Problem with Archeology quest in Highmountain.

Greetings, fellow archeologists. I am having a problem there. This week and next week offer us the opportunity to hunt for that bad ass mount in Highmountain. So picked a Quest from the Dalaran NPC. Then I turned it in HM and received a Q for 20 solves and a Q to kill the last boss in Nelths Lair. After the dungeon Q was completed the 20 solves Q disappeared from my log. I cant summon that tauren with a whistle and dig with him anymore. I wrote a ticket - they didnt care to investigate and just sent me a paste/copy bullcrap answer.

So my question is - anyone got the same issue? should i continue to write tickets and what is most important - will i be able to get the mount without completing the 20 solves Q.

The reward these weeks is the spear of rethu. The dungeon quest is the last one in the chain and can only be obtained after doing 20 surveys with the whistle guy.

Deleted
    For me it disappeared while just digging in HM, it disappeared after 20. Afterwards I did get the quest for the dungeon. To me it seemed as intended. Why do you need the guy for further digging..

10+ Year Old Account
    While I didn't have this issue. I had another 'issue' which saved me a lot of time. I had to do the 20 surveys with the Tauren, and halfway through my first survey I got a pop up saying that I completed the quest. I turned it in and it gave me the Misdirected quest in Neltharion's Lair. The reward for this quest isn't a mount though! It is the Spear of Rethu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    Greetings, fellow archeologists. I am having a problem there. This week and next week offer us the opportunity to hunt for that bad ass mount in Highmountain. So picked a Quest from the Dalaran NPC. Then I turned it in HM and received a Q for 20 solves and a Q to kill the last boss in Nelths Lair. After the dungeon Q was completed the 20 solves Q disappeared from my log. I cant summon that tauren with a whistle and dig with him anymore. I wrote a ticket - they didnt care to investigate and just sent me a paste/copy bullcrap answer.

So my question is - anyone got the same issue? should i continue to write tickets and what is most important - will i be able to get the mount without completing the 20 solves Q.
    you dont get a chance at the mount this week... you get a chance at the spear this week. period. then end.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

ok. iam guessing i misunderstood the first Q. it didnt require 20 solves but 20 surveys. So its just a pure random now for mount solve to pop up right ?

EDIT didnt see the previous answer.
    Last edited by Useful; 2016-09-30 at 09:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Austrel View Post
    While I didn't have this issue. I had another 'issue' which saved me a lot of time. I had to do the 20 surveys with the Tauren, and halfway through my first survey I got a pop up saying that I completed the quest. I turned it in and it gave me the Misdirected quest in Neltharion's Lair. The reward for this quest isn't a mount though! It is the Spear of Rethu.
    Had exact same thing lol, thought ah this shouldn't take long, only twenty surveys. Second survey in and completed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    ok. iam guessing i misunderstood the first Q. it didnt require 20 solves but 20 surveys. So its just a pure random now for mount solve to pop up right ?

EDIT didnt see the previous answer.
    The spear was this week's rare solve... maybe next week will be the mount... who knows.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    The spear was this week's rare solve... maybe next week will be the mount... who knows.
    Mount was the very first one that was up for like not even a day. There are some who have it. It might not be back til the whole cycle goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Mount was the very first one that was up for like not even a day. There are some who have it. It might not be back til the whole cycle goes.
    Yep... OP is talking about the HM digs for this week however, and since the moose was the very very first one, I rather doubt that the moose is going to be one of the selected rares anytime soon.

Sadly the spear isn't able to be transmogged into, sad times

The problem is in progress?