• Legion is better than MoP and WoD

203 45.52%
  • Legion is worse than MoP and WoD

21 4.71%
  • Legion is better than MoP but worse than WoD

3 0.67%
  • Legion is better than WoD but worse than MoP

159 35.65%
  • I have a different opinion which I am sharing below.

60 13.45%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    That bite was cute, but since I have seen Trample Damage + Impalement, I'll stick with the Bull being the larger, meaner animal. Thanks.
    Firstly remember the guy in your picture put a lot of effort into pissing that bull off, the people attacked by the panda were just trying to say hello. I'll concede you might have a point when people start fighting pandas armed with bright cloths and a few pointy sticks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I didn't start MoP before halfway into the expansion because of GW2, but I kinda regretted that, because when I finally did all the content, it was great. The beginning with the massive amount of dailies was probably not very good, but after that it seems to have been a great expansion. Legion is currently in a good position, but I thought WoD was that as well in the beginning. It all comes down to how good the post-launch content is. With 7.1 coming before Nighthold, things seems promising though.
    With Legion the total number of world quests probably rivals MoP's dailies, but by putting the emissary quests in there's a "natural" cut-off so anything beyond feels optional. It's a good way of making sure people neither run out of stuff too easily like we did I WoD, but don't feel forced like we did in MoP.

MoP was a great addon, no reason to excuse for it oO

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    MoP was a great addon, no reason to excuse for it oO
    Lots of people felt that gating so much behind the daily quest rep-grinds detracted from the expansion. Maybe not everyone felt that way, but it was enough to get Blizzard to overcompensate and give us so little to do in WoD. Couple that with the pretty dismal 5-man content (which were overcompensating for the response to Cata's heroics) and that's why I found MoP to be one of then least enjoyable expansions.

honestly the only hate MoP got was for a fucking long time spent in SoO (but we all spent a long time in Dragon Soul and ICC... cause fuck ruby sanctum) and people who hated on it for asian theme and 'kung fu panda'

Still probably had the BEST overall regions and story telling around. I know i enjoyed hitting up each zone more so than other places and didn't mind running around for each area and shit. WoD... I safely closed my account for months and felt assured I wasn't going to miss much. and I was right. Showed up later looking around and it was all "wait... you guys had a content patch that just added selfies? no raid?"

Half of mop's story was shit, the overall plot was shit (fighting our emotions, are you fucking kidding me?), only purge of dalaran and invasion off ally/horde and wrathion were interesting, the characters were insufferable (lorewalker dipshit and his grandfather voice, taran fuckface and his condescending voice), the first raids were a JOKE (terrace of endless bullshit, which had even less content and artwork than Trial of the Crusader - at least that one had fun fights), can't even remember any of the dungeons, they were that insipid, world of farmville and pokemon, pandaren remained as dumb as when we found them, they still think they can sit on their dicks all day drinking beer and loving each other and that's how you protect the world.

Pandaria should have been limited to wandering isle, and the new continent should have had maybe ONE zone with pandaren settlements, the rest should have immediately broken off from all that fucking china copy paste and martial arts/spiritual bullshit.

Same thing with Storm Peaks. One zone was GREAT, ok, viking mythos, but ffs now stormheim too with Odyn and valkyries and shit give me a break...what's next, Ragnarok?

On top of that pandaland had shit content, it was all about dailies and dailies and more dailies. 2 years of fucking dailies and sitting around major cities with nothing else to do on the continent.

My humble opinion,

MoP sucked ape balls

WoD sucked monkey balls

Legion sucks Harambe's balls

They all suck.

MoP doesn't need apologizing for
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The sha didn't happen if someone was angry. It was released when the Horde and Alliance started a war on Pandria and their blood soaked into the soil.
    The sha has always been there, but the sheer amount of negative emotions brought by the alliance / horde conflict increased the goo's number insanely.

Deleted
    I don't think any apology is needed for MoP, apart from the initial tsunami of dailies for very little reputation gained, it was great.

Deleted
    Yes, it was always there, but it was the blood from the Horde and Alliance conflict that awoken the sha, and it continued to manifest due to all the killing and negative energy.
    Still, my inital post is true, as the pandaren needed to avoid bloody internal conflict because of the sha.

Not really, because you said it was due to negative emotions. It was FAR more than just thinking ill of your neighbor.
    Technically. Ill effects of teh sha could theoretically emerge like off such things.

But it seemed to be a sort of you get out what is put in. A sha of minor annoyance isn't going to haev teh same effect as sha of mass murder all living souls.

From what we saw, most of the sha shit was sealed off and away by someone long before we showed up to basically ruin whatever protective wards were in place.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loving Mythic+ dungeons, absolutely love them. I was also very fond of MoP though and its content patch strategy was excellent. Legion seems to be following a similar strategy with 7.1 so I'm all on board.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Firstly remember the guy in your picture put a lot of effort into pissing that bull off, the people attacked by the panda were just trying to say hello. I'll concede you might have a point when people start fighting pandas armed with bright cloths and a few pointy sticks.
    Yes, because walking up to a bull and just saying hello works out well. I'm done. Thanks.

Mists was the early introduction to the "RNG" bullshit we have in Legion today, but MoP at least had catchup mechanics which were shit, but dooable.

Compared to today, the RNG is literally the defining method of getting new gear and progression and its absoleute crap.

Legion has -alot- of content that makes it better than WoD, but the fact it retained WoD's RNG philosophy of "Lets just RNG everything" is a load of shit that needs to die in a fire.

Fuck the bonus roll system, bring back Valor and Justice gear.

Also, the command table is just completely pointless in Legion, in WoD it had the purpose of being pretty much the only shit you will ever do since raiding was the only alternative. In Legion it feels like a niche that holds back Class storyline for no other reason than "because we can".

Basically, its shit, getting rid of it would loose nothing.

In addition to this, the leveling is aweful, worse than any previous expansion in terms of alt friendly progression, the reputation grind is one of the worst we've had next to MoP and honestly it could not -be- worse when it comes to the lack of end game.

Legion has alot of end game, but all of it amounts to nothing, you do hundreds of world quests each week getting no real gear after 835 because thats the limit the world quest gear will progress to. You get -no- additional progression outside reputation which you're only ever going to do once for every faction but Suremar because rep is utterly meaningless besides getting it for the broken shores pathfinder achievement.

Im not looking for things to hate about Legion, im saying that anyone thinking Legion is a shining sunrise is deluding themselves. Its better than WoD, yes, but its far from close to MoP and it will -never- be Wrath.

Until they fix the RNG issue, until they fix the fact followers are utterly meaningless once you've done class progression (and they're forcing them to be attunement progression which is bullshit tbh). Until they fix the fact that there is honestly -no- point in not giving people flying in Broken Shores at least in pre Suremar/Shores/Eye zones.

Legion is currently standing at a 6.5 to just scraping a 7/10 for me. Its storyline is amazing, its sheer amount of attention to previous expansions is stellar work, the new maps feel varied enough to give them divercity, the class stories are great when you can actually do them and the raiding is some of the best in years.

-But-

This game has so many glaring problems that even if it has some amazing qualities, it has so many bad ones that counter it. Right now they need to fix those before I can think of Legion as anything more. As it stands, its on -par- with Cataclysm in quality, making it maybe -just- a tad better than Cata was in terms of quality, but Wrath, MoP and to some extent even TBC are still better.

Quote Originally Posted by Menz View Post
    I disagree. Unless you mean from daily quests point of view only then maybe you are right.
    I mean overall
    Heroic Scenarios+dungeons+raiding+daily story content, 3 new bgs, new arenas
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    I'm only speakiing about why it did happen, not what could also have happened. In MoP it wasn't released because a bunch of people just got angry (like his initial post said), it was a combination of bloodly conflict and negative energy.
    Fighting manifestations of nasty emotions is just dumb imo, and that was my point right from the start

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    Fighting manifestations of nasty emotions is just dumb imo, and that was my point right from the start
    Why would it be dumb if I may ask.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    MoP was a wonderful expansion and WoD wasn't nearly as bad as many people condemn it for. That said, Legion is another really good expansion, thus far.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Rares
    I think MoP had the best "rare" mobs system, 30-60mins respawn timer, give around 1-2% xp of a level and they were challenging, as they have punishing mechanics. They also dropped intresting loot (rep whistle, xp potion, toys, crafting materials, ...)

I remember leveling some alts back in 5.0.5 just by running around MoP's beautiful zones, killing rares. And even at 90 I would still farm them from time to time, for their goods bags, and gear drops for disenchanting.
    This paired with shared tags and scaling mechanic would be amazing, imo.

I vastly prefered that system over "vignette" mobs that WoD introduced.

Gearing
    Overall prefered gearing prior to 5.2, which introduced "Thunderforged" and the things we have now with Warforged, Titanforged and random Legendaries.

Not sure about general itemization, I definitely liked the old system, where I could enchant most of my gear, gem my most desired stats, and reforge gear with bad stats. This allowed for some variety and complexity, especially in PvP-Builds. Though it surely was annoying, especially on my druid, where I had to carry 3 different gear sets, with different gems and enchants. I'm unsure about this.

Flying
    I think flying gated behind a sort of "pathfinder" achievement is good, I prefer it to not flying at all, but also to just buying it for gold (how it was in MoP).

Professions
    Overall MoP's profession system was a little better, imo. I don't like RNG deciding if I get a rank3 technique. However, I like the questlines to unlock recipes.

Conclusion
    Really loved MoP. I enjoyed doing heroic scenarios with my friends, doing challenge modes with OpenRaid groups.
    The content pacing was really good, aside from 5.4 lasting ages, of course. (Can't speak for T14-T15 raids - correct me if it didn't feel good for raiders, I'm talking about the story patches.)

MoP's pre-patch was a let down for sure, Legions pre-patch was way better.

Though I can't say I prefer either expansion, I enjoy Legion a lot so far. Especially psyched about PvP system. I did a whole lot of BGs back in MoP and would have loved to see a "Prestige" system back then.
    Last edited by mmoc83c3477b24; 2016-09-30 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Also, the command table is just completely pointless in Legion, in WoD it had the purpose of being pretty much the only shit you will ever do since raiding was the only alternative. In Legion it feels like a niche that holds back Class storyline for no other reason than "because we can".

You forget the campmaign quests of wod being restricted by server reset?

a few 8-12 hour missions on top of level requirements isn't so bad in comparison.