Quote Originally Posted by Taven View Post
    Not sure. i've been attempting to get a FCM for weeks now to no avail. But simming myself every night the stats it wants me to go for Vers/Crit/Master/Haste. I keep telling it to *&(^ off but does indicate a dps increase with those stats. I just can't imagine the spec playing very well with low haste.
    If you scroll down the Pally forums you'll see a thread called "Haste is a lie". I had the same issue where even at lower levels of haste, SimC was giving me a Vers > Crit > Haste > Mastery priority. Apparently Haste unlike crit/vers fluctuates from high priority to low priority as you reach certain breakpoints. If you check your plot of Haste compared to Vers and Crit you'll notice haste fluctuates like crazy.

To make this spec playable, I would still recommend trying to get 25% haste any way you can. And then stay between 25-30 while going for vers/crit depending on what your SimC results are. Avoid mastery as usual.

Feth if isn't AtA awesome.
    The wait was totally worth it.
    Double guaranteed JV into stun is pure Justice.

- - - Updated - - -

Now gotta wrap my head around tFoJ/Zeal choice >_>
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2016-09-30 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Imagine Dragons_-_Battlecry

Silly question, has anyone tried during Cenarius, using blessing of protection to mitigate his nightmare spear? Will he just change his target mid cast?

Quote Originally Posted by arrav View Post
    Silly question, has anyone tried during Cenarius, using blessing of protection to mitigate his nightmare spear? Will he just change his target mid cast?
    Not a silly question at all. He does change targets, but if the tank taunts before you BoP, then he will be forced to use Nightmare Spear on the bopped target. Hell, a ret paladin can bubble then taunt him during the cast and you'll mitigate 100% of the damage. This kind of cheese has been done since forever by paladins. Hell, as prot I use this all the time on bosses in mythic+. Taunt, bubble, soak a couple of attacks, cancel bubble.

Deleted
    In all that haste mumbling, its funny how important things can be ignored.

Like gamebreaking bug, that causes some rets do randomly 100% more dmg on bosses from every skill - u can check on logs.
    Literally, every skill from Crusader strike to neck enchants are doing double dmg.

I've tried to find commonalities in logs bugged rets, but cannot find missing link in gear or talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawik View Post
    In all that haste mumbling, its funny how important things can be ignored.

Like gamebreaking bug, that causes some rets do randomly 100% more dmg on bosses from every skill - u can check on logs.
    Literally, every skill from Crusader strike to neck enchants are doing double dmg.

I've tried to find commonalities in logs bugged rets, but cannot find missing link in gear or talents.
    I've only seen this on mythic Nythendra. And it's more like quadruple damage. My TV under full everything crits for 1.3 mil. I have very very good gear, 868 ilvl with 890 weapon. I've seen a log of a ret that was like 855 critting for 4.4 million on TV. No idea what causes it but I would love to know. If I could get that bug to trigger to me, I think I could pull aggro and die lol.

How is leveling as ret with new hotfixes?

It's viable or should i go for protection ?

decide to start a new toon......

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    Well it was great before the hotfixes so should be even better now, if you take Justicar's Vengeance then you pretty much cannot die, once you get to L103 you get Vindicator Boros as a bodyguard and from then on you literally cannot die (unless you fall off Highmountain with bubble on CD or something).

Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post

It's viable or should i go for protection ?

decide to start a new toon......
    Leveling as ret is fine, always was. Prot is just better. Prot paladin is, imo, one of the top 3 leveling specs in the entire game, right up there with Havoc DH and WW monk. Actually, after the nerfs to Havoc and WW, prot paladin might just straight up be the best.

Reposting this from a page back because it seems to have been glossed over. Question has there been a consensus formed on after going the long path to AtA of which gold talent to go for next? I was leaning towards Echo but seeing a lot of talk about AOE damage for the raids and mythic dungeons.

Deleted
    Well Dragoons, i personally went for echo first - cause it gives a half single target dps/half aoe boost. Keep in mind, first 3 bosses on mythic are almost pure single target, with a minor short period aoe/cleave chance.

If u play more casually, it may be worth to pursue 20y storm first due to new/fun mechanic of our aoe.

Thanks Pawik. I was leaning Echo first just because I find the talents before more useful than the flash of light buff but just wanted to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Well it was great before the hotfixes so should be even better now, if you take Justicar's Vengeance then you pretty much cannot die, once you get to L103 you get Vindicator Boros as a bodyguard and from then on you literally cannot die (unless you fall off Highmountain with bubble on CD or something).
    Yea you won't die he will taunt mobs you just have to deal with a giant elephant ass in your face all day

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dondivine View Post
    Yea you won't die he will taunt mobs you just have to deal with a giant elephant ass in your face all day
    Hey it's worth it for the invincibility (unless you find something that can actually kill you within his respawn timer).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Leveling as ret is fine, always was. Prot is just better. Prot paladin is, imo, one of the top 3 leveling specs in the entire game, right up there with Havoc DH and WW monk. Actually, after the nerfs to Havoc and WW, prot paladin might just straight up be the best.
    Compared to how we level in WoD, it's much harder for us. Our defensives are not what it used to be heck I've died many times because I literally have no tool to use to help myself. Our class still has problems weather you admit it or not.

Note that due to the level scaling in the Broken Isles increases the challenges but our loss of some talents that helped with our defensives (Selfless healer) Supplication and Word of Glory are out of our reach(No the new WoG is a raid CD so it's not the same).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Feth if isn't AtA awesome.
    The wait was totally worth it.
    Wow, Storm actually likes something about Ret. Interesting how after all your doomsaying and picking fights with people who disagreed it comes out that you went the entirely wrong way on the Artifact tree. Color me surprised.

What a time to be alive.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Wow, Storm actually likes something about Ret. Interesting how after all your doomsaying and picking fights with people who disagreed it comes out that you went the entirely wrong way on the Artifact tree. Color me surprised.

What a time to be alive.
    Do not mistake me finding a sliver of fun amidst a pile of shit with being happy.
    Our artifact tree is still a mess. It doesn't interact with most spenders in no way. Leveling up to AtA is tedious. 45% of our AoE potential is locked behind artifact. Forty-five Percents.

The only positive thing about it is AtA. Literally. It's beyond awful otherwise.

Also what the feth you mean about wrong way. You either take the long and solemn path to AtA or you do the reset maneuver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also what the feth you mean about wrong way. You either take the long and solemn path to AtA or you do the reset maneuver.
    Anything that doesn't involve rushing to AtA, whether you're resetting or moving to Echo after, is the wrong choice.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

45% of our AoE potential is locked behind artifact. Forty-five Percents.
    Maths pedantry time: if X increases your damage by 45%, then X represents (45/145) = 31% of your with-X damage. In other words, 31% of our DS damage is artifact traits.

I didnt find leveling as ret particularly hard until the later levels. Kings and wisdom make you sturdy enough, but i found myself not always doing enough dmg compared to leveling other classes.