Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Im not sure why people here are saying take epidemic. almost all the bosses are either single target or cleave. First boss: ST, Ursoc: ST, Eye boss: onlly dmg that matters is inside which is ST, Spider: Adds dont last long enough for epidemic to matter, Dragons: ST, Cenarious: Cleave/ST, Xavious: adds are so far apart that using that many runes on dotting is a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisongaz View Post
    Im not sure why people here are saying take epidemic. almost all the bosses are either single target or cleave. First boss: ST, Ursoc: ST, Eye boss: onlly dmg that matters is inside which is ST, Spider: Adds dont last long enough for epidemic to matter, Dragons: ST, Cenarious: Cleave/ST, Xavious: adds are so far apart that using that many runes on dotting is a waste.
    Beyond this (which I completely agree with), Epidemic is mostly just to pad, I feel.

It works great in Dungeons where trashpacks are some of the harder stuff, but in raids it just doesn't feel like a nice fit, because you're rarely in a situation with 3+ (or even 4+) targets up that you can stack the damage up on with it.

I did talk to one of my guildies who finished EN on Heroic within 2 days of release. And he stated these talents for each boss (only doing ones you change).

For Ursoc and Nythendra - All will serve, spell eater
    Elrethe - Epidemic and Ebon Fever, spell eater or you can use Lingering Appraition which I think would be better since for mobility.
    Eye boss Ebon Fever, spell eater
    Rest of the bosses he did 3 tiers mid, Spell eater, sludge, SI and SR

Deleted
    I went with AWS, Pestilent and Necrosis on most fights. Generated some reeally good numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Udyret View Post
    Like I said, not a pro. I didn't have that information on hand when we raided. Gonna be trying Old War tomorrow
    I mean it was fixed not too long ago, i think it was on tuesday and its not like deadly grace is bad either, and with how expensive potions are if i had farmed deadly grace potions i'd be using that too haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    I mean it was fixed not too long ago, i think it was on tuesday and its not like deadly grace is bad either, and with how expensive potions are if i had farmed deadly grace potions i'd be using that too haha
    well on my server old war is cheaper then deadly grace, so i was able to sell them and get more pots for the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    well on my server old war is cheaper then deadly grace, so i was able to sell them and get more pots for the same price.
    Lucky you, deadly grace are like 15k a stack and old war between 20k-25k/stack. I just farm mats anyways since im not gonna pay that much for potions.

Deleted
    3k for old war here

Old war is 780 ea on my server. Still ridiculous, I've been burning all my cash on pots and flasks just trying to keep up with other classes. Went into a random heroic ursoc pug today and averaged about 240-260k every pull (either too dps or second) until we got it. The rogues, ww and dhs were all whispering me saying "wtf since when did unholy do so much damage." It just seems like nobody takes dks seriously anymore. My arms warrior friend can get into any pugs he wants, me on the other hand not so much. I realized that if I (unholy) am too 2 in dps charts in a raid full of warriors, ww's and outlaw rogues = lvl to me it's them that is doing something wrong, not me lol because I expect to be beaten by those other superior specs.

Yea 240-260k is like 10th in my raid.

i have found that bursting sores is more than enough cleave since i for some reason dont find epidemic play fluid

it feels slow and starved for runes when i play it, maybe im doing something wrong

Quote Originally Posted by sunbrother View Post
    Yea 240-260k is like 10th in my raid.
    mfw thats like top 3

would link warcraft logs but down for emergency maintenance?

Deleted
    All Will Serve
    Pestilent Postules
    Castigator(UF with Instructor Wrists)
    Sludge
    Necrosis
    Soul Reaper

They are usually very good for every fight. Unless you're a massive cheeser on Il'gynoth on the bloods.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    All Will Serve
    Pestilent Postules
    Castigator(UF with Instructor Wrists)
    Sludge
    Necrosis
    Soul Reaper

They are usually very good for every fight. Unless you're a massive cheeser on Il'gynoth on the bloods.
    I have all my gold traits now and was debating

Necrosis vs Shadow Infusion.

also wondering Spell Eater + Legendary cloak = 20 sec AMS?

Deleted
    I don't use epidemic on any of the fights atm, there is so much cleave going on anyways and it just feels like padding, esp. on il'gynoth where i'd rather have better st for mind flays and dominators. But that's a personal choice, not one I would recommend if you wanna rank.

I'm more interested in what you folks do on Hc cenarius like.

The constant target switching and relatively low hp adds makes it hard to get a good flow on SR combos and Apocalypse - not to mention wounds that I can't manage to pop before swap.. I don't have any shiny legendaries so can't rely on bracer rng. I try and keep my wounds at lower stacks unless i'm gunning for apocalypse but my rng seems to be trolling me with 1 fester 6 wounds into 1 scourge 1 pop.

Not even gonna talk about the movement on that fight huptiderp.

How to

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    apparently you DON'T have to pay for those tomes of the tranquil mind! We just death gate and then death gate back. Takes us back to inside the raid.
    How does this work? You cast Death Gate and click it, pop up in Class Hall, cast it again and click it to turn up at the raid again?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGregor3 View Post
    I don't use epidemic on any of the fights atm, there is so much cleave going on anyways and it just feels like padding, esp. on il'gynoth where i'd rather have better st for mind flays and dominators. But that's a personal choice, not one I would recommend if you wanna rank.

I'm more interested in what you folks do on Hc cenarius like.

The constant target switching and relatively low hp adds makes it hard to get a good flow on SR combos and Apocalypse - not to mention wounds that I can't manage to pop before swap.. I don't have any shiny legendaries so can't rely on bracer rng. I try and keep my wounds at lower stacks unless i'm gunning for apocalypse but my rng seems to be trolling me with 1 fester 6 wounds into 1 scourge 1 pop.

Not even gonna talk about the movement on that fight huptiderp.
    I feel exactly the same way.

Single target with AWS, PP, Necrosis is A-MA-ZIIIIIIIING!! /archer

However, the Eye fight, the Spider, etc. feel like absolute crap when you run with Epidemic. When I go Epidemic I'm constantly rune starved and my damage seems to actually decrease from what it would be with single target talents because the adds get burst down so quick anyway. Maybe I'm just playing it wrong, but Epidemic just seems awful all around.

I specifically didn't take it for Dragons this week and instead just ran AWS, PP, Necrosis and then used DnD + Scourge spam for the spirit adds. Managed over 300k and got a 95% rank on WOL.

For Cenarius: Bursting Sores, PP, and SI seemed to work really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scented View Post
    How does this work? You cast Death Gate and click it, pop up in Class Hall, cast it again and click it to turn up at the raid again?
    Yes. You'll be returned to the spot of the last boss you downed in the instance - in other words where you spawn when you release after a death in the instance.
    Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    I have all my gold traits now and was debating

Necrosis vs Shadow Infusion.

also wondering Spell Eater + Legendary cloak = 20 sec AMS?
    Necrosis beats Shadow Infusion on ST. Changes your play style a bit so you have to weave in deathcoils, so it's a bit more complicated than passive CD decrease on DT.

Spell Eater + Cloak = Overkill :b