Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    At a biological level, "race" doesn't fundamentally exist. The only thing that does exist is extended families. If you extend that family far enough, you merge into the next "race". If you narrow it down enough, you get regular families. There's nothing more to it than that.
    The same could be said of species. The only difference is that you would have to resurrect some organisms to bridge the gap between most existing species.

However, that doesn't stop biologist from using race and species with close to the normal meanings - and even family (with a completely different meaning from the one above).

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The idea that these are distinct and separate things, with lines drawn to distinguish between them? That is socially invented, and has no biological basis whatsoever.
    The idea that in order to separate things we need a distinct line is a straw-man argument.

Most of us can discuss colors and say that red and blue (or black and white) are different; and also understand that if you mix blue into red it will go from red to purple and blue - and there will be intermediate colors all the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Exactly. Canada takes in about 1% of its population as immigrants each year. Sweden can follow the successful Canadian model.
    Exactly, Sweden is now following Canada in accepting fewer asylum seekers!

Canada takes about 0.7% immigrants per year, whereas immigration to Sweden recently increased to above 1% - with 1.6% asylum seekers arriving last year (not all will be accepted) - and considerably less current year.

Say what you will, that cat at 56 seconds in has a righteous head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    France has had a large muslim population for decades.
    The recent attacks are due to the actions taken in the middle east in the last 15 years. They're not due to multiculturalism.
    Yes it's partially due to foreign policy choices but france alienated almost 5 million muslims. They are recruited within the country and they carry out attacks. So YES it is has completely to do with multiculturalism. Since you haven't been directly affected its ok to continue bad policies while still letting more in to be alienated? Sounds really stupid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    The hate for Sweden on these forums is simply because people see Sweden filled with refugees and can't deal with the fact that a country with a large Muslim community hasn't collapsed yet.
    Sweden has like what 5% Muslims? Bulgaria has 13% Muslims and it's the poorest EU country as a result.

You will be just as poor in a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Sweden has like what 5% Muslims? Bulgaria has 13% Muslims and it's the poorest EU country as a result.

I never understood why Bulgaria allowed such a large Muslim minority to stay after throwing out the Ottomans. Greece left only a few villages in the north (drove out or killed the rest in the population exchanges and rebellions) and they've been a pain in the ass and they're not even 1%, and clearly owe more allegiance to Turkey than they do Greece. Every time there's any difference between the two the Muslims are out in the streets waving Turkish flags and "proclaiming solidarity with their countrymen".

Are Bulgaria's Muslims Turkish in descent like Greece's? Or are they local Bulgarians that converted?

Not even fact checking your premises, since correlation doesn't mean causation. Worldwide, Qatar has the third highest GDP, and it has 77% Muslims.

Sweden will never be what it was because its bigots torpedoed the Schengen agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I never understood why Bulgaria allowed such a large Muslim minority to stay after throwing out the Ottomans. Greece left only a few villages in the north (drove out or killed the rest in the population exchanges and rebellions) and they've been a pain in the ass and they're not even 1%, and clearly owe more allegiance to Turkey than they do Greece. Every time there's any difference between the two the Muslims are out in the streets waving Turkish flags and "proclaiming solidarity with their countrymen".

Are Bulgaria's Muslims Turkish in descent like Greece's? Or are they local Bulgarians that converted?
    Many are converts or Muslim gypsies. The problem is the DPS/Turkish party. They all vote for it and it has ties to Erdogan. It's the 3rd biggest parry since 1997 and always weasels itself into position of power.

Total criminals who keep Muslims subservient as feudal serfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Indeed. The fear mongering, especially from people that don't even live in Sweden, is really tiresome.
    Why is fear mongering bad? I think it's better to be too scared to go outside at night than go outside at night to be "culturally enriched" by a group of super-tanned men.

http://www.infowars.com/refugee-invo...oman-set-free/
    http://consciouslyenlightened.com/sw...ext-is-insane/
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cba_1337116737

inb4 "not liberal 'murican media, so all of this is not true!!1"
    Last edited by Radeghost; 2016-09-30 at 07:39 AM.

Deleted

Hahhahhaha

Hahahhahhshahhshhahahha

Are you SERIOUS? Bulgaria is poor because of muslims?

Oh my God, I truly feel bad for you Cryban. The absolute lack of knowledge you possess about... anything really, is perplexing.

Hahhahhaha

Hahahhahhshahhshhahahha

Oh my God, I truly feel bad for you Cryban. The absolute lack of knowledge you possess about... anything really, is perplexing.
    To deny ethnic and religious division is a problem for all Balkan nations is even more ignorant.

To deny ethnic and religious division is a problem for all Balkan nations is even more ignorant.
    Yep.
    Guess how many women did refugees/muslims rape in Poland? None. How many gang rapes? None. How many no-go zones? None. We don't have "refugees". I'd rather have that and live in a poorer country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    Not even fact checking your premises, since correlation doesn't mean causation. Worldwide, Qatar has the third highest GDP, and it has 77% Muslims.

Sweden will never be what it was because its bigots torpedoed the Schengen agreement.
    Sweden will never be the same for multiple reasons. Globalization, the failure of communism, the environment, increased living standards, immigration...

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what he said. He said Bulgaria is poor because of Muslims, period. Is Ukraine's problems solely because of the Romanians in Bessarabia? Lol

Hahhahhaha

Hahahhahhshahhshhahahha

You won't be fake laughing when you have 25% uneducated and unemployed Muslims like we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Yep.
    Guess how many women did refugees/muslims rape in Poland? None. How many gang rapes? None. How many no-go zones? None. We don't have "refugees". I'd rather have that and live in a poorer country.
    But your still complaining about Muslims in your country though...

How does this work btw?

To partly quote Trump ''they bring in crimes, they are rapist'' but at the same bloody time you don't have any of them. This seems like something out of the twilight zone.

Smells like bullshit

Also the stuff your accusing others of right now, people in the Netherlands and the UK at least (go to the Brexit topic) also see you exactly like that.

Sweden will never be the same for multiple reasons. Globalization, the failure of communism, the environment, increased living standards, immigration...

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what he said. He said Bulgaria is poor because of Muslims, period. Is Ukraine's problems solely because of the Romanians in Bessarabia? Lol
    It's a matter of degrees. The sectarian, divisive attitudes of many of the Balkans' Muslim populations are problematic. I mean, almost every Balkan nation with a sizable Muslim minority has had severe problems. Bulgaria, FYROM, Albania, Serbia was gutted because of it, Bosnia's still not stable.

It's easy to turn up your privileged nose and just blame us Balkanites, but we've been dealing for centuries with unruly Muslim mass immigration. You guys have had a couple of years of it and already many are screaming. I mean, before the advent of Islam into SE Europe, that region was one of the more prosperous, developed parts of Europe. The sectarian violence and cultural stagnation that came after the Ottomans took control are one of the reasons the region is so far behind the younger states of Europe.

Deleted
    You won't be fake laughing when you have 25% uneducated and unemployed Muslims like we do.
    I'll keep giggling cuz even if that happens (and you know, it won't) you'll still be hilariously ignorant about your own country's history. So much for being a nationalist, huh?

How's the job searching going btw? Still an unemployed engineer? Tsk tsk.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a matter of degrees. The sectarian, divisive attitudes of many of the Balkans' Muslim populations are problematic. I mean, almost every Balkan nation with a sizable Muslim minority has had severe problems. Bulgaria, FYROM, Albania, Serbia was gutted because of it, Bosnia's still not stable.

It's easy to turn up your privileged nose and just blame us Balkanites, but we've been dealing for centuries with unruly Muslim mass immigration. You guys have had a couple of years of it and already many are screaming. I mean, before the advent of Islam into SE Europe, that region was one of the more prosperous, developed parts of Europe. The sectarian violence and cultural stagnation that came after the Ottomans took control are one of the reasons the region is so far behind the younger states of Europe.
    Oh ok, so let's just dismiss Bulgaria's communist past.

God you guys don't have a clue about history. I mean you're comparing Greece with former Yugoslavia. Even my Balkan friends would laugh at the stupidity of such a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    But your still complaining about Muslims in your country though...

How does this work btw?

To partly quote Trump ''they bring in crimes, they are rapist'' but at the same bloody time you don't have any of them. This seems like something out of the twilight zone.

Smells like bullshit

Also the stuff your accusing others of right now, people in the Netherlands and the UK at least (go to the Brexit topic) also see you exactly like that.
    I'm not complaining about muslims in Poland.

And other things: "they also see Poles like that". I don't care what do they see. I care about statistics. How many gang-rapes were commited by Poles compared to those commited by muslims?
    Also, I'll just leave it here https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoo...o_hate_polish/

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    France has had a large muslim population for decades.
    The recent attacks are due to the actions taken in the middle east in the last 15 years. They're not due to multiculturalism.
    Sadly for that narrative, France has never been closer to Saudi Arabia and their "freedom fighters" as today
    As opposed to 40y ago when they were helping Israel get the A bomb will having their own fighter pilots flying alongside the israeli one to bomb the egyptian airfields

So if terrorists are interested in something, it surely isnt our foreign policy

I'll keep giggling cuz even if that happens (and you know, it won't) you'll still be hilariously ignorant about your own country's history. So much for being a nationalist, huh?

How's the job searching going btw? Still an unemployed engineer? Tsk tsk.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ok, so let's just dismiss Bulgaria's communist past.

God you guys don't have a clue about history. I mean you're comparing Greece with former Yugoslavia. Even my Balkan friends would laugh at the stupidity of such a comparison.
    Greece can be compared with any former Ottoman slave-state. In regards to Muslims it's a very apt comparison. Communism has been the most recent event to shape the Balkans, but it's not the sole historical event. it didn't happen in a vacuum. And a lot of the issues with Muslims long pre-date Communism.

But yeah, I'll let a Swede tell me about my region. Especially considering I probably know more about my history than most, considering I studied it in university. But yeah, some rando Scandinavian on a gaming forum knows better.

Deleted
    Greece can be compared with any former Ottoman slave-state. In regards to Muslims it's a very apt comparison. Communism has been the most recent event to shape the Balkans, but it's not the sole historical event. it didn't happen in a vacuum. And a lot of the issues with Muslims long pre-date Communism.

But yeah, I'll let a Swede tell me about my region. Especially considering I probably know more about my history than most, considering I studied it in university. But yeah, some rando Scandinavian on a gaming forum knows better.
    Apparently I do! A lot of the issues with stability in the western Balkans does have to do with ethnic and religious differences, but they're by far worse than the issues in Greece and cannot be simplified as simply "bad Muslims caused it".