Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic + Bias towards warlocks

Hey there,

So this is my first post on the forum. I have been reading a lot of negativity about locks coming from both lock players and other locks. Personally I am playing destro and I am finding it fine. My DPS is solid, not as good as other classes but not terrible. In mythic dungeons Im rarely bottom of the table. What is really getting to me is the instant assumption that locks arent good enough for mythic +. I am ilvl 851 and I am being declined by groups listing req of 840, it really sucks.

I dont know how to rectify this bar maybe the lock community being less negative about our class. We are far from unplayable, what is making us unplayable is being left in the cold because of the perceived uselessness

It's like racism in wow. There isn't much we can do directly, but I personally always try very hard when joining a pug group. I talk plenty and try to keep things positive. I hope that if I can leave a good taste in their mouth, they'll be more likely to pick up a lock again in the future. Oh, and I put up some big numbers

It's will continue to happen for a while. The perception of locks is bad atm. I'm 864 and I consistently get declined from Mythic and Mythic+ b/c "Warlock".

Deleted
    Yes it is harder as a warlock to find groups.

Best is to get a good premade group of people that rush through those dungeons. Make some friends and show them how good you are.
    Since warlocks in generally are bad and don't bring much to the table and also melees are a bit too strong right now ... it won't change in the next 2-3 weeks.

I am fortunate enough to get a good group that values what I can do as a warlock and doesn't see me as the class I play but the player I am

*Checks watch*

Looks like it's about time for Conflux & Co. to come in with logs and tell you why you're wrong for doing well with Warlock.

Update: Damn, I'm good. Same timestamp and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikaz View Post
    *Checks watch*

Looks like it's about time for Conflux & Co. to come in with logs and tell you why you're wrong for doing well with Warlock.

Haha maybe better to say Im doing well enough for my standards 220-250k ST kinda

Deleted
    Topping overall damage as Affliction because Lolaoe if I get into groups. Getting there's extremely laborious, though, and I can't say I'm enjoying myself since finding a group can take upwards of two hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker-88 View Post
    We are far from unplayable, what is making us unplayable is being left in the cold because of the perceived uselessness
    We're also far from fire mages, hunters or multiple melee specs.

Have never seen a warlock in any of our runs, not even had one apply via the LFG tool xD

I play Hunter main, most of the item level requirements are people wanting to be carried - i'm 847+ now but when i was a lot lower i was destroying people on the metres they are just wanting free carries by better players.

I hope warlocks shine through, i just finished levelling harrydotter - mostly for BG's so he is fine there, but elsewhere is meh.

Deleted
    Hello there. So im demo and i share ur feelings.

I was in DHT +8 today one dude asked "why do we have lock?" Other one answered that locks arent that bad after buff. Whats worth mentioning is that i was competing close to 863 enh sham and 860 hunter mm. I was in top 2 most of time on both trash and bosses. Sadly we didnt make it on time cause of wipe at the last trash pack.

Inb4 its just one example yadada. Im a decent player and im with lock for a very long time .i kno some shit. Situations like above happen all the time. Its just an example.

What i would really like to se in locks now is some utility like idk BL or making HSs bigger deal w/ SS being instant.

I found gateway to be userful. Eapecially on dragon boss in dht. Ritual of summoning is amazing when some1 fails at skipping trash or smthing. Saved me a whole run when a guy dun goofed at his invis pot.

Now to the point. Please STOP THE MEME of warlocks being shit tier. Theyre not top notch but neither shit. And again dont give BS like ayyy u play with baddies. This happens all the time since i got real amount of haste and its even better after buffs.

I'm 866 and I still get auto-declined from groups. It's just gonna happen because of all the hyperbole and sky is falling.

Personally I just keep trying, it usually takes a few extra and unnecessary tries to get into a pug but its not impossible.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

it's gonna happen because you host a group check how many people apply, you get 15 within a minute, now you've got the be the best out of 15 people, how often is that likely to happen?

they not just declining you and waiting for someone else they are accepting 1 person and declining 14 others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    it's gonna happen because you host a group check how many people apply, you get 15 within a minute, now you've got the be the best out of 15 people, how often is that likely to happen?

they not just declining you and waiting for someone else they are accepting 1 person and declining 14 others.
    Ask yourself: If I was to make a group, would I pick that random Warlock when I have a plethora of what are generally considered better DPS classes to pick from? Chances are, you'll answer that with a "No.". I know I would if I was in the position of someone with little knowledge of our capabilities.

We have virtually no utility, our DPS is situational. Those are factors nobody can deny.

Deleted
    *Checks watch*

Why do you have to be such a miserable person?
    Also you were wrong. I am doing well as a warlock aswell. I am better than most guys in my guild

I would appreciate it if you take your negativity somewhere else.

Deleted
    All you can do is keep trying and when you get in a group, play your best and try and change opinions. Overall I am having a lot of fun with Demo implosion build and overall damage throughout all the dungeon is very good compared to other pugs who dont play as good clearly. Or get in a guild where you get groups. We do that and have a warlock and spriest (I know sadistic or what) and still manage to do fine cos we good players. Cleared M+7 which is fine with me. All you can do is change opnions of ignorant, simple, narrowminded weirdos thst play wow. Even then, if you rape meters, they will still be ignorant. Can but pity these people.

*Checks watch*

Haha, called it.

Quote Originally Posted by 101blubb View Post
    Ask yourself: If I was to make a group, would I pick that random Warlock when I have a plethora of what are generally considered better DPS classes to pick from? Chances are, you'll answer that with a "No.". I know I would if I was in the position of someone with little knowledge of our capabilities.

We have virtually no utility, our DPS is situational. Those are factors nobody can deny.
    still you are 1 from many choices, you're asking to be the best choice everytime.

or just a mid pack choice? then who picks you then? they'll always go for the top choice, so yeh you're kinda asking plz make warlocks the best 5man dps class in the game because i shouldn't be declined.

I'm ivl 859 and got declined for an 840 group.

Well, their loss heh.

As for the question above: I would seek any class that optimize my group comp and take it based on ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'm 866 and I still get auto-declined from groups. It's just gonna happen because of all the hyperbole and sky is falling.

Personally I just keep trying, it usually takes a few extra and unnecessary tries to get into a pug but its not impossible.
    Yep. People kinda did it to themselves talking about how bad Warlocks are all day long. Warlocks have always been great in Mythic+ groups, but they didn't want to figure that out early on.

DPS always have a harder time getting into groups though, it's just amplified a bit because we're Locks. Try to join groups with less people in them rather than ones that are 4/5s full. Link relevant achievements when you queue up. Don't be scared to whisper the leader when you queue up. Gotta put in a bit more effort, but pugging is still possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    Yep. People kinda did it to themselves talking about how bad Warlocks are all day long. Warlocks have always been great in Mythic+ groups, but they didn't want to figure that out early on.

DPS always have a harder time getting into groups though, it's just amplified a bit because we're Locks. Try to join groups with less people in them rather than ones that are 4/5s full. Link relevant achievements when you queue up. Don't be scared to whisper the leader when you queue up. Gotta put in a bit more effort, but pugging is still possible.
    I do agree, however on my Hunter i get instant invites to ANY group i have requested to join - only 845 ilvl. Bear in mind i carry them on dps most runs, people do sub consciously (or consciously) select the "god tier" classes. I notice hunters and DH in every group i go in, never ever see a warlock.