Page 89 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The issue is it's not a reward it's an unlock, it's something all players are supposed to have access too, and by removing it from LFR they have now blocked access to the other skins on that row (which require the first skin to unlock).

Using the artefacts and their skins as the main selling point of the expansion and then changing it after the game went live so four of them could no longer be obtained by the majority of players was a dick move.
    One of the main selling points was the artifact weapons, not that you'd be able to get all the skins just by sitting in your chair and picking your nose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Then do normal EN, problem solved.

Not sure what karma got to do with this.. or why it's even a bad idea to give raiders something "exclusive".
    It's just a cosmetic reward, so I really dont get why people are so upset. If raiders got a legendary the first time they killed Xavius on heroic or something like that, then I'd understand why people are mad... but it's just a cosmetic reward that changes the skin of your artifact weapon.

Where you equally upset when mythic raiders got an exclusive mount in BRF and HFC? Doubt it.
    I think it is BECAUSE it is cosmetic ironically a power reward would probably go over MUCH better

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If raiders got a legendary the first time they killed Xavius on heroic or something like that, then I'd understand why people are mad...
    That would actually make sense as it's a reward and getting it guaranteed for doing something based on difficulty makes sense. Blizzard randomly deciding to remove the primary skin unlock for an entire row from LFR makes no sense (if they were going to do that they should have made the dungeon or world boss one the primary for that row).

One of the main selling points was the artifact weapons, not that you'd be able to get all the skins just by sitting in your chair and picking your nose.
    This.
    LFR isn't raiding. It should surprise nobody that certain skins - yes even a whole row of skins - are locked behind raiding. WoW has kept certain things for raiders only since raids first came into the game.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    This.
    LFR isn't raiding.
    Nobody is saying it is, the issue is that before the nerf you did the LFR unlock to obtain the base skin which then let you do the world boss unlock and the dungeon unlocks to obtain the other skins on that row. Post nerf you now have to do the normal raid unlock to obtain the base skin which then lets you do the world boss unlock and the dungeon unlocks to obtain the other skins on that row. Does that sound like the correct order to you? Bearing in mind the vast majority of the player base don't do normal and how disconnected it is from the other row unlocks (I.E you can unlock the PVP row by doing world quests, no rated arena required or anything).

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    "I want to be carried"
    Well folks, today we learned that a raid is one person playing and 24 others being carried.
    I always knew it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get over it, and just pug a normal.

Ultimately these aren't "artifact quest chain", they're raiding questlines to get select skins. Should I start demanding they make the PvP skins available to me because I don't like to pvp?

You're not entitled to be babyfed the entire content, some things have minimum requirements.

Deleted
    Frankly it amazes me LFR even gives loot, about half the DPS are either AFK or so abysmally bad at the game they may as well be, the tank is clueless and will taunt on CD at least 1 in every 2 raids and healers will probably just sit and spam aoe heals like chain heal instead of actually paying attention to anything whatsoever.

Like seriously, there's no excuse for being bad at this game any more. You can read up on what to do in five fucking minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    I honestly think people don't know how easy it is to use the LFG tool. I use it allot for both normal and heroic raids and really scan the list looking for a group that i expect to do well. You usually get the idea of a groups intentions by reading the notes. I enjoy using voice comms and i dislike groups that instantly kick people after a wipe. So i almost always end up in pug groups full of friendly people that enjoy downing content together.

Because i don't join just any group it usually takes me 30/40 min to find and be able to join a group (as a tank) which i found really no problem at all as the LFR queue is prob even longer.

my take is:
    - Some people don't know how accesible the LFG tool really is;
    - Some people don't want to socialize ... for w/e reason;
    - Some people dislike group content that gives no reward if you fail horribly. As you can't really fail LFR
    It's not easy for me, because the search for groups or group members eats up so much time that I don't have time to spare then to actually run a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    seriously, i dont get the difference between "press green button and end up immediately with unknow persons" and "select any normal raid in tool from list and end up immediately with unknown persons" ??? some ppl must have paranoia when its not called LFR. if you labeled normal raids in tool with LFR, that ppl not even would recognize it. dont get that "omg its not LFR" nonsense...
    The biggest problems are most raids I see in the LFG tool asking for higher iLvl than LFR or achievements showing I've already completed the raid. Then there's the fact I may not be able to play for the several hours it takes to find a group and complete the raid, and I don't fancy the chances of finding a few different groups through the week who are just doing the bosses I need. Finally, if I do find a group that will accept me and can dedicate the time to clear the raid there is no guarantee the group will be able to actually down any bosses.

Compare that to a system that allows me to get on with other parts of the game whilst finding a group automatically, saves me from unnecessary elitist demands, divides the content into bite-size packages and makes itself idiot-proof after a few wipes, you should be a be to figure out why someone who no longer bad several hours an evening to dedicate to the game would prefer LFR to finding a group in Normal+ difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    you are absolutelly right. but i still dont get why ppl are to dumb to just test it and find out how easy it is. and "socialize"... ? hmm... i say 60-70% of all my random runs (and i did A LOT) in WoD wether talked any more than in LFR nor anything else, what you can call "socialize". only your last point seems really valid to me. ppl must have paranoia to get kicked bc they are horrible bad and get nothing. but, that pathetic reason besides, if you have the intelligence how bad you are, you are not dumb enough to keep with that LFR statements. so i dont think thats naturally possible
    Dude did you understand that attitude is part of the problem? Lfr give peoples a way to avoid this kind of attitude if the community don't change lfr will always be more successful than anything else.

That said i don't understand why blizzard don't put in lfr small cosmetic reward separate from the one organized raid get.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

That would actually make sense as it's a reward and getting it guaranteed for doing something based on difficulty makes sense. Blizzard randomly deciding to remove the primary skin unlock for an entire row from LFR makes no sense (if they were going to do that they should have made the dungeon or world boss one the primary for that row).
    If thats what you think, then I dont understand why you're so upset about a SKIN that does absolutely nothing more than making your weapon look different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Where did I say I wanted everything handed to me. You do realize LFR takes effort right? If it didn't the whole group could zone in afk and get handled loot.

But it is required for people to do the fights and do them right.
    Oh dear God TOP KEK

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    It's not easy for me, because the search for groups or group members eats up so much time that I don't have time to spare then to actually run a raid.
    Sir, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior OpenRaid?

On topic: I think at least from end of MoP, when they introduced Flex, Blizz try to veeery slowly discourage people to play LFR and LFG by 1)extreme trivialize it 2)introduce very casual mode that keep 'raiding spirit' 3)introduce things like group finder, mythic dungeons and flexible size 4)move away cool rewards from LFG/LFR. Only time when Blizzard did something against this strategy was when they reintroduce tier sets to LFR in Legion, so even mythic raiders that are completionist will run it.

I think next logical step would be removing gear from LFR, and then remove this mode entirely. So brace yourselves, we will have two major shitstorms ahead that will crate more butthurt than no-flying and legacy combined. Honestly, I smell 5000 page thread with like 10-15 people posting the same stuff again and again and again...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If thats what you think, then I dont understand why you're so upset about a SKIN that does absolutely nothing more than making your weapon look different.
    It's not about me, it's about the people who the nerf has blocked from getting it. It's a simple case of right and wrong, this is wrong, the fact it doesn't affect me doesn't stop me from calling out Blizz on their mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The biggest problems are most raids I see in the LFG tool asking for higher iLvl than LFR or achievements showing I've already completed the raid. Then there's the fact I may not be able to play for the several hours it takes to find a group and complete the raid, and I don't fancy the chances of finding a few different groups through the week who are just doing the bosses I need. Finally, if I do find a group that will accept me and can dedicate the time to clear the raid there is no guarantee the group will be able to actually down any bosses.

Compare that to a system that allows me to get on with other parts of the game whilst finding a group automatically, saves me from unnecessary elitist demands, divides the content into bite-size packages and makes itself idiot-proof after a few wipes, you should be a be to figure out why someone who no longer bad several hours an evening to dedicate to the game would prefer LFR to finding a group in Normal+ difficulty.
    give this man a medal

if someone still doesnt understand "why ppl prefer LFR" after reading this, well ...

It's not about me, it's about the people who the nerf has blocked from getting it. It's a simple case of right and wrong, this is wrong, the fact it doesn't affect me doesn't stop me from calling out Blizz on their mistake.
    And why is it wrong that only people that do normal, heroic or mythic will get an exclusive skin to their artifact? Kinda silly to say that what Blizzard does is wrong, considering that it's their game and they can do whatever they want with it.

Where you just as upset that mythic hfc and brf rewarded people with an exclusive mount? Heck, even heroic HFC did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind. It's perfectly fine to reserve some weapon skins to raids. It's just normal mode, anyway. It won't take long before pugging that is very common.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    It's simple - LFR is impartial. People are biased.
    Yes it is; and that is a very bad thing.
    For example i would never understand why someone who is gonna be interrupted for whatever reason 10 times in an hour, insists on taking part in raiding, but they do, sometimes they even try to play like this in organised raiding, when as you can imagine they get kicked of the group then they go to LFR, and yeah they are always AFK.
    And i am not talking about something unexpected, i am talking about very expected interruptions, and still they want to do dungeons and raids under those conditions.
    Do you think that is fair for the rest of the people doing LFR with them? no it is not, and in the end is one of the reasons they have to dumb down LFR.
    And still some people want Normal difficulty to be queuable like LFR.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    And why is it wrong that only people that do normal, heroic or mythic will get an exclusive skin to their artifact?
    Because it makes no sense, the PVP one requires world quests not arena, the questing one doesn't require you to unlock every artefact trait, the hidden one doesn't require something equally outlandish. It's just this one that has been changed to have an unrealistic requirement.

IMO when they removed the ability to do it in LFR they should have made it the second colour and made the world boss or dungeons ones the base skin for unlocking that row.

Where you just as upset that mythic hfc and brf rewarded people with an exclusive mount? Heck, even heroic HFC did.
    I'm not upset I'm disappointed, because unlike the other raiders laughing at the misfortunes of others I think we should all standing together whenever Blizzard screws over an area of the player base. But no I don't see any similarity between this and the mounts we got in previous expansions as those mounts weren't advertised as a big selling point of those expansions.