Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Fair enough, but in e issue at hand, this is a do the ends justify the means issue. Basically you can kill anyone without due process or proof, essentially governmental sanctioned killing. Rather than putting any real affort into trying to stop the problem at its roots. It's not that some innocent people will die, a lot of innocent people will die and we don't know who is actually a small time dealer or a user.. How does this have an impact on larger sellers? These guys ain't gettin killed by vigilantes in this mob justice. And there will always be a clientele.
    Yes I see that now, and earlier in this thread I even mentioned that sometimes the end does justify the means.

I think that I feel comfortable making that blanket statement, as harsh as it was, because I do not use meth(or other illegal drugs) or sell it, or know anyone that does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Yes I see that now, and earlier in this thread I even mentioned that sometimes the end does justify the means.

I think that I feel comfortable making that blanket statement, as harsh as it was, because I do not use meth(or other illegal drugs) or sell it, or know anyone that does.
    All well and good

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah I respect the man for telling it like it is.
    Are you from South park?

- - - Updated - - -

Because its impossible to be accused wrongly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Eating unhealthy food is harmful... every time it is done. Alcohol harms the body, every time it is ingested. Every possible use of them is harmful to the individual ingesting them to some degree. Should we also hold all those who sell such products accountable for the harm the person willingly did to himself?
    NO because the potential and propensity for harm is undeniably greater in both magnitude and scope for illegal drugs like meth and heroin, over cookies and margaritas. YOu can't argue that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Are you from South park?

- - - Updated - - -

Because its impossible to be accused wrongly.
    Never said it was, in fact earlier in the thread I argued AGAINST vigilante killings, which are in large part where the "wrongly accused" arguments draw their roots.

Deleted
    Did we really come to the point where a (drug) addiction is a disease?

Deleted
    Hitler was a CTO. And his followers were not that much more stupid than managers nowadays. You seriously think Eichmann had a grudge or any hatred against Jews? LOL no. He was appointed and did the most rational path to get more money per month. That's what the holocaust is about. And yes it has yet not ended. hahahahahahaha

NO because the potential and propensity for harm is undeniably greater in both magnitude and scope for illegal drugs like meth and heroin, over cookies and margaritas. YOu can't argue that

- - - Updated - - -

Never said it was, in fact earlier in the thread I argued AGAINST vigilante killings, which are in large part where the "wrongly accused" arguments draw their roots.
    So, now we're going back to potential harm? If we are, then guns are clearly more potentially harmful than all of those things combined. When it comes to propensity for harm, nothing beats alcohol and cigarettes, and it's not even close.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    Did we really come to the point where a (drug) addiction is a disease?
    Thank you.

So, now we're going back to potential harm? If we are, then guns are clearly more potentially harmful than all of those things combined. When it comes to propensity for harm, nothing beats alcohol and cigarettes, and it's not even close.
    thats disingenuous

a single bottle of beer or a single packet of cigarettes will do much less harm than a single bullet

7+ Year Old Account
    Youre again detracting from the whole point of this.

Illegal drugs are harmful to the community
    Illegal drugs are always damaging to the user or the buyer
    Consumption, sale, or purchase of illegal drugs, should be punished.

Stop bringing up other side topics
    cookies
    alcohol
    guns
    citagettes
    domestic violence

My point here, as it has always been, is that illegal drug use is harmful to both the user and the community, and it should be punished, perhaps by death, only if accompanied by a fair trial, with due process and incriminating evidence against a jury of the accused's peers, with vigilante justice being barred on account of a lack of a fair trial.

cookies
    alcohol
    guns
    citagettes
    domestic violence

My point here, as it has always been, is that illegal drug use is harmful to both the user and the community, and it should be punished, perhaps by death, only if accompanied by a fair trial, with due process and incriminating evidence against a jury of the accused's peers, with vigilante justice being barred on account of a lack of a fair trial.
    that leaves out the fact that illegal drug use is a factor of many different things, including societal status within a community

10+ Year Old Account
    Democracy is the surest path to oppression, and that has been proven time and time again throughout history.
    Thankfully we dont have a 'first past the pole' system, while it does make it really hard to push through big changes, it also prevents the extremes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    that leaves out the fact that illegal drug use is a factor of many different things, including societal status within a community
    I will go so far as to say that no, choosing to engage in illegal drugs is a personal choice, and should be punished. I remember back when I was in high school, I know of this one guys I was friends with in middle school, he decided to find someone that sold coke, and start messing around with it. He offered it to me and I firmly said no I don't want that shit, like he showed it to me and everything. I could have said sure, and tried it, but I chose not to, because I believe illegal drugs are bad and will fuck you up.

Don't even come at me with the "poor kids are tricked into becoming drug peddlers" bullshit. I will not have any of that nonsense.

The exception I will give to you though is if a woman dopes up while pregnant and gives the addiction medically to the baby. That baby's life is going to fucking suck.

Edit for more:

societal status leads you to using illegal drugs? You give millennial's a bad name, and that's coming from a millennial.
    Last edited by Maletalana; 2016-09-30 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

cookies
    alcohol
    guns
    citagettes
    domestic violence

If you made alcohol illegal, it would also be an illegal drug, sherlock.

'illegal drugs' is too broad for an international forum.

I will go so far as to say that no, choosing to engage in illegal drugs is a personal choice, and should be punished. I remember back when I was in high school, I know of this one guys I was friends with in middle school, he decided to find someone that sold coke, and start messing around with it. He offered it to me and I firmly said no I don't want that shit, like he showed it to me and everything. I could have said sure, and tried it, but I chose not to, because I believe illegal drugs are bad and will fuck you up.

Don't even come at me with the "poor kids are tricked into becoming drug peddlers" bullshit. I will not have any of that nonsense.

The exception I will give to you though is if a woman dopes up while pregnant and gives the addiction medically to the baby. That baby's life is going to fucking suck.

Edit for more:

societal status leads you to using illegal drugs? You give millennial's a bad name, and that's coming from a millennial.
    there are plenty of examples of societal status leading to drug use and selling drugs.

1) the island of st maarten, specifically pretourism/post tourism selling of drugs forced on the lower class.

2) the poors only remedy being a career in illegal drugs sales, which happens in basically every country on earth

its nice that youre white and suburban. but cmon now, the topic at hand isnt even about white suburbia.

10+ Year Old Account

Off with his head
    For smoking pot?

Hahahaha

Hahahahahaha

7+ Year Old Account
    If you made alcohol illegal, it would also be an illegal drug, sherlock.

'illegal drugs' is too broad for an international forum.
    Ope, sorry about that, I was being lazy. The group I was referring to are:
    Methamphetamines, Cocaine, Heroin, and their competitors/offbrands/synthetics/alternate-names

Alcohol would not be in that list obviously, neither would caffine, Tylenol, and various other mentions in this thread

- - - Updated - - -

For smoking pot?

Hahahaha

Hahahahahaha
    that was mainly satirical, and the drugs in question are meth/heroin/cocaine.
    marijuana is its own topic

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading that someone actually believes this knocked the wind out of my lungs. Are you fucking high as you type this out? I am flabbergasted at the notion that someone out there actually believes this.

Voting for Jill Stein eh?
    You sound like a Trump voter.

- - - Updated - - -

Ope, sorry about that, I was being lazy. The group I was referring to are:
    Methamphetamines, Cocaine, Heroin, and their competitors/offbrands/synthetics/alternate-names

Alcohol would not be in that list obviously, neither would caffine, Tylenol, and various other mentions in this thread

- - - Updated - - -

that was mainly satirical, and the drugs in question are meth/heroin/cocaine.
    marijuana is its own topic
    Based on what? Alcohol also destroys lives and families?
    Its also classed as an hard drug.
    What standards are you using? Besides 'its an illegal hard drug!'?
    And people in that country are getting killed for pot, it includes all illegal drugs.

Whatever, you're still batshit crazy.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2016-09-30 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    thats disingenuous

a single bottle of beer or a single packet of cigarettes will do much less harm than a single bullet
    In that aspect, I was referring to just consumables.

Of course, a bullet can't do much harm without the gun

In that aspect, I was referring to just consumables.

Of course, a bullet can't do much harm without the gun
    by that logic then guns, cigarettes, and alcohol are all harmless