Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scratching my head at your dps... you have a higher ilvl than my outlaw rogue and I'm demolishing meters. Possible you're doing something really goofy with bones. You're just are having a crap luck spree and you reeeally need to figure out what you're doing wrong and bring that dps up or you're gonna have a bad time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I got to 850 without ever entering a raid, so /shrug
    I don't even really use my professions for gold; almost all of my gold comes from:

-world quests
    -LFD satchels
    -class hall missions
    -shoulder enchant Gatherer bags, selling herbs/fish on AH

and I make at least 10k gold a week, so if OP only has 20k gold, it's clear that he's not even really trying at all.
    Yep, also a valid point.
    If I look at my current map there's over 2k gold from the world quests available, I never bother with them though since I find gold so easy to come by anyway.
    On top of that I have 2 mission table missions just about to finish that should bring in roughly 3.5k gold and another 2 missions waiting to be launched that will bring around 3k.
    I use the Gemfinder shoulder enchant and make 10-40k a week on that depending on luck with the drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    My one goal is to get the Curve achiv, after that I can retire till next raid. But this is simply not happening, as I can't gear and it's frustrating.
    Dude... you are a casual who gave up your own loot for your guild. You do not DESERVE the Ahead of the Curve achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I got an ilvl 855 item from a WQ today and then a 845 from another.
    Did it proc that high? Im talking about base ilvl that shows up in the quests.

Deleted
    I can play 2, maybe 3 hours a day, which should be enough to gear regulary. I have no interest in any other games. I play WoW and CS:GO, no other games at all interest me a bit.
    2+ hours and you don't "have time" to make/get a group for even 1 mythic+?
    I call bullshit on that one...

Deleted
    And the problem remains this:

- My ilvl is too low for EN HC.
    - My ilvl is too low for Mythic+ (maybe not technically, but been declined in like 20 groups now, all want 850-860+ even for M2).
    People always had stupid requirements, every single expansion. Nothing newq here.
    Do you think this game has become very flawed as to gearing up?

I expect a lot of replies like "Just do Mythic+" or "Start your own group and reserve stuff with ML", but like I said, NOT A SINGLE Mythic + group will take me and I don't have the time to start my own groups :/
    Other reply: So you admit you dont want to put a little effort into it but want results.
    Why would you even want to go EN HC if you dont have that few minutes to start your own M+ group? Dont you have a guild?
    Are you fresh starting this expansion with ZERO friends from any expansion before?
    Maybe its just not your type of content, admittedly its NOT CONTENT but direct recycling.
    - There is nothing new to see from M to M+ but stronger trash
    - There is no difference from EN to EN HC
    -> There is no reason for you to do it at all, especially considering you can only spend 5 minutes online.

852, not a single raid, no crafts, no legendary

Got some luck on a some 850 relics from doing Mythics some items that proced to 860 from doing WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    If virtually every other expansion you'd be sitting around 820 right now.
    in expansions from wolk to mop you would be geting 1 guaranteed (not f... rng) 865 every 1-2 weeks from farming content in game and that in case of wolk/cata those pieces could have set bonuses - which makes you statement way off from truth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    People always had stupid requirements, every single expansion. Nothing newq here.
    yes but this time around you have exackly 0 way to offset it - if you are unlucky with rng you are beyond fucked and can basickly unsub till next tier as nooone will take you anywhere

Deleted
    Haven't seen a single group asking for 860.

Edit:

I can't tell what's worse, the number of people over-exaggerating the gear requirements for mythics or chatting shit about how hard gearing is.. My hunter is 837 with less than 12 hours played. I've done 1 mythic dungeon with the guild that gave me 845 boots and that's it.

Between...

World Quests
    3 PvP category wins (can proc WF, I have a cloak that's 865 on my druid)
    World bosses
    Upgrading order hall stuff
    BoEs
    Crafted BoEs
    Legendaries
    HCs
    LFR
    Mythic dungeons
    Mythic+

This expansion is an utter joke for gearing, I've put little to zero effort into gearing my alts and one is 845 and the other is 837, the Druid having done no lfr, world bosses and only last weeks pvp wins...
    Last edited by mmocddc07f7463; 2016-09-30 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Haven't seen a single group asking for 860.
    give it 2-3 weeks and it will be 860 req eveyrwhere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    what the fuck class and spec and build do you play where you are 846 doing m+8. uhh lemme see some proof man, I wanna believe you really bad, as someone that's 841.
    I don't have any logs or anything, best I can offer you as an achievement that shows M+5 complete and an armour link.

I play warlock, generarly always do. Build is just destro and sometimes switching to demo for boss between pull if there's time.

Armory - [url]http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Baleful/simple[/url] (Says 850 but that's due to junk in bag with bad stats I won't use)
    Achievement - [url]http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Baleful/achievement#168:15254:a11184[/url] (top achievement, keystone challenger)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baleful-Bal View Post
    I don't have any logs or anything, best I can offer you as an achievement that shows M+5 complete and an armour link.

I play warlock, generarly always do. Build is just destro and sometimes switching to demo for boss between pull if there's time.

Armory - [url]http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Baleful/simple[/url] (Says 850 but that's due to junk in bag with bad stats I won't use)
    Achievement - [url]http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Baleful/achievement#168:15254:a11184[/url] (top achievement, keystone challenger)
    Ah, maybe that's why I am hesitant to believe you, ive only played melee for Legion so far, and movement is insanely challenging sometimes in some mythics.

not flaming on you at all, or caster, or locks, just ya know, as a havoc dh, its hard to avoid bad sometimes

10+ Year Old Account
    If you had read the thread, you would have noticed that I have tried. Been declined for so many groups that it's sucking all the motivation out of me. Every single group, and I mean ALL of them, say it's too low. They want far over 850 to invite me
    You KNOW how to solve that, and you REFUSE. The problem you face is of your own making.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    highest base level I've seen is 835 epic for World Quests. I just completed 2 of them now, never seen higher than that for base ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Ah, maybe that's why I am hesitant to believe you, ive only played melee for Legion so far, and movement is insanely challenging sometimes in some mythics.

not flaming on you at all, or caster, or locks, just ya know, as a havoc dh, its hard to avoid bad sometimes
    You should be fine as havok, the havok DH I play with very frequently is about the same ilvl but pulls way ahead of me, mostly for aoe, but keeps up with ST

His burst at 8+ mobs is ussually around 1.6mil and falls down to about 700k dps by the time it dies with most trash, bosses his ST dps is around 220k-260k dps depending how long the fight lasts

My own aoe is random between 1.1mill at large pulls and 400k depending how long they stay alive for, my ST is the same, dependant on how long the boss lives, so 200k-260k
    Last edited by mmocb1470050c1; 2016-09-30 at 11:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have an extreme hardcore attitude toward the game, even if I can't play that much.
    1) a 'hardcore' wouldn't even be here pissing and moaning.
    2) a 'hardcore' would be busy starting their own mythics (like previously suggested)
    3) a 'hardcore' would have already dumped one of their professions or started an alt (like previously suggested)
    4) a 'hardcore' would be looking at ways to implement every piece of advice previously posted in this thread instead of looking for or making excuses why they can NOT.

So, I am terribly sorry to inform you that you are absolutely NOT hardcore.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The 855 was a proc on a WQ that delivered a nominal 835.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The 855 was a proc on a WQ that delivered a nominal 835.
    I had a world quest chest proc up to 890 so it is worth doing them if one wants gear as their is a chance it can upgrade. Now is it great or happen a lot? No, but a chance and that is nice.

You have raided, and done 'almost every single world quest every day' but you dont have time to make a group? You need to look at your self.

The only way to do it is to get shitty gear with high item levels and just keep it in your bank, that way, you can wear your good 840 gear that has better stats than the 860 rubbish you may have elsewhere. It is RNG though, just don't feel forced to equip bad items for the sake of item level, just keep them at the side. With that being said, obliterum is still a really good way to gear up and get perfect stats.