was Sean I would uninstall twitter from any device.

I am right. Because I am stating facts and you are just on a hate band wagon with the rest of the cool kids.
    So your saying the Advertising Standards Authority's investigation is just a bunch of "Cool Kids" hating?

15+ Year Old Account
    At 1min 48sec of ur second video please do show me where all that is in the game. Because its been out a awhile and not one person on this planet has had that happen.Your second link proves my point and why they are being investigated so ty for killing your own argument. Everything in the first 2/3 of that video is bullshit.
    I never said you stated it was close to Colonial Marines but the context of my response you quoted was in regards to Colonial Marines. However https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH8EPD8xwGA is close to the trailer just with out a background fleet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysKizEUaXT8 is another. It isn't exactly the same as the trailer but it is similar. Not everything in the first 2/3rds of the video is bullshit. Thank you for showing the exact bias that exists with many who don't like No Man's Sky. Instead of looking at it objectively you are clouded by the hate to call the first 2/3rds of something bullshit. There is enough missing from No Man's Sky that you don't need to create bullshit and claim its missing.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2016-10-01 at 04:23 AM.

Game was a scam, real investigation is underway, why are people still talking about that shit? If there one thing good that will come out of this game, is that it will set a precedent where you cannot sell video game that does not reflect what you hype and advertise world wide. No man sky is not the first to do this, its just the most hyped and most obvious one yet.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-10-01 at 03:42 AM.