Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I disagree strongly that the world first race is an important part of the game. Maybe a community like MMO-C would have you believe so but the extreme majority of the playerbase likely doesn't know and/or doesn't care about it, I can practically guarantee it.

This isn't a game like League of Legends where you can watch it and see exactly the kind of serious and competitive razor-edge environment it is. Raiding is comprised of co-op PvE encounters and all competition is purely created by the players themselves.
    Well said and I completely agree, any competition outside PVP is completely community driven and the community that actually cares about that stuff is a small percentage of the player base.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Yea, World first to me is just a cool personal achievement for the people who did it. I mean who in the world wants to spend hours and hours a day prepping then hours upon hours of wiping? You're not even getting compensated for it. It just seems like a huge waste of time to ME.

I mean you can hate PvP all you want, but being really good in PvP can actually win you large sums of money and make a living off of it. With Raiding you can't do none of that.

I mean it's different strokes for different folks.
    Except high end teams are also sponsored, as well as providing a huge surge of new viewers on Twitch for them to grow on said platform. I'm not saying they're earning big bucks, but it's not like there's zero money involved. PvP in WoW isn't huge at all either outside of Blizzcon tournament really.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    This is the first raid of the TIER - this isn't the end boss of the TIER.. What, are they going to make the first raid of the tier effing impossible unless you have full 895? Also, just to put this into perspective: 895 is the highest ilvl you can get all the way THROUGH Nighthold.. meaning Trials of valor in BETWEEN Emerald Nightmare is also capped at 895, WITH Nighthold finishing off the tier at 895. So, people that are 880 somehow on wowprogress literally only have probably a month more to go before they are full 895, and sure the stat priority and everything like that could be better (trinkets, who knows), could all be much better in Nighthold, but the fact still stands, This was the easier raid in the tier - it was never meant to be a Heroic Rag experience (That would be MYTHIC Ragnaros today).

IMO, it was supposed to be easy, Blizzard did nothing wrong other than not fixing the damn bug so people could progress on Cenarius except Mother Russia (Although I am super happy MotherRussia DID IT <3 )
    Have you been under a rock? 895 is the cap for EN not Nighthold. Matter of fact, nighthold gear starts at 905.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurgasse View Post
    Having played in a pretty high level PvE guild, I can assure you that NO-ONE finds titanforging, warforging or random sockets on items to be a "fun" type of content. Random loots means you can never be trylu BiS and also reduces the incentive to have rerolls. Anyways...
    BIS was a dull part of the game and made developing a class boring. Get a list > Go run those dungeons until that item drops. /ResidentSleeper. The avenues in which I can get gear now makes the game more enjoyable for IMO the majority of the player base.

If you read his comment he said the game is designed for the Average player so the rant on High Level PvE is moot.
    Last edited by xpose; 2016-09-30 at 02:25 PM.

RNG loot ilvl is very dumb. RNG legendaries is very dumb. Being able to spam mythic+ ad infinitum in 1st week was very dumb.

It's impossible IMO to tune a raid to challenge people with the time and effort to min/max around all these idiosyncrasies of the loot system without making it impossible for mere mortals (until they outlevel the loot they are killing the boss to get). The only alternative is to down-tune encounters for the rest of the raiders after the hardcore guilds have had their fun in week 1/2.

I don't get why people are surprised the race was so short.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    BIS was a dull part of the game and made developing a class boring. Get a list > Go run those dungeons until that item drops. /ResidentSleeper. The avenues in which I can get gear now makes the game more enjoyable for IMO the majority of the player base.

If you read his comment he said the game is designed for the Average player so the rant on High Level PvE is moot.
    Please do not speak for the majority of the player base without having a clue. Nobody complained about how wow predictable loot system was before legion and nobody asked it to become world of diablo 3.

Currently the raiding progression system (which has been working fine in wow since vanilla) is broken due to how legendaries and M+ dungeons work.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-09-30 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Yeah, agreed. Nobody cares.
    +2, People don't even know who the top guilds are. I'd bet it's a small portion of the population who are older players that remember what the race used to be that still like to follow it. I can't imagine someone who started wow in Legion or WoD would care, why would they? Shits over in a month now.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Please do not speak for the majority of the player base without having a clue. Nobody complained about how wow predictable loot system was before legion and nobody asked it to become world of diablo 3.

Currently the raiding progression system (which has been working fine in wow since vanilla) is broken due to how legendaries and M+ dungeons work.
    "nobody complained" about how predictable the loot was, you're right. They just unsubscribed from the game and didn't come back until the next expansion. All the avenues of obtaining gear now and the positives reviews prove my point.

Let me know when you hit 7/7 mythic and then we can determine if progression is broken once you have actually attempted it.
    Last edited by xpose; 2016-09-30 at 06:20 PM.

Deleted
    "nobody complained" about how predictable the loot was, you're right. They just unsubscribed from the game and didn't come back until the next expansion. All the avenues of obtaining gear now and the positives reviews prove my point.
    Do you have actual data to support your statements ? The modern loot system has been in the game since late TBC/early WOTLK. The fact people were leaving had more to do with the decrease in quality of the developed content since WOTLK.

Also, I see a decent number of people complaining about how the M+ loot system works now that the system has been released (the positive review where written before it was implemented).

Let me know when you hit 7/7 mythic and then we can determine if progression is broken once you have actually attempted it.
    I don't need to be 7/7 mythic to determine that there is something utterly broken in the raiding progression system when you can get ilvl 895 items from non dungeons and non raid sources and ilvl 880 items from dungeons without any form of weekly lockouts.

Maybe you didn't partake in enough progression raiding yourself to see what is wrong in that. You might argue that ilvl isn't everything, well it would be right if encounters were more about clever tactics as they once were before WOTLK and less about the individual output of each player in the raid. As the difficulty in MM has currently more to do with tight DPS check than clever strategy, ilvl is everything.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-09-30 at 07:53 PM.

The only problem is with some players treating WoW like a job. You know how mythic raids wouldn't get cleared fast? If people actually played like normal human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    The only problem is with some players treating WoW like a job. You know how mythic raids wouldn't get cleared fast? If people actually played like normal human beings.
    Are you calling me a nerd?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurgasse View Post
    I know class stacking has been around forever but I don't remember it being so harsh as it has been this time.
    That's adorable. You must be new, Spine of Deathwing says "hi."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting