Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    Fingers crossed, then. I'll open a ticket and ask, but I dunno how reliable an answer I'll get - the GM's are bloody useless these days. Just reply with copy-pastes from WoWhead.
    Found post on Reddit and another one on the official forums with people getting Glory of the Legion Hero and not being able to use the skin D:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...of_the_legion/
    http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613414110

Very weird and backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    the first skin unlock the appearance the others only the color, the entire row is supposed to be a gift for organized raiding culminating with the legion hero achievement.
    The Legion Hero is for Mythic dungeons. Every appearance other than the first has nothing to do with raiding. It makes no sense to assume that the entire line is intended to be a raiding reward; if it were, they would require raiding achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Found post on Reddit and another one on the official forums with people getting Glory of the Legion Hero and not being able to use the skin D:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...of_the_legion/
    http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613414110

Very weird and backwards.
    That is really silly. Here's hoping they come to their senses; it's utterly retarded to lock the Unleashed Monstrosities skin behind the Balance of Power skin.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2016-09-30 at 01:35 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Why? If it's to see the story what does it matter that it drops lesser gear than WQ's? In many cases WQ's require more effort.
    I imagine if it's only worth doing once (Which I don't agree with, and I think most people are ignoring that the NH will reward 840+, most likely, too, the mid-raid in 7.1 is gonna reward higher than 835+, too), the theory is that most casuals will get bored and quit.

TBH, I think they should up LFR EN to 840 base and mythic dungeon standard to 850 base. As is, both are probably going to be far abandoned in a couple of months otherwise for not rewarding anything, queue times are gonna go up (WAY UP), and people will probably start to get bored without enough lower tier repetitive content until whenever in 2017 Blizzard decides to drop NH. That, or Blizzard needs to start throwing in some new World quests. (Those don't need their base ilvl rewards to go up, though).

Truth be told, I'd have probably unsubbed at the end of the release of the final LFR wing until 7.1 came out if (This is mostly from burning my own self out, moreso than it has to really do with the game) I hadn't of activated four months worth of tokens to delete a character that was holdin' em during the prepatch invasion event, where I went alt-crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    The Legion Hero is for Mythic dungeons. Every appearance other than the first has nothing to do with raiding. It makes no sense to assume that the entire line is intended to be a raiding reward; if it were, they would require raiding achievements.

That is really silly. Here's hoping they come to their senses; it's utterly retarded to lock the Unleashed Monstrosities skin behind the Balance of Power skin.
    sorry i intended for organized group only be it dungon or raid or even world boss, even the legion hero isn't doable in heroic anymore have anyone noticed they moved it to mythic.

this show again that the problem for blizzard isn't the difficulties but the automated system.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2016-09-30 at 01:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Mostly because I don't do normal, heroic, or mythic+
    I don't see why you woulden't. Why settle for the lowest gear lvl?

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I don't see why you woulden't. Why settle for the lowest gear lvl?
    I'm too much of a coward to deal with strangers, mostly! I have done at least two mythics recently, though! So who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I always thought LFR was set up so people that didn't want to (or couldn't) raid, could simply have the opportunity to see the content. I never looked at it as a way to get good gear.
    Outside of DS (for about a fortnight when filling in set bonuses) it wasn't really a way to get good gear unless you were way behind the progression curve.

Oddly, because of the War/Titan/MEGA-forged mechanic it genuinely is an opportunity for good gear now, even if the average drops are going to be total shit.

Didn't know an extra source of potential Legendary drops was so trivial to you. Not everything that drops from WQs has the right stats. You might be able to get something with a similar base and potential ilvl from LFR. Maybe you're just gearing up and you were crushed at work last month. Maybe there aren't enough WQs dropping the gear you need for every slot. Maybe entitled idiots who are already geared need to shut up about content that isn't designed for them.

I got legendary from first boss in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I bet the hardcore are not happy now because the enchant and pot are so expensive.
    The hardcore and semi hardcore farm their own mats. It's never been easier to farm mats, personally I don't get why everything is so expensive but I won't complain as it is easy gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even if its trivial, ppl will SOMEHOW to wipe there.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I dunno, at the very least I'm gonna try and grab the LFR tier set on my priest. It's a pretty decent transmog, if nothing else.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2016-09-30 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    World Quests tell you exactly which slot.
    It is more useful than the random LFR drop.

World Quests is FOTM.

I don't see why anyone wants to run LFR 2nd time.

Edit: LFR cannot even do the quest (Essence of Power).
    It is out of favorite.
    It is really sad that Blizzard doesn't balance the reward.
    Instead, it "forces" us to do this or that content.

I bet the hardcore are not happy now because the enchant and pot are so expensive.
    LFR has been rather trivial for quite some time now. Its not really to get gear, but to the see the content and the world quest and the lack of being able to do artifact quest via LFR only enforces that point of view.

Regarding the pots being so expensive I really think its simply because WoD destroyed the economy. The only people that really use pots are the hardcore raiders, these same hardcore raiders have been selling Archimonde kills for 30k a pop for the last year. Once they run out of gold (and a bunch of them will eventually since the gravy train has come to a halt) the consumable prices will drop. I can't promise by how much but they will. This is in addition to the raid being only 2 weeks old.

Edit: Perhaps the world quest won't have such a big problem with the next tier? Are the world quest rewards going to be upgraded patch to patch? If they don't then LFR will reign supreme over world quest in the next tier.
    Last edited by Aeriedk; 2016-09-30 at 02:30 PM.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Really depends on if the set bonus is worth taking a massive hit in ilvl. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

- - - Updated - - -

And that stupid thread on the official forums that the CM encouraged where it actually applauded people for being bad at the game and NOT wanting to get better. I'm sorry, but not wanting to improve yourself in any arena of life is shameful be it work, leisure, or otherwise.
    You have to remember that it's a game, if you want to improve on something why not pick something of value(in their eyes) instead of wasting time.

It might be very important to you, but we are all different.

The problem with WQs is that they're also RNG. I think in general I get 2, maybe 3 WQs per week that gives an epic reward. And sometimes it's the same slot. Something like LFR you can run once a week and it doesn't change the fact that you might get lucky with WQs as well. Just holding out for that one WQ quest is silly because A) you might never get it, or have to wait for 4 months to get the right slot, and B) maybe you miss the window when that epic item you need is a reward, because you can't play WoW that day.

So I think LFR definitely has a purpose even with WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    questlines and gear kept us going previous expansions.

people been whining on freebie gear for years and arguing that lfr shouldn't reward gear

now you have to do mythic +3 to beat trivial questing gear

yet best expansion ever nominee. my next thread is teens invading my guild...
    Um, Quests reward 800 gear, WQ's scale with your average ilvl up to a max of 840. Soooo. You know you can get into +3 so you can progress further.
    But I'm happy to see peoples abilities to only make things bad is still strong.

Raid finder is so people can see content, it was never intended to give good gear. When tier comes out it still will though

Is this any different from WoD, where LFR gear was worse than what I could get from Tannan Jungle? LFR hasn't been relevant for a while, outside of a way for non-raiders to get legendary quest items.

I want to know what would happen if we upped the ilvl requirement and just made LFR queueable normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    That'll be a shame - would love to see Normal mode become close to 75% off who goes to LFR as this would mean players are working in community

That is a bit of a moving target.

Even if that % is hit, it does not absolutely mean that players are all that involved in the community. Since Normal has the general reputation of being doable by "family guilds", it could just mean that more families are taking part, with mostly family ties and very little interaction with the raiding community.

And even if that is not the case, Normal is not exactly known for being a social experience.

To be honest, Normal is probably only looked on as favorable by most raiders because LFR exists. If LFR if were ever to actually disappear, then all the hate towards it would likely just shift to Normal Mode. Within a year or two, there would be massive crusades to have the easy mode that is Normal removed.