Page 1 of 2
LastLast

You can jump with Glyph of the Wraith Walker

Just noticed that you can jump while using Wrath Walk and the glyph [Glyph of the Wraith Walker]. Not sure if this is intended or glyphs are no longer cosmetic only.

Deleted
    Yes.
    It's a known fact that DK is about the only (I think?) class that still uses glyphs like we did back in cata to wod. Because sure as FUCK WW is shit without the glyph.

the fact we need a glyph to make it suck a little less goes to show how poorly designed it is to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    the fact we need a glyph to make it suck a little less goes to show how poorly designed it is to begin with.
    To make it usable, you mean? When I was all floaty it was cool but I would get stuck on stuff ALL THE TIME. It got me killed so much before I shelled out the cash for the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthro View Post
    To make it usable, you mean? When I was all floaty it was cool but I would get stuck on stuff ALL THE TIME. It got me killed so much before I shelled out the cash for the glyph.
    Sad...but true.

I really wish they would scrap the stupid wraith walk and just give us the same ability as the paladins, it's as fitting for us as it for them (I would argue in a wow setting it even makes more sense since we can summon our mounts from the shadowlands) it's already in place and it works and works well.

I know it would kind of suck to have the same movement ability as another class, but really we are never going to see any real adjustment that makes up for the horribleness of wraith walk, we are going to continue to have mediocre DPS (at best) utility and defenses.

Yes, it's more about being able to walk over small obstacles than jumping. That glyph is completely mandatory, it isn't cosmetic at all.

Or just give us the perfectly fine Death's Advance back. I don't know why they took it away. It didn't make us movement gods or anything it just let us like actually move.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since this expansion is all about "class fantasy", where does wraith walk fit it with blood and unholy?
    REALLY hope blizz would UNFUCK this spells so ppl arnt forced to pay 7000g++ to unfuck this weakass mobility spell
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

From a 'class fantasy' point of view I understand getting rid of Death's Advance, it really was kind of silly looking, functional of course, but odd looking. Replacing it with something that functionally worked the same but made better sense and visually more appealing would have been fine with me.

I even get the 'fantasy' of Wraith Walk, we enter the spirit world and suddenly can move faster, very fitting with whole undead theme of the class.

But Wraith Walk was just so poorly implemented, that at this time I don't even want it to be made better, I just want it gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    From a 'class fantasy' point of view I understand getting rid of Death's Advance, it really was kind of silly looking, functional of course, but odd looking. Replacing it with something that functionally worked the same but made better sense and visually more appealing would have been fine with me.

I even get the 'fantasy' of Wraith Walk, we enter the spirit world and suddenly can move faster, very fitting with whole undead theme of the class.

But Wraith Walk was just so poorly implemented, that at this time I don't even want it to be made better, I just want it gone.
    But Wraith Walk without a glyph isn't even a Walk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

about as much class fantasy as unholy getting soulreaper while Frost actually has Frostmourne shards....

The only spec of Dk that should be dealing with souls is Frost

just like the only spec of DK that deals with ghouls is unholy

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    about as much class fantasy as unholy getting soulreaper while Frost actually has Frostmourne shards....

The only spec of Dk that should be dealing with souls is Frost

just like the only spec of DK that deals with ghouls is unholy
    Why?

What does frost have to do with souls? Far as I know the whole Frost deals with soul magic is entirely player driven and doesn't really match anything in lore.

The only reason people try to make is fit is because of the name of the sword, Frostmourne, which was just that, a name.

EDIT - I know what's coming next Frost got the shards of frostmourne and you know what maybe Frost should have soul manipulation as it's identity, which I'm fine with, but really none of this matters overall the whole idea of specs being so divided is silly to me, a DK should be dipping into all three identities like they did originally, with Frost and Blood being able to summon ghouls, even if only temporarily, all specs having death strike etc.
    Last edited by Casterbridge; 2016-09-30 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Just noticed that you can jump while using Wrath Walk and the glyph [Glyph of the Wraith Walker]. Not sure if this is intended or glyphs are no longer cosmetic only.
    yup already changed it a few weeks ago . kinda annoying if you cant jump huh

Why?

What does frost have to do with souls? Far as I know the whole Frost deals with soul magic is entirely player driven and doesn't really match anything in lore.

The only reason people try to make is fit is because of the name of the sword, Frostmourne, which was just that, a name.
    Well the sword for sure. But the thing is, frostmourne reaped the souls of fallen enemies. The frost blades use the shards of said sword not the unholy weapon. So why does unholy have it when they have nothing to do with the weapon that reaps souls. With that said, if you think dead or soul, at least in my mind, I think cold not shadow. Frost is icy/cold identity so again...why does u holy have soul reaper

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Well the sword for sure. But the thing is, frostmourne reaped the souls of fallen enemies. The frost blades use the shards of said sword not the unholy weapon. So why does unholy have it when they have nothing to do with the weapon that reaps souls. With that said, if you think dead or soul, at least in my mind, I think cold not shadow. Frost is icy/cold identity so again...why does u holy have soul reaper
    Why does DK the class and name that's always riding a horse because it's a KNIGHT not ride a horse into combat?

We definitely need to have WW revamped or removed.
    I'm all for taking the paladins charger ability and just re-skinning it.
    Making the talent currently in place to "buff" WW and making it basically the same talent the Paladin has for their ability (2 stacks and all).

It would solve multiple issues in one fell swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    Why does DK the class and name that's always riding a horse because it's a KNIGHT not ride a horse into combat?
    That's a great question but not one I can answer.

Isn't it great having to spend 10k on a glyph to make a spell work properly?

It isn't the gold... it is the principle of it.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

This glyph is awesome. You can even moon walk with it.