Poll: Should reputation be account wide?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Account wide reputations would be cool but account wide secondary professions would be even cooler.

Please don't take away content from playing alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    The rewards for legion factions are pretty shit, most of the stuff you would want is BoA already like toys and pets, and then in the case of the nightfallen it's to gate content.

Other than that, there are theories going around that you may need exalted with certain reps to enable the means of getting hidden artifact appearances, but that's not confirmed.
    As far i know for unlocking 3rd relic spot, you need grind reputations with Legion factions and then finish about 30 world quests.

And 3rd relic gives big ilvl boost to weapon, and weapon ilvl increases dmg for melee classes in both pvp and pve

Personally I think a good compromise would be reputations of old content become account wide but keep current content split. You wont get any real strength benefit from it, maybe some convenience items but that is it. The only issue I would see with this would be where bloodsail and booty bay are involved. But having a few be exclusive but allowing most old contents to share would not be a balance issue. It is not asking for free handouts when asking for credit of what you have already done in a game that releases new classes and makes such sweeping class changes that it is not uncommon for people to change mains each expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    no. stop being bad. you get free epics and now you want free rep too?
    I think you have a very warped definition of "bad"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    The MoP system of increased rep gain for alts worked fine. Bring that back.
    This right here. I'd say maybe even introduce 'tiers' of it per character at exalted. Nightfallen desperately needs it though.

No. There should just be a catch-up mechanic for alts just like there was for (most) MoP factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    The MoP system of increased rep gain for alts worked fine. Bring that back.
    ^^ This 100% ^^

Respect the game design that requires some work put into becoming well liked by a faction...but also respect peoples time and make it faster on future characters once the player has put in the time once. The MoP system was balanced extremely well when it came to reputations imo.

No. Catch up mechanic would be nice, though.

I just want some hard rep grinds back which rewards attunments or something nice. Or just atunment quests for raids and stuff! (which could be acc wide or whatever, just hard to do).

I also hate that word, atunment? Attunment? Atument? Like, how?!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    As somebody forced to change main in Legion I say yes lol.

That or a paid options to swap main char (and transfer all highest reps to that char).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm curious if Legion is finally a tipping point for more people to request account wide reputations. Personally, I've always been a proponent of account wide everything, so I would've liked to have seen this implemented many years ago. What are your thoughts?
    No, Why should it be?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Yes it is, not being able to do our mythics especially if its the keystone absolutely does.
    Why not help him then?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    no. stop being bad. you get free epics and now you want free rep too?
    You mean be like me who has all the time in the world and the stomach to grind that sh*t all over again, especially suramar...

Deleted
    I don't know what should be done, but something SHOULD be done - and no, the MoP system wasn't good enough (it was SOMEWHAT good, but not good ENOUGH).

Who here wants to get exalted with Nightfallen on 5 chars? Even if you had the +100% rep for alts, seriously, we're talking exalted - you'd get 100 rep from a quest instead of 50. And you've got what, 6000+12000+21000 - 39,000? Say you average 250 per quest (with some item giving +100% for alts), is anyone going to want to get to exalted? really? 156 world quests PER CHARACTER? (not counting NF WQ chest)?

Rerolling is already incredibly bad (with the order hall campaign required for the 3rd relic; read "wait X days for Y missions to complete") and world quests and having to quest your way to 110 (because you need friendly for world quests).

It IS bad. Something *should* be done. I can't say what. Perhaps +400% rep item. Perhaps account-wide achievements and BOA items instead of BOP. Perhaps something else. What I do know is that rerolling is almost dead at this point. Starting another char/class just takes too long.

I vote MoP system, but in addition to it. I think every time you hit exalted it should double. So by the time you get exalted on 3 toons, it's cakewalk. If you have every class, the last one to hit exalted should only take about a week or less. I like to think about it like the family reputation. If my parents or friend knew someone and introduced me, it would make me seem a little more trusting than a stranger with no background.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    The simplest and best solution is if I get the faction(s) to exalted on alts I get bonus rep for any faction I already got to exalted. Heck, make the tabard one gets at exalted boa and have that have the bonus rep on it. So I send the tabard to the alt I want bonus rep on and while wearing it I get bonus rep. Pretty simple.
    I like this. Earning a tabard for your alt could prove their good standing with the faction.

As it stands now, rep grinding is one of the reasons i'm not playing any alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    I like this. Earning a tabard for your alt could prove their good standing with the faction.

As it stands now, rep grinding is one of the reasons i'm not playing any alts.
    It seems blizz misses the easy way to do things so often it makes me wonder how they even got this game that big in the first place. Seems the makers do.not actually play the game anymore and notice how annoying the rep grind will be for mutiple toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is why FFXIV will always remain superior in the QoL department for me when I'm not cockblocked from content when I switch to one of my two alt jobs and continue on my merry way and have fun.

I'm not a masochist and don't like doing the same repetitive shit as some fuck all way of validating extra content to do later on to an alt. That kind of MMO gameplay is extremely outdated and needs to be done away with in WoW once and for all.

I'm just playing my monk until they finally unlock faster/free ways to do shit on alts later on in the expansion when people finally tire of the bullshit.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk about account wide but I do hope there's catch up mechanics eventually. I'd hate to do suramar grind a third or fourth time even if I found it fun

bring back tabards is what we need, LK style rep while we do dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post
    Yes.

1. It would allow you to buy gear from quartermasters of past expansions while levelling, making it more interesting.
    2. Tabards. What's the point in account-wide t-mog if tabards, usually the hardest to farm, can't be worn unless you have the rep?
    Officially the reason is that Tabards are a show of support for that faction, and therefore should require the reputation.
    Personally I think that excuse is rubbish given how there is no requirement on mounts and pets which except in very few cases have no cost or additional restrictions placed upon them.
    Something transmog does have.
    So I would say that the reputation requirement for transmog should only ever apply to the first acquisition and never afterwards.
    It is I think fair to earn reputation for every new item you want from a faction, so each character that has a different profession or equipment proficiency etc.
    But equipment should not be the only items in an account-wide collection who's use is gated by reputation on a per-character basis.

The reputation requirements as gating works ONLY when there is that time between releases of content or features.
    When it is gating something there NOW then it doesn't.
    It made it more tolerable in Draenor when the flying was actually arriving in a later patch, but became somewhat tougher on those starting later or even post-flying due to the poorer ability to compete for the rares or lootables.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-09-30 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.