Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I made mythic groups on my SHADOW PRIEST with ilvl 820 this morning, no issue. It's really not hard to progress, but sure if you want to be lazy AF and just sit and hope a 2x DPS + Tank + Healer group will pick you, then I have bad news for you; It wont happen unless you play a FOTM dps spec with 850+ ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Absolutely correct. They live in a bubble.

"Make your own group" my arse. Yeh, sure, my 842 arcmage will start a mythic group and stare at group finder for 2 hours.

Oh wait. No I won't.
    The second you get a Hybrid class DPS join the group change their roll to Healer/Tank, bait a Healer/Tank in and change them back. It's scummy but to be honest it's the kind of level you need to bring yourself to if you actually want to form a group.

Personally I had no issues forming a Mythic group on my Hunter at 830'ish ilvl then a Mythic+ at 840'ish, but I'm pretty lucky in WoW in general so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post
    I more-or-less did fuck all to get to where I am at on my main account. I am at 849 and have done one full clear of normal Emerald Nightmare, one mythic and heroics as required by quests. Everything else has been from world quests.

You really don't need to do a whole lot to get 840+ ilevel.
    840 ilevel isn't really the norm anymore. Most of the groups I join tend to ask for 855+. Might be different for others tho, but that's my experience these days.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Players gating players is the biggest problem in wow.
    No, the biggest problem is majority of playerbase is completely unskilled and unless you filter those out by being in a semi-hardcore guild you're in for a painful experience. Pugs sucked, suck and will suck and no ilvl barrier will stop this.

I went to a pug HOV+3 and the amount of asspulling, dying to stupid shit (like the dps standing in the tank blast on Hyrja), and cluelessness on tactics (healer dies on Skovald because instead of moving to shield runs around in circles like he sat on a bee) made me swear never pug mythic+ again, only go with guild. Even socials (non raiders) in my guild do better than that.

Majority of playerbase can only beat content they overgear by 20+ ilvls, therefore ilvl requirements will stay high in pugs, and the wide availability of easy gear makes it only worse (WQ giving 840+, especially the pvp quests, the usual +2 keystone carry, crafted gear, luckers getting legendaries out of daily cache so no effort etc.)

Exactly the same happened in WOD when they gave 700 / 710 welfare pvp gear, the pug requirements for mythic dungeons swiftly jumped from 680+ to 710+.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-09-30 at 02:22 PM.

We re basically saying the same thing however right now solo players are given too much freedom to continue their soloing be it by buying boosts or selling their keystones or not needing to do anything because world quests make the world go around.
    I don't completely agree with this. I have guildmates (and I would have been a buyer myself if the timing worked out) that bought CM Boost. In fact,y ou can probably talk to a number of the boost sellers and they'll tell you most of the people are in guilds. There was a ton of guilded people just on my server who bought the heroic Archie kill for the mount, because their guild cound't get it done or was off on break.

So what happens if you love your guild, but your skill is higher then theirs? It's not anti-social, its not making this a Solo player game. People are using the game's tools to find people and complete objectives. Sounds like it's working as intended to me. Just like the old raids where people had "items on reserve". It's the players who join those groups that are the problem, not the people who learned they could make such rules and still get people to join.

If I joined a Mythic+6 and the fella said he was sitting at the door, I'm leaving. If you and 3 of your friends are willing to "pay" that person's asking price for the key, that's your choice and it's the correct choice for you. It's has nothing to do with solo play. I can almost guarantee that if certain people in my guild find out they can do it and get away with it, they will do it. And while we are all raiding together he'll tell us how he did it.

typically i've seen ones saying whisper your key and if we like it we will carry you for free.. never seen any charging for a carry using your key. I haven't done it (yet) but likely will as my guild just isn't going to come back to life it seems.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

We re basically saying the same thing however right now solo players are given too much freedom to continue their soloing be it by buying boosts or selling their keystones or not needing to do anything because world quests make the world go around.

For me as a guild master its a big problem to incentivitize players to go RBG when they can get bigger and better gear from raiding. Finding even 5 like minded people is next to impossible even in full pop servers. People just want to consume content fast and get gear. Glory and titles are only relevant for very few of us and as such its very hard to progress atm.

If someone can sell his +5 keystone and get stuff you can't convince them to run RBGs 3 days per week with end result MAYBE an 840 piece. Same for raiding. Not sure what blizzard can do but they have certainly not given it any thought at all and now its already out of control.
    The majority of the playerbase do not want to raid, get over it. It isn't a "problem" blizzard have to solve it's the simple fact that most players like doing some things in groups and some things solo. Many players do not want to play on a schedule, or feel an obligation towards a guild. They just want to log in and have fun so who the hell are you to deem solo content as some kind of "problem"?

The players who believe that anything noteworthy in-game must be in group content are expressing some kind of psychological issue.

Ya this really is just not an issue. At least on us. I don't understand why everyone here acts like the solution isn't "don't play with these people."
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    that because people who say it are season raiders in raid guild with real id filled with other raiders - they have no f.. .clue how the game looks like for 95 % of playerbase - they will keep saying it like mantra as if it woudl make it nay more true
    I am no raider. I make my own group on a regular basis. I have few issues. Oh and I am DPS. On average, depending on what time I am playing it takes about 15-20 minutes. Less during peak and more late at night. I was able to get ilvl 837 (currently 848) with only doing a few heroics and the rest world quest gear and one crafted piece that I upgraded to 835. All I am saying is that, no it's not instant, you do have wait. But its also not that bad. I only generally play 2 hours or so a night. 2 and a half at most. I can generally get two mythics done in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Everyone loves saying this for some reason, but it has never worked at all for me, so there's that. "Make your own group" as a 830 (or lower) DPS
    Actualy even with a high ilvl if your DPS your screwed I'd say. When I tank I tend to look for groups who already have a healer and when I'm on healign spec I look for group with a tank already. I'll only pick one of the many 3dps group seeking for tank/heals if I have too and well most of the time I find it more convenient to just start my own so I can choose my DPS teamate.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Absolutely correct. They live in a bubble.

"Make your own group" my arse. Yeh, sure, my 842 arcmage will start a mythic group and stare at group finder for 2 hours.

Oh wait. No I won't.
    Typical response from an entitled dps. If you want fast groups you need to play a desired role. Otherwise deal with staring at the group finder for "2 hours" or join a guild. If you don't want to be bothered then don't complain about not getting groups.

God forbid you need some social interaction and motivation to get something accomplished.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I like how you call them "entitled". That's not even what the word means here. If anyone is "entitled" it's the people in the other roles who expect instant invites to everything.
    entitled: believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

Player picks a dps, complains he can't find or form groups but won't play a healer or tank - how is that NOT entitled? If you play the most common role (by far) you don't get to complain that it's hard to find a group - that's what happens when you are a dime a dozen - thinking you deserve insta invites as a role that isn't in demand is entitlement.

Tanks/healers getting instant invites isn't entitlement - it's supply and demand.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    How does this carrying actually work? Do you pay? How much?

I am honestly confused as to how you can carry if gold cannot be traded via crossrealm.

Deleted
    Done over 50 M+ so far. Haven't been carried through any except at the end of last week where we were out of keys and we took my freshly 110 alt with a +2 key through one. Haven't done carry groups either, just joined as many runs as I could.

How other people I don't play with choose to use their keys is none of my business, nor is it any of yours.

Yet another complete non issue brought to you by the MMO Champion forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post

I am honestly confused as to how you can carry if gold cannot be traded via crossrealm.
    You provide the key for a +2-3 dungeon and a much better geared group carries you through it. You hopefully get 3 chests, there's a whole bunch of loot, everyone wins. But as is the nature of people here, someone had to complain about things that don't affect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post

You "pay" with your low level (+2/+3/+4) keystone. The group runs through the dungeon sufficiently quick to get 3 chests at the end without needing you to contribute anything (but it is of course welcome).

I've done a bunch of plus 2 and 3 carries all we ask is for you keystone and that you do what you can dps wise we get 3 chests and everyone wins only problem I've had is a couple people who put keystones in before the entire group was zoned in.The issue now is the groups forming that aren't actually capable of carrying and fucking everything up.

- - - Updated - - -

So why is that better from finding 4 randoms and using everyone's keystones in a row if the group is nice?

And the worst part is: People "reserve" their keystones for their guilds and use others with the excuse of "boosting" them. May be ok for the keystone holder but doesn't change the fact its not intended.
    First I never said it was better and yea I reserve my keystone for my group because it's a plus 10 and I'm not going to pug that. I didn't say it was better it's just an alternative available to people who choose to use it nobody forces you to get carried. I use no excuse saying I'm boosting anyone I want the artifact power and possible titanforged and the person getting carried wants a clean run and loot etc. I'm not going to stop doing it because people don't like it. It's the most efficient way to farm AP in the game right now.

Deleted
    Where there is demand, there is supply. Not much you can do about it.

I've never met a guild that didn't have the same attitude, even if they were casual as hell. The moment you join they act like you're married to them or something, meh.
    I don't know really are you exaggerating or being serious. I can't remember ever being in a guild that would kick someone for missing 1 raid in 2 years. Therefore I assume this kind of attitude must be reserved for server-top or world-race hardcore guilds.

I've never met a guild that didn't have the same attitude, even if they were casual as hell. The moment you join they act like you're married to them or something, meh.
    I don't know what kind of guilds you've been in then. I sometimes have to miss a raid and I just give some notice or if its an emergency just text the GM. Hell we had 2 people just not show up at all yesterday with nothing said and they are still in the guild.