Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Almost-neverending world quests

Practically-neverending 5mans

Neverending sources of warforged gear chances up to mythic ilevel and chances for legendary items each.

I personally started not doing world quests that much. It started with not caring about rep, then it moved to not doing gold and resources missions, and now I moved to not caring about the AP quests either, the lower ones at least. There is simply too much going on to find it sane to grind all those sources of gains.
    Time to try and control your OCD. Yes, you could in theory be doing mythic+ 24/7 and if you aren't, you're missing out on potential AP. But really, does it matter? Who cares? In a couple of months you'll be near decked out in your weapon, even without tryharding every world quest and spamming mythic+.

Don't burn out on trying to complete everything. Just be happy there's shit to do. What would you rather have anyways? Every WQ being weekly? Weekly lockout on every dungeon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    Time to try and control your OCD.
    Time to read more than the title. I already don't do much.

Deleted
    1) Don't feel that you are forced to play.
    2) Play if you want to play
    3) Enjoy the game. Why are people even playing if they don't?
    4) Don't worry too much.
    5) Take a day or week off. It might do people good.

In 1 year you are going to laugh at yourself having spent 10 hours a day or even more in the first few months on legion. Gear you get now is worthless then. So what is it all about if you don't enjoy it now?
    Simply don't overdo it. Only play if you are having fun.

Deleted
    We should stop making this threads about too much grind, too much things to do. If Blizzard reads them they will make another WoD and stop working in adding new and repeatable content to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do I do with all the timesinks? Sinktime obviously. Lots of it.

Deleted

Neverending sources of warforged gear chances up to mythic ilevel and chances for legendary items each.

I personally started not doing world quests that much. It started with not caring about rep, then it moved to not doing gold and resources missions, and now I moved to not caring about the AP quests either, the lower ones at least. There is simply too much going on to find it sane to grind all those sources of gains.
    The problem is WoW had so little stuff to do in the last expansion that you just completed everything and run circles around your garrison. And people got stuck with that mentality i need to do everything to keep up to date. This expansion is broken down 1 big thing to do in 50 smaller ones. I got to a point where im good for raiding, i dont worry much about my still-to-drop legendary, it will come when it comes. I do emissiary and a few worlds that give alot of AP. Mythics i run whit guildies on a fast track and do a few mythic + ones when i have time.

For years, gaming companies have tried to topple WoW as the top MMO. The reason they all failed is because they tried to do it by offering better graphics, better designed encounters, more content, innovative content, and every single one of them failed. The reason they failed is that they all were antisocial.

The first gaming company that sits down and says the top priority is establishing and building an in-game community FIRST, and then build great content SECOND, is the one that topples World of Warcraft. Sure, the great content is very important but an in-game community is ESSENTIAL.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

OMG There is to much stuff for me to do! This is horrible! :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trexer View Post
    The problem is WoW had so little stuff to do in the last expansion that you just completed everything and run circles around your garrison. And people got stuck with that mentality i need to do everything to keep up to date.
    There might be an issue of balance if we see it technically. There are people right now on 25 or 26 traits on the weapon while others are on 21. The 5mans can also bring extremely better chances for gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    OMG There is to much stuff for me to do! This is horrible! :|
    Competition-wise, it can be horrible actually. I don't mind too much personally but I can see the issue exists at least partially. You can right now grind 5mans for tremendously better chances and gains at gear and artifact power.

Legion from a technical perspective is excellent. Mostly bug free, lots of new innovations, tons of things to do. But I took one look at the offering and could tell immediately people were get bored of it fast. Because its antisocial. Technically a superior game. In practice, Legion will fail.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    I mainly do the world quests for the chest (4 of them each day) + suramar grind daily (if/when I can; some days, I just can't bring myself to do them, even though they're easy)

But between the reputation grind (suramar) , 4 world quests, daily heroic (for ap), mythic (ap and possibly gear) and random world quests (for ap, professions and order resources), heroic + mythic raids, I have to say, it's a bit too much to do. I haven't had time for my alts in a long time...I haven't had time to run a single battleground either.

I don't even know why I'm doing the daily 4 world quests, I haven't seen a single legendary so far. Somewhere between all these, I should also grind some gold (raiding is quite expensive on my realm; one flask = 4k; 4 flasks per raid; add in potions, 375 food etc)...but I haven't had much time for that either.

All I can say is "try to prioritize", I guess. In my case, that means finishing one thing (suramar rep) before moving on to the next one. I plan to finish grinding to exalted with suramar and then just let the other reputations reach exalted from the daily chests (1500 rep + quests, iirc). I'm hoping they won't add more "necessary" reputations after this one.

There is a lot to do right now, perhaps too much. But perhaps we're not meant to finish it all in 4 weeks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Legion from a technical perspective is excellent. Mostly bug free, lots of new innovations, tons of things to do. But I took one look at the offering and could tell immediately people were get bored of it fast. Because its antisocial. Technically a superior game. In practice, Legion will fail.
    I wouldn't say it's antisocial. You can join a guild, you can find friends, nothing prevents you. What it is though is repetitive after a point. The WQs are pretty much repetitive after you see them for 3 to 5 weeks and the 5mans are practically neverending in bringing chances at better gains which can be an issue for competition since the ones that grind will always have an advantage which is not the same as before this time, this time the advantages are very impactful mainly because of the AP and the gear drops.

I've finally accepted that this xpac will be dominated by people that lucked into RNG legendaries. The first week of raid I was pushing top dps without any legendaries. This week the 3 guildies that got them were the top 3 dps.

But I don't hate this, in fact, I found myself relaxing during the raid - not pushing top dps like last week, and enjoying the slight carry from the legendary wielders. I still make sure im top 10 - but now I don't even have to play as hard thanks to a few getting legendaries. It's better that way.

I am already seeing this with the sheer number of guildies that have already quit.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by randomforum View Post
    perhaps we're not meant to finish it all in 4 weeks?
    That's perfectly fine. The issues that may arise are mainly competition related. I don't personally mind too much about it because I don't compete on a very high level but I can see a very high impact of grinding on competition. This is NOT the same with other expansions. You could get minor gains on those with some excessive grinding but this time it gets out of hand. You can never stop getting important gains of AP or gear drops which was never the case before. It was capped before to daily and weekly saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I am already seeing this with the sheer number of guildies that have already quit.
    Not sure I agree its anti-social. Sure WQ's are just a bunch of people running around tagging stuff, but Mythic + gives you the incentive to group with other people. Certainly its much more social than WoD was. Professions brought a social element back into the game, world bosses, harder WQ's that may require a friend or two to help, etc.

I've started to ramp down quite a bit since the expansion was released and that will often happen to people you've gone full force for a month and then you start winding down. I wouldn't say I'm bored yet but I'm certainly not worried about doing every single WQ like I was before.

I wouldn't say it's antisocial. You can join a guild, you can find friends, nothing prevents you. What it is though is repetitive after a point. The WQs are pretty much repetitive after you see them for 3 to 5 weeks and the 5mans are practically neverending in bringing chances at better gains which can be an issue for competition since the ones that grind will always have an advantage which is not the same as before this time, this time the advantages are very impactful mainly because of the AP and the gear drops.
    AGAIN, you are missing the point. What is a social MMO? A social MMO is one with a vibrant in-game community. When you give players the OPTION to be antisocial, they all will take it and the in-game community dies. Then your MMO sucks. That's why it is simply not good enough to say "well you options to be social". Antisocial play options must be removed. If they aren't removed, the in-game community dies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I've finally accepted that this xpac will be dominated by people that lucked into RNG legendaries. The first week of raid I was pushing top dps without any legendaries. This week the 3 guildies that got them were the top 3 dps.
    That's a very minor issue from legendaries. The main issue is that they have bad luck protection, but, on a game with neverending sources of increasing that bad luck protection. That is a critical case of imbalance if you compare to extreme cases, e.g. someone running 5mans all day compared to someone raiding only.

- - - Updated - - -

AGAIN, you are missing the point. What is a social MMO? A social MMO is one with a vibrant in-game community. When you give players the OPTION to be antisocial, they all will take it and the in-game community dies. Then your MMO sucks. That's why it is simply not good enough to say "well you options to be social". Antisocial play options must be removed. If they aren't removed, the in-game community dies.
    People are antisocial, not games. You can make the most "social" game you want and people might still act like dicks. In fact, people could remove the rose tinted glasses and see that Vanilla was full of trolling. They were younger back then and may not remember most of the time. Real life is giving options to socialize or not socialize too. I don't see what prevents you from socializing in this game. If you actually want to do it you will do it. What do you want? Blizzard to hand-hold you to a friend? find a friend. It won't be stopped by Blizzard.

When people say "There's a lot of content but I'm strangely bored." That's not a reason to laugh. What people are feeling is that they are not interacting with a community of people and players can only take that for so long before they logoff and go do something more social.

From the artifact leveling stand point, there is very little sense in doing everything possible every day. People that are extra try hards are going to finish their artifact in something between 30-34 weeks (depending on their OCD control ) But due to nature of artifact knowlege % gains, an average Joe Luckluster is going to catch up to them in 3-4 weeks (for a total of up to 40 weeks). Unless you are in the world's first race, there are fery few advantages to pushing yourself to the limit imo.