Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    No, because I'm casual and enjoy every rare moment I can play.

ilvl 836. Did normal EN once, haven't done a mythic dungeon yet. Have a lot to look forward to. Done maybe close to 100 WQ (only got the achiev for 50).

No wonder people are bored, you fucking overdo it. Some people in my guild I see getting achieves for 2500 WQ. I was like what the actual fuck? Relax and like the pandas say, slooow down! Content isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bompton View Post
    No, because I'm casual and enjoy every rare moment I can play.

ilvl 836. Did normal EN once, haven't done a mythic dungeon yet. Have a lot to look forward to. Done maybe close to 100 WQ (only got the achiev for 50).

No wonder people are bored, you fucking overdo it. Some people in my guild I see getting achieves for 2500 WQ. I was like what the actual fuck? Relax and like the pandas say, slooow down! Content isn't going anywhere.
    So let's say you leveled in 1 day and got Nightfallen to friendly and you are left with ~ 1 month of gameplay. 2500/30 is around 80-85 world quests per day, every day. I smell bullshit

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, everything goes as expected.
    WQ feature is basically glorified daily quest manager and cannot sustain playerbase forever.
    Most 5ppl crowd finally realized that it is boring, dull and repetitive. EN is an okay raid but nothing special and fascinating.
    Class design is atrocious, with some fine (really fine) exceptions. Professions is a nightmare.

But man, Suramar was the best non-raiding content I've ever seen in this game. It is closest to singleplayer RPG-like thing ever been in wow.
    Sadly, it was pretty short. I want more of Suramar.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    I'd be enjoying this expansion a lot more if the alt situation wasn't so brutal.
    This is my stance too.

I'm still having moderate fun with my main and two or three alts; But it's really pushing my boundaries the effort it takes and how unfriendly it is to even handle these alts, let alone all the others I'd enjoy taking care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbf Elerenthe is ok and so is Xavius. But World Quests are just getting repetitive after a while. Dungeon variety is actually pretty good though I'll give them that.
    At least you aren't doing the same 25 quests daily like previously.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

I honestly play alot less then previously, mainly because I cant be arsed to level my alts and then begin the long farm of rep, AN, WQ etc. Not sure it's a bad thing tbh, I guess it's ok that I don't feel compelled to level several alts, plunges my play time quite abit, but I still spend just as much time on my main, which was never alot in the first place I guess.

But WQ are to prefere over the MoP daily quests imo, and I like how all zones are relevant.

Unfortunately, yes. I thought this expansion would hold my attention a lot longer than it did, but I find the alt situation to already be causing burnout. Only 4 'leveling' zones, two of which I'm not a fan of, and no way to skip them if I want to do WQs (despite the fact that it's easy to hit 110 doing less than two zones). A lot of the systems in Legion do not seem like they were thought through very well.

I'll continue for now because I want to see the culmination of everyone's class hall, but there's no other 'carrot on a stick' for me at the moment.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Nope, got loads to do tons of mythic+ dungeons to do with my now casual guild and alts to level up if i choose (finding it hard to find the time to do that tho!) i don't really do all the WQ's i've started to leave a load and grab the resources when i need them on my char or the gear if it's any good.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dunno i still feel like i have a shit ton of things i want to do all the time and barely havet he time to do it

Quote Originally Posted by CmA View Post
    Initially I thought it looked like a really solid expansion. The leveling was smooth and the new areas okay, even if I dislike all the mountains and obstacles that force you to sometimes run around as a headless chicken to get to an objective. Then it kinda got to me that it didn't really feel like we were leveling up in a new expansion because of the way everything around you adjust to your level, and the fact we don't get any new skills, so it didn't feel rewarding at all. Also I kinda dislike the whole artifact side of the expansion because at least for me, all focus seem to be on leveling the weapon(s) rather than finding fun stuff to do, end constantly going back to the order hall.

World quests was fun for a few days, but the side effect on them is how easy it is to gear up and they get very repetative quickly, especially the ones in Surumar as it's often the same ones that keep coming up. I have 846 iLvL fully WQ equipped, and no reason at all to do heroics or LFR more than once as a casual player, as the gear from there are way worse than what I get from WQ. I tried Mythic 5 mans, but even with okay gear, trying to find a group in the group tool as a rogue, resulted a few times with me spamming groups for invites for up to an hour, before I got fed up. So I now find myself logging in, do a few WQ if there is upgrades from them or leveling a few alts for a bit, before logging off and doing something else instead because I get bored.

I hope it will get better as more stuff comes. It probably will. But tbh, right now I don't feel it's worth the monthly cost of playing it. Maybe it's just time to find something else, who knows. Sorry for rant, I just had higher hopes from all the Dev talks.
    You do know that the gear from WQ is mostly drops from the instances, minus the trinkets and set pieces

Got alot to do even it has started to be slighty boring. Still 10000x better than WoD.
    Also this:
    I'd be enjoying this expansion a lot more if the alt situation wasn't so brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by jadedfuture View Post
    Best expansion since MoP I think, and from the way things are looking, it may even top it.
    Not really saying anything since we have WoD only in between

But Legion is fun!

This is what people wanted. World pve and pvp. Something to do. Something else than being stuck(garrison) doing nothing. This is a grind. This is what people missed in WoD. You can call it whatever you want, its a grind no matter what.

Just dinged an alt. Started suramar questline. It's awesome. Exalted on main, usend countless hours on just to hang out in Suramar City. I truly love it. On my alt Shal'aran is just a dark cave. The process of having nothing in there to what it is on my main(dont want to spoil anything) is just great. I could do nightfallen questline over and over.

Suramar and Suramar City must be the best thing I've experienced in the game, and we've seen nothing yet

In the first few months of any expansion, alting is challenging because blizz (rightfully IMO) wants to keep the pace slow enough such that you don't consume everything and then feel "done" in 2 weeks.

Once you are a patch or 2 in, they put in catchup mechanisms - buffing drop rates of collection items needed for legendary items (and now artifacts), or giving players newer easier ways to acquire them. They may also nerf dungeons, or passively nerf dungeons by giving people easier-to-aquire high level gear making players more powerful more easily, which has the same effect as nerfing 5mans. This helps both returning as well as new players, on top of helping the altoholics of the world.

tl;dr wait for catchup mechanisms in patch 7.1, 7.2, and the "alt situation" should be way more pleasurable.

Deleted
    I think if the grind was rewarding - it would feel worth doing. At the moment I have abandoned the toon, that in the past years I have put so much work in.

WQs are boring and repetetive and dungeons don't give the shiny legendaries. If people don't feel rewarded with the things they are doing for character progression, they will be leaving the game soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely enjoying myself still. I agree that the world quests are getting a bit repetitive, but at least they're there if you DO feel like doing a few. The Emerald Nightmare is boss-wise a pretty meh raid, but theme-wise one of coolest so far, in my opinion. Not like Highmaul for instance... *shivers* ...which was the cheapest, nastiest thing ever, albeit with significantly more interesting bosses.

I'm enjoying the mythic+ content. I just finished my first +8 pug last night, and damn, it was actually challenging!

In short... In my opinion, Legion is thus far by far the best expansion in WoW's history. At long last there's actually always something to do.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Tbf Elerenthe is ok and so is Xavius. But World Quests are just getting repetitive after a while. Dungeon variety is actually pretty good though I'll give them that.
    Yeah, and say this about repetitive daily quests in MoP and any other expansion. *Puke*.

But I know what You are feeling, I stopped doing Suramar quests after hitting 16k/21k with Nightfallen.
    I could see WQ have a weekly rotation, or smth, to keep them more challenging and fresh.

Mythics I do think super fun, though.
    Raids are "okish", but I am a bit dissapointed for taking Xavis Mythic down on the first raiding day, kappa.

I still haven't started PvP tho, so there's a lot of things more to do, and hopefully the contect will be added more often than ever before.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

No I'm still having a lot of fun personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    The WQ in their core:
    "Are we forcing to do them?No,of course not!What makes you think that?We're giving you 3 days until you're capped with them,you don't have to run them every single day,you know...Besides,you can stop doing them anytime you like,but by doing that,you lose a chance to participate in the amazing lotery with a 0,01 % possibility,that you will loot an amazing legendary".
    You mean... that by not doing certain things, like doing raids or mythic dungeons, you dont have a chance of getting high end gear?
    Wow... who would've known!

Just finding myself doing the same thing over and over. World/Emissary quests are getting stale now, Dungeon farming is getting stale and Emerald Nightmare I'm honestly not enjoying as much as I'd hoped. Obviously I'm not speaking for everyone here but I'm really trying to enjoy Legion and well I just can't. I don't want to quit just yet because I at least want to give it more time since my game time doesn't expire for a while.
    It's more than we had in WoD, but it's still World of Warcraft. The endgame has always consisted of dungeon farming, raiding and daily-content. I'd argue that World Quests are still more interesting and more rewarding than dailies. Even cycling dailies like we had some of in MoP.

Is it boring? It's no more boring that it's always been. It's the same endgame we've known since TBC with a few extra features thrown in, but if it's not enticing anymore then that's probably because you've moved on from doing that kind of content and playing that kind of game. In almost every way, Legion is "Business as usual" for long-term players. I had quit WoD by this point though, and I like that I still haven't achieved everything there is to achieve in Legion.

For me personally, I'm starting to wonder whether or not I still feel like it's worth investing several hours a day into WoW. The endgame so far is solid as I've said, but it's also the same as it's always been. There are lots of other games out that I want to try out, so it's hard to justify playing the "Same old" WoW all the time instead of looking for some of these new experiences.

But in conclusion: No, I don't think it's boring. It's just the same as it's always been, and if that doesn't excite you then perhaps it's time to take a break and maybe return later, or wait for the next big patch.

Also a bit bored, but it is mostly because of the alt situation. I wish to level an alt, but i don't really like to grind AP all over again, they should really make the AP Increase account bound so you could level your alts AP quicker. Just the amount of time its takes to get an alt properly geared and attuned for all the dungeons gonna take some time, and i feel the time i invest in my alt could maybe have used better on my main. But i really think i need a second toon, trying to lvl all the roles, tank, dps, heal so i can see every aspect of the game and not getting bored that quickly :-)