Poll: Should reputation be account wide?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    The MoP system of increased rep gain for alts worked fine. Bring that back.
    Agreed. We need a system like that, not account wide ones.

Account wide makes no sense, because what's going to keep me from leveling up 4 characters, doing easy quests, and reaping the rewards so much faster? Now if you want a system where your highest rep is the one that carries over and all of your alts don't generate rep, then maybe that be okay, but I can't imagine the coding that would have to go into a system like that.

A system where, for every alt, you generate 50% more rep, maybe even 100% more if you're exalted on another character, makes a hell of a lot more sense, and gives more than enough to cover the time investment of grinding on your main, while still having your alts feel like alts, not just what you're asking for, which is essentially a spec switch. Our characters are no longer unique when we can just hop in and out of them and retain nearly all of the rewards we've already gained on another character.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    no. stop being bad. you get free epics and now you want free rep too?
    That is not what the OP is asking. Try reading for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If they do that then the dailies and stuff would have to be account wide too which would be an even bigger overhaul on the entire system and wouldn't be worth it.
    Once per account dailies already exist, Blingtron's an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I'm not a masochist and don't like doing the same repetitive shit as some fuck all way of validating extra content to do later on to an alt. That kind of MMO gameplay is extremely outdated and needs to be done away with in WoW once and for all.
    Fully agreed. Blizzard used to be good at 'borrowing' ideas from other MMOs and improving them for WoW, but they consistently seem to be behind when it comes to account wide anything. I don't know if it's because they just don't want to or don't have the technology, but it is definitely outdated either way.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

while it would be nice from the standpoint of looking at my alts' rep tab and having a sad about how many empty bars they have, it's not really necessary. Most of the non-gameplay rewards are already accountwide (pets, mounts, titles etc.) and the stuff that isn't would just be time gated behind some type of farmable currency instead (gear, recipes, etc.)

Rep is a game system that isn't perfect but works 'well enough' not to be on the short list for revision, I assume

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    The MoP system of increased rep gain for alts worked fine. Bring that back.
    I have absolutely no idea why they didn't continue the idea into WoD and Legion, it worked brilliantly

No. Stop playing alts thinking you only have to put in 30 minutes per week and be at the same progress-level as your main.

Deleted
    I would be fine if your entire battle.net account would share reputations, but obviously the only smart way of doing it would be to pick the highest reputation you have, instead of adding all of them up, especially since some reputations can be farmed easily to like, for example, honored, and then it gets harder.

Just pick the highest reputation across all characters on the account, and assign that as the account-wide reputation.

Anything beyond that is basically just pointless punishment for alt players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Once per account dailies already exist, Blingtron's an example.
    Once per account dailies are different from something that gives rep. They would have to make sure that the quest doesn't flag for other heroes, that it properly awards rep, etc. There are a lot of bugs that could come up and would take a lot of refining. They would also have to go back through and readjust all the old dailies.

Then you have the issue of all the quests that award rep. They would have to adjust all the quests that give rep to only give rep the first time and then subsequent times give nothing. Otherwise someone who levels up 10 alts in a zone could hit exalted in a few hours while someone who has 1 struggles.

So it's not a matter of just flagging it like a Blingtron daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Fully agreed. Blizzard used to be good at 'borrowing' ideas from other MMOs and improving them for WoW, but they consistently seem to be behind when it comes to account wide anything. I don't know if it's because they just don't want to or don't have the technology, but it is definitely outdated either way.
    They've stated multiple times it is because they don't want that system in WoW. They want characters to still have some kind of attachment. If you are earning reputation with a faction then they want it to be because you are playing that hero instead of just playing your main and your alt waltzes in and grabs everything off the vendor later on.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    No. Stop playing alts thinking you only have to put in 30 minutes per week and be at the same progress-level as your main.
    But why? Why can't my Account be my main? Why does each alt need to do the exact same 1292 WQs\dailys? What value does me doing those rep grinds over and over bring to the table? It seems folks who are against account wide things are really more against alts. I say gone is the days where people are going to be happy playing just 1 class and 1 spec. Games have evolved, players have evolved, expectations have evolved.

the sad fact is that when i get "done" so to speak with my main (yes i understand you can get every achieve crowd and this and that) which for me is finish the current raid at heroic with my guild, place in the top dps of MY guild (i dont care about others, i play BM hunter :P) and then some cosmetic things i want to play an alt.

In years past even though it was slower you could still feel like you could play with friends. now its horrible. I actually cancelled my 2nd account because i simply dont have time to grind to even get to a "fun" play point :P This is the first time in 10 years ive not had a 2nd account

I think they should make non-current expansion reps account wide. Maybe add the MoP catchup system for the current expansion.

Previous expansion account wide, current expansion 100% more gains on account at exalted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    no. stop being bad. you get free epics and now you want free rep too?
    Its not free rep, you still have to work 100% to get there.

But for those who play lots of alts, we have to do 4 times as much rep grinding as you? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Its not free rep, you still have to work 100% to get there.

But for those who play lots of alts, we have to do 4 times as much rep grinding as you? Why?
    It's your alt tax, you know, that archaic non-sense which punished hybrids for way too many years.

A properly balanced system should encourage alt leveling and accelerate it, not punish you and leave it as the default state as you did with a main. But I suppose people really don't like that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    If my alts could get 840 gear as soon as they got to 110 would just ruin (it).
    How would my having an alt ruin the game for you. Youre saying that you really enjoy re-grinding all the rep for each new alt you make? It doesn't take away from the experience, you still have to earn it in the first place.

If I am in a guild, and they need me to bring my old paladin that's 100 up so that they can use him, why do we have to wait an extra week or two before im ready, since I have to *re-grind* all the work that I, as a player, have already done.

The part of this game I enjoy is not grinding rep multiple times over and over again. Once is enough per faction, thanks

Yes, it's really shitty how they nerfed The Defilers though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    It would not be such a bad thing for old reps. Current expansion reps should stay as they are per character.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    My thought is that it's not about being vocal but rather if it makes sense. If crowd screams about something it doesn't mean it must happen. There is no thing such as "it's time to do it" if it still doesn't make sense to do it. For Blizzard, leveling alt is not same as playing main but I fully agree that if I have done reputation on my main, why the fuck I have to do it on alt?? When I switch to alt, it's still me - I don't magically switch to be another person who hasn't done rep grinding at all. Plus, gears from reputations is good enough to get starting gear on your alt but then it should not be immediately when expansion launches.
    Exactly, I want to lvl my alt and then bam, I have access to revered gear or whatever, so that I can get into the raid scene, that's why I lvld the alt anyway, and ive already don't the work in the first place, so its not cheating, PLUS it would incentivize playing WoW more, by lvling alts.

Lets say, like some of the crazies here, that the BEST part of the game, is rep grinding. (dunno why some ppl have hardons for this but whatever)

Once I hit exaulted, im done. Lvl an alt! says Blizz. Sure, but then you remove all the progess I have made grinding rep, its like losing your save file. Makes me want to NOT lvl an alt, on purpose.

No, only thing worth doing they've already done, adding in the account wide rep boost item in MoP. They can add that in whenever they like and it's fine.

Reputation is fine as it is, they even went and fixed some of the old pvp ones awhile back like AB/WSG to make it easier to grind. These Legion reps are in a good spot overall.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I realize I'm very old school about this but character reputation should be a result of the character's activities in the game with the various forces that give reputation. I'm 100% against someone paying $60 for a boost and the new character having full-up reputation due to some other character's game activities.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."