Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Does WOW developers read Blizzard EU forums or just US ones?

I heard many times on US forums that WOW developers read General Discussion sub-forum on US forums.Also some of them post there.
    But never heard about developers reading EU Blizzard forums. So is there any info about that?

Which is eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/

I guess not all Developers can read German Blizzard WOW forum, because not all of them know German.
    But EU English forums full of ppl from United Kingdom,Sweden,Norway, Denmark and Nederlands and ppl from those countries speak english well.

Because native languages of those countries just like English language belong to Germanic language group.
    (ofc not evryone from those countries speak English well, alot Swiss people doesnt speak English)

(and EU forum also have ppl from other countries that doesnt know English well and not evryone in EU and even US knows English)
    Last edited by Luckx; 2016-09-30 at 01:20 PM.

There would be employees from Blizzard that will read the EU forums and relay the information.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that is what Community Managers do. They relay information to community, but also gather information from forums and give to developers.
    But in order for something to be heard it has to be mentioned by a lot of players, not just one's man opinion without facts.

Deleted
    I doubt developers read any forums at all.
    They have community managers and moderators to do that.

Deleted
    They don't read EU forums, they even joked about it in blizzard's documentary. They think EU has nothing important to say and it's just garbage when in reality it's both forums filled with garbage, as every forum

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    They don't read EU forums, they even joked about it in blizzard's documentary. They think EU has nothing important to say and it's just garbage when in reality it's both forums filled with garbage, as every forum
    They joked in documentary about not reading forums in General or just not reading EU forums?

I guess most developers dont read them, but Ion "Watcher" Hazzikostas ( lead encounter desinger) posting on US forums and when he posting he also quotes other ppl posts, so did is also Ghostcrawler during WOTLK.

so to awnser your question: do they read the EU forums.
    short awnser: yes.
    long awnser: yes they appear to do if we look at the blue tracker here on mmo-champion.
    i compared the number of blue posts made on the us forums and the eu forums and these are the results:
    US forums:
    17 threads with blue responses

EU forums:
    7 threads with blue responses

note:
    this is a snap image so it should be treated as such (so with a grain of salt )
    also this is only from the first page on the blue tracker.
    and these numbers exclude threads made by the account "Blizzard" since this account posts the same threads on both forums

Deleted
    I don't believe that.

Do you have a link/source for that?

Deleted
    Why do we have seperate forums in the first place, outside the specific realms/language specific forums, don't see the need to split them up to be honest.

(Same goes for accounts, just make it possible to create accounts on all regions, but suggest your local ones as default.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
    so to awnser your question: do they read the EU forums.
    short awnser: yes.
    long awnser: yes they appear to do if we look at the blue tracker here on mmo-champion.
    i compared the number of blue posts made on the us forums and the eu forums and these are the results:
    US forums:
    17 threads with blue responses

EU forums:
    7 threads with blue responses

note:
    this is a snap image so it should be treated as such (so with a grain of salt )
    also this is only from the first page on the blue tracker.
    and these numbers exclude threads made by the account "Blizzard" since this account posts the same threads on both forums
    Well blue responses on both US and EU forums, and especially EU forum come mostly not from WOW Developers but from community managers who are Blizzard employees, but probably not involved in game developerment.

And on US forums WOW expansions desingers and developers posting sometimes like Ion "Watcher" Hazzikostas and like Ghostcrawler did during WOTLK.

And some WOW developers might read US forums without posting there.

That'd be kind of silly if true. (I say this as someone from the USA, BTW). IIRC, most of WoW's numbers are in Europe and Asia, and comparatively, North and South America provide not nearly as much. Hell, isn't it's competitive scene now almost entirely dominated by Europeans?

The devs aren't supposed the forums, Community Managers are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberTod View Post
    I think that is what Community Managers do. They relay information to community, but also gather information from forums and give to developers.
    But in order for something to be heard it has to be mentioned by a lot of players, not just one's man opinion without facts.
    I understand that EU and US servers exist because of latency reasons, but why EU accaunts cant post on US on forums and vice versa, its a bit weird.

(expect Newcomers,Customer Support and Technical support forums that are aviable to trial accaunt and ppl with no game time)

Since US forums posters is not only from USA but also from Canada,Mexico,Central and South American countries, Australia, New Zealand and also some Asian countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    I don't believe that.

Do you have a link/source for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    They joked in documentary about not reading forums in General or just not reading EU forums?

I guess most developers dont read them, but Ion "Watcher" Hazzikostas ( lead encounter desinger) posting on US forums and when he posting he also quotes other ppl posts, so did is also Ghostcrawler during WOTLK.
    Not joking - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyPzTywUBsQ

Deleted
    There's a snark comment from him around 50:50 time.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are probably right, US forum is better moderated than EU one, less ppl insulting/trolling each other.

But if US and EU was same forum just like US and Oceanic forums, US modetators would take care on EU trolls just like they taking care of trolls on US forums.

from my beta experience, we had a " beta discussion " section on the EU forum, result is, no dev where ever present on it to fix things. ( for example one of the portal of suramar wasn't showing up for me )

Through a workaround I managed to have an acess with a trial account to the US forum, I posted about my trouble and the next hour it was fixed in game. We had also specific exchange with dev on the US board ( mainly for fixing Lunastre questline in Suramar ) which we would never had on the EU boards.

So the Dev do read the US forum, because they are all in the USA, but do not really go on the EU one, who just relay the informations. In more than 10 years of wow I found more information on the US forum and direct answers from community managers than on the EU one who's practically just a reading board, and sometime translated text from the US board. ( and not ALL the dev comment are translated on the EU board either )
    Last edited by Engal; 2016-10-01 at 02:36 PM.

In reality EU forums are close to worthless. The main perk of having it is for people to "feel" that their feedback is taken into consideration. There is no incenitive to post anything when there is nobody with meaning replying to your posts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    They are probably right, US forum is better moderated than EU one, less ppl insulting/trolling each other.

But if US and EU was same forum just like US and Oceanic forums, US modetators would take care on EU trolls just like they taking care of trolls on US forums.
    They created this situation not us, trolls and idiots are everywhere but since they moderatre US harder people are less likely to be a moron in public. EU is wild west, just all goes and nobody cares about that unless it's way out of bounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand Korean or whatever realms having their own forum due to the language difference. But seriously, almost every EU player is using English so there's not a good reason why EU has separate forums. We should be merged with US forum.