Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So what about those who are hooked up on a substance and they are actively fighting it, battling with their addiction? Do they die?
    Users are sick people. I might agree - only after a trial - for those who sell it (in big quantities) for a death penalty but even that for very special cases (aka guy is trying to push 100 ks of heroin kind of deal).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    disagree. Drug addiction is a medical issue not a criminal one and should be treated as such.
    I think the initial choice to engage in drugs in the first place is a personal (wrong) choice. I am aware that you become biologically addicted to the drug afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    So what about those who are hooked up on a substance and they are actively fighting it, battling with their addiction? Do they die?
    Users are sick people. I might agree - only after a trial - for those who sell it (in big quantities) for a death penalty but even that for very special cases (aka guy is trying to push 100 ks of heroin kind of deal).
    This is where the trial would come in. Smoke pot a few times and want help getting rid of the urge? great go get help.

Sell meth to kids? Push 100 ks of heroin? bye

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I believe meth is bad, so I don't use it. I've stated that before. Of course, I also think cigarettes are bad, so I don't use them, either.

You are the one not applying logic in a consistent manner, and you are getting angry at others for it. You don't want to talk about those other things, because it shows that you are being inconsistent, and completely destroys your entire argument.
    So you agree with that thesis then?

No, I am not angry. I am a bit baffled how difficult it is to get people to agree that meth is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

"Meth is bad"

BUT MAL SOMETHING ELSE IS ALSO BAD SO BY YOUR LOGIC I GET TO MURDER YOU BECAUSE I DISAGREE WITH YOU

seriously gen ot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    I think the initial choice to engage in drugs in the first place is a personal (wrong) choice. I am aware that you become biologically addicted to the drug afterwards.
    It is a personal choice but who among us hasn't made bad choices before? I don't know the circumstances that led to someone picking up meth and heroin so I'm not going to cast judgement on them. So long as they aren't harming others and want help to battle their addiction I'll be there to lend a hand. I think locking them up or killing people for addiction serves no purpose and would just make the problem worse.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is a personal choice but who among us hasn't made bad choices before? I don't know the circumstances that led to someone picking up meth and heroin so I'm not going to cast judgement on them. So long as they aren't harming others and want help to battle their addiction I'll be there to lend a hand. I think locking them up or killing people for addiction serves no purpose and would just make the problem worse.
    I cant sit here and really believe that a choice that leads someone to meth use and selling is an oopsie that can be forgiven. I cant imagine a scenario where a normal good citizen, commits to choice 'X' and now hes a meth user. That doesn't make sense. those are two different people

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    His brutal war on drugs in aimed at street level dealers and users, while it ignores the higher level criminals behind the supply and distribution networks.

For all his hard line, his war on drugs will fail as badly as americas war on drugs has.
    I agree, he needs to refocus on the top line, however I would not say to ignore the medium from top to bottom, or the users themselves.

I would say it is probably smarter to target the head of the snake first

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a quick question, do you believe meth, heroin, and coke, are bad for the community?

Not talking about pot, not comparing with alcohol, or any other stupid question in disguise.

Simple yes or no answer
    I think my body belongs to me. If i want to do coke, meth or whatever i wanna do, that's my fucking business. Not yours and your nanny government.

- - - Updated - - -

This is where the trial would come in. Smoke pot a few times and want help getting rid of the urge? great go get help.

Sell meth to kids? Push 100 ks of heroin? bye

- - - Updated - - -

So you agree with that thesis then?

No, I am not angry. I am a bit baffled how difficult it is to get people to agree that meth is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

"Meth is bad"

BUT MAL SOMETHING ELSE IS ALSO BAD SO BY YOUR LOGIC I GET TO MURDER YOU BECAUSE I DISAGREE WITH YOU

seriously gen ot?
    I agree that things can be bad. It's not a difficult concept. i do not agree with making it illegal, and I do not apply it in an inconsistent manner. I also don't think that a simple action harms others, because you are trying to link separate actions.

If you are justifying the killing of someone, strictly because it is illegal, then you are basing it off of arbitrary bullshit. If you are basing it off of harm, then there are other thing that should be far higher on that list. Do you want to also make them illegal, and prosecute all those who use or sell them? If not, then you are being a hypocrite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only people we should kill are the people telling others what they can or can't put in their own bodies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Am I to believe that suggesting that meth and heroin are bad, is not true?

why wont you simply say, I believe meth and heroin are bad for the community.

why cant you say that?
    Because I don't give a shit, killing anybody for using drugs is way too far off in crazy authoritarian land for me.
    I have principles.

guy seems like he typical hyper aggressive fascist type

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant sit here and really believe that a choice that leads someone to meth use and selling is an oopsie that can be forgiven. I cant imagine a scenario where a normal good citizen, commits to choice 'X' and now hes a meth user. That doesn't make sense. those are two different people
    Selling is an entirely different thing here. I'm talking about drug users. Why they turn to the drug is a mystery, maybe they just wanted to experiment and they underestimated their will to avoid addiction, maybe they're in a very dark place in their life and the drugs give them an escape but eventually it turns into an all consuming addiction that is worse than whatever they were facing. I don't know but it's not for me to decide if they're a good or bad person.

Bad people can be drug addicts but not all drug addicts are bad people. Especially when considering all the different types of drugs and how many "addicts" one knows but it isn't very apparent. Smokers, alcoholics, painkillers etc.

Selling is an entirely different thing here. I'm talking about drug users. Why they turn to the drug is a mystery, maybe they just wanted to experiment and they underestimated their will to avoid addiction, maybe they're in a very dark place in their life and the drugs give them an escape but eventually it turns into an all consuming addiction that is worse than whatever they were facing. I don't know but it's not for me to decide if they're a good or bad person.

Bad people can be drug addicts but not all drug addicts are bad people. Especially when considering all the different types of drugs and how many "addicts" one knows but it isn't very apparent. Smokers, alcoholics, painkillers etc.
    The same can be said for drug dealers. Bad people can be drug dealers, but certainly not all drug dealers are bad.

Deleted
    I like him!

10+ Year Old Account
    The same can be said for drug dealers. Bad people can be drug dealers, but certainly not all drug dealers are bad.
    No not necessarily but I think the line gets a bit blurry when it comes to being a seller to known addicts and profiting off their addiction. Maybe it's not inherently sinister but it definitely brings up some debate of morality.

No not necessarily but I think the line gets a bit blurry when it comes to being a seller to known addicts and profiting off their addiction. Maybe it's not inherently sinister but it definitely brings up some debate of morality.
    Then we would have to add bartenders and liquor store cashiers into that mix. We may also want to add those that sell things that are clearly harmful to a person's body, like anything that is sold at Buffalo Wild Wings. Mind you, I just have a problem with the quality of the food at BWW, and think the place has gone to shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then we would have to add bartenders and liquor store cashiers into that mix. We may also want to add those that sell things that are clearly harmful to a person's body, like anything that is sold at Buffalo Wild Wings. Mind you, I just have a problem with the quality of the food at BWW, and think the place has gone to shit.
    Basically yeah, that's why it's hard to really pin down. To vilify illegal drug dealers and not other "legal" dealers is hypocritical. Buffalo wild wings are great though I'd eat that poison 24/7 if I could.

10+ Year Old Account
    i applaud him in his effort. somewhat. criminals are scum. although i'd rather he go after the gangs instead. shoot them instead. i'd rather see the drug user rehabilitated.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-09-30 at 04:33 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That is not much better.
    Imprisoning them is already questionable.
    If you give people the death penalty for trivial shit like that, what will you do when they commit things that are actually bad?
    What will you do when a drug user decides to shoot his way out of an arrest?
    That's one strong argument against the death penalty (besides the point where the entire thing is retarded): Those suspects have nothing to lose.
    They already have some of the hardest penalty's for drugs in the world including death, they are in the top 10 country's with tuffast drug sentences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    They already have some of the hardest penalty's for drugs in the world including death, they are in the top 10 country's with tuffast drug sentences.
    other countries should follow their example so that crime is eradicated from the world. all the violent criminals who deal in crime must be removed from society.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    other countries should follow their example so that crime is eradicated from the world. all the violent criminals who deal in crime must be removed from society.
    And like with other asian country's all prisons are overcrowded with 30 people sharing one cell. Most asian country's have life sentence or death penalty for drugs even small amounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Neurological predisposition for addiction is every bit as biologically innate and difficult to control as depression, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia. Speaking as a neuroscientist, you might want to know what you're talking about before opening your mouth and proving your ignorance.
    No, it's not even comparable to those things. Taking drugs is a choice, getting depressed is not.