Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the alt-unfriendliness has really turned me off.
    Yeah, seriously, fuck Suramar, worst zone in game. :/
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Spoken like a true forum parrots copy-pasting the same canned bullshit.

Yeah, people did end up complaining they ran out of things to do in Vanilla and TBC... monthes after release. Certainly not weeks.
    To be fair that was largely due to travel restrictions. Do you remember how long it took to connect the top half of a continent with the bottom?

People would take days just to wander around exploring everywhere. If they blocked things like Treasure tracking addons maybe then people would take a bit more time to stop and smell the roses.

Maybe if they removed all mounts completely until you did a long quest chain, not just flying mounts.

Maybe if they made materials come from a vendor and cost 10x what they are now, people would need to go out and farm gold.

Those were all things that made Classic take so dang long. I remember having 1000g and thinking I was rich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Spoken like a true forum parrots copy-pasting the same canned bullshit.

Yeah, people did end up complaining they ran out of things to do in Vanilla and TBC... monthes after release. Certainly not weeks.
    Okay then, tell me about all this magnificent content that people had that caused them to remain interested in the game for months and months.

Spoilers: You won't because you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't mind there being dailies/world quests, but the ones in Legion feel sorta required if you want the most Artifact power and Order Hall resources. It's starting to feel like a chore that must be done, and that's when I just stop enjoying to play.
    That seems to be a major issue with the game in general for the last few years. Its become more of a task-based chore, not an adventure like in the past. Basically, they design a small, mediocre continent with flashy textures then throw in a bunch of repetitive tasks to do along with a new gimmick "feature" or two. The game feels more of a grind than it ever has due to shortcomings in other areas. There simply isn't enough substance in other content to make the boring grind not feel so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Did anyone expect people not to get bored with this expansion in short order? This also depends on how much you play and at what level. Yes, its an improvement over the last one, but its still the same overall design philosophy as the last expansion. The game designed has changed drastically over the last few years, its no longer something that provides countless hours of entertainment as back in the 'day (Vanilla/TBC/ even WOTLK). At best it is setup for casual, part time, game play. If you're grinding away for hours everyday then naturally you are going to get bored quickly. The game simply does not have the design scope anymore for sustained high hour game play.
    Exactly, if people haven't noticed the game has become like all the other Blizzard games. It's designed for the short attention span people. Just look at Overwatch, Hearthstone, Diablo, etc. You login for a few minutes, do a quest and log out. It's basically the same design as mobile games.

It seems Blizz dev thinks everyone likes mobile games and lacks the attention needed for extended game play.

Remember the days of Blackrock Depths? The dungeon that took around 4 hours to clear. Yah, those days are long gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    That seems to be a major issue with the game in general for the last few years. Its become more of a task-based chore, not an adventure like in the past. Basically, they design a small, mediocre continent with flashy textures then throw in a bunch of repetitive tasks to do along with a new gimmick "feature" or two. The game feels more of a grind than it ever has due to shortcomings in other areas. There simply isn't enough substance in other content to make the boring grind not feel so boring.
    When a game starts to feel like a job, that's when people quit. Sadly that time has already come for Legion. It seems the time between expansion launches and people realizing what they have keeps getting shorter and shorter.

My problem is that amazing rewards are given for dull and easy tasks.

I shouldn't be able to upgrade from a mythic dungeon trinket because I did a world quest. I shouldn't be able to get gear better than heroic raids from much easier content (mythic+ dungeons)... and that gear is far better statted for my spec, which is my biggest gripe. I don't think this problem would be so bad if there were tier sets in the raid. My buddy got two 890 pieces from back to back dungeons in mythic+; why is that necessary? The dungeons are simply not difficult enough to warrant such good rewards.

I don't think most people care if good loot is only available from difficult content. If you do difficult content, you should get a reward that progresses your character. I don't care about the mounts, I don't care about the titles... I want to progress my character. When the incentive is so strong to do mythic+ dungeons that the raid rewards become almost meaningless, that's a problem for me. The game becomes stale far faster when the most efficient way of doing things is more rewarding and far easier.

So far I'm having fun, but I can see that changing if mythic+ rewards stay competitive with mythic raid rewards.

Deleted
    On one hand, I like Legion. It offers a lot of content that makes 95% of the community happy. On the other hand, I tend to go all hardcore in WoW and want to max out everything as fast as possible. That means that a day after weekly reset, I'm kinda out of things to do that are really important.

I agree that Legion is currently the best MMO for casual players. I can see that everyone that logs in 2hrs/day max has the fun of his/her life. But I really want a challenge, a lot of grind and things to take time. I will still play occassionally, but not as all in as I'd like to.

Deleted
    Dungeons: mythic is just what heroics supposed to be, mythic+ is stressful timed pile of crap. I hate timers.

Raids: short 7 boss raid. Cleared normal in 1 day, CBA doing it again with extra gimmicks.

World quests: seemed like a good idea at first. Had fun for couple of weeks, then it got stale. Same quests over and over again. Done them all during leveling anyway.

Alts: very alt-unfriendly expansion. With AP grind, chances to get titanforged gear from everywhere, I feel like neglecting my main if I try to play alt. Must play main in order to be as good as I can be for guild runs. Catching up takes massive time investment.

Changing specs, changing mains: nightmare because of AP grind. If I try to get some investment into offspec or alt, I'm neglecting my main spec and falling behind. Expansion is very unfriendly towards offspec and alts. AP grind sucks.

Questing: cool stuff. However to do world quests player must do more than half of quests. On each character. Doing same stuff second time isn't as much fun as first time. Doing it third time is even worse. Combined with fact that world quests are just rehashed usual quests players have done during leveling, leveling second/third time is really offputting.

Legendaries... dumbest system ever added to game. Legendaries are too powerful and too random. Why did it have to be RNG?

Warforged/Titanforged gear. Really really really bad system. It gives incentive to run outdated content for chance to get lucky proc, but it also trivializes content too fast. I had 850 in almost all slots when EN was released, all from mythic and world quests. Then when cap was raised, I felt like having to run mythics again each week for sake of getting gear to prepare myself for raid.

I'm kind of player that prefers to do everything in my power to benefit my team. This expansion with all RNG stuff, difficulties galore and massive grinds sucks big time for players like me. The only choices are quit or go too casual, intentionally gimping myself in order to not get burned out too fast. I chose to quit. Playing on unofficial server now.

Professions: questing for recipes was a really cool idea. But recipe ranks idea was terrible. There is a very small set of recipes, so having rank 1 recipe when other player has rank 3 recipe means prices for items produces will match materials required for rank 3 + small profit, which is less than price of materials required for rank 1. That means players with rank 3 get all the loot, players who were too late on profession train or weren't lucky with RNG rank 3 recipes are screwed. Ranks ruin it all.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2016-09-30 at 07:20 PM.

Took me about 20 days before i went "Fuck this." I mean I can see It being entertaining and all. but not just for me right now. The expansion will still be around for 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    Okay then, tell me about all this magnificent content that people had that caused them to remain interested in the game for months and months.

Spoilers: You won't because you can't.
    I'll tell you what most people did, myself included, grind mobs for reputation.

Diplomat title.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=942/the-diplomat

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah getting burned out already. They need to have a steady stream of content. So far, it's much better than WoD at launch but it's incredibly grindy for everything. A nightmare for alt lovers. Which is a pity since this seems like the most story oriented expansion so far. They need to add some kind of catch up mechanic for AP, would be great if they made artifact research levels account bound. You still have to research your weapon to get the skin but at least the AP bonus is passed on to your alts. Would be a great incentive to keep people playing by leveling other classes.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    A little bit bored, yes. But that's unavoidable. You get bored with every single game out there if you play them long enough and in most cases long enough = two weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    I'll tell you what most people did, myself included, grind mobs for reputation.

Diplomat title.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=942/the-diplomat
    Got it before WoD on 2 characters. Anything else? Anything that is actually fun and involves Legion content? (edit: checked armory, I've done it during WoTLK). Old content is old. In Legion Blizzard didn't even add new achievement for more than 70 exalted reps, which I already had. Not that it matters because its pointless and not fun in any way.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2016-09-30 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgameshh View Post
    My problem is that amazing rewards are given for dull and easy tasks.

I shouldn't be able to upgrade from a mythic dungeon trinket because I did a world quest. I shouldn't be able to get gear better than heroic raids from much easier content (mythic+ dungeons)... and that gear is far better statted for my spec, which is my biggest gripe. I don't think this problem would be so bad if there were tier sets in the raid. My buddy got two 890 pieces from back to back dungeons in mythic+; why is that necessary? The dungeons are simply not difficult enough to warrant such good rewards.

I don't think most people care if good loot is only available from difficult content. If you do difficult content, you should get a reward that progresses your character. I don't care about the mounts, I don't care about the titles... I want to progress my character. When the incentive is so strong to do mythic+ dungeons that the raid rewards become almost meaningless, that's a problem for me. The game becomes stale far faster when the most efficient way of doing things is more rewarding and far easier.

So far I'm having fun, but I can see that changing if mythic+ rewards stay competitive with mythic raid rewards.
    Thats the thing. It has become a mount/title/pet collecting game. Rewards along the lines of epic gear have little to no meaning anymore because they have been so cheapened. Back during vanilla / TBC wearing epic / tier gear meant something. You looked forward to working to get it, and were very proud of what you had. Now being decked head to toe dripping with epics means nothing. No one really cares because everyone can have it with minimal effort. And if its not mythic+ gear, who cares? Easy epics are just as cool. Its sad really, the game used to offer huge motivation to play, now it offers almost none.

i bored, but coz of fucking RNG, i was 847 in first week (less then that actuall) and after whole month i'm still 851. well my reason is very personal.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the alt-unfriendliness has really turned me off.
    Yeah, the Artifact power Aquisition thing they have in (for catchup) is incredibly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    To be more precise: On this forum. Some people have insane /played times at 110. The people I know in RL who also play Legion? Some of them aren't even 105. Half of them didn't even unlock flying in WoD.

There is a saner world outside....
    Sure, makes sence, casual game after all, but also able to satisfy us nerds. Not playing wow atm myself, but I keep seing this trend year after year where people only seem to play wow for gearing up...Which is the most useless thing in the entire game. At least achivements, mounts, rep gold farm/proffessions etc "stays" with you, your Ilvl...850? wont stay relevant for more than X months.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Wow, people finally realize that daily quests are boring and repetitive! Maybe there's hope!

World Quests have worked out surprisingly well for me. I can log on, do the emissary daily or pick a handful that I want to do for the session, then go about to do other things or log off without feeling like I'm missing out. As someone that's put a ton of time into the game, I've overall been pleasantly surprised how the system has worked out. They're still 'dailies' in a sense, but using the whole world with varied rewards does a ton for making them fun rather than endlessly tedious. Some of their usefulness will fade out once I'm exalted with everything, as then I'll just cherry-pick the high AP/OR WQs, but I don't think that's an issue. Would be interested to see if they cycle up the system once 7.1 and beyond hits, adding more or higher tier WQs to the system to keep it fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yes, very bored. Farming ancient mana is tedious, as are order resources, and world quests just feel... forced. I keep trying to start leveling alts, but the prospect of spending as much time on them as I did on my main just to get to the same end result just kills it for me.
    Put Manaseeker on your shoulders, I rarely have to go out of my way to pick up extra mana (though I'll grab an arcwine if it's in front of me) in between Withered Training, you get a ton from the manaseeker bags (plus the chance for enchanting mats/pots/etc.)

That being said, i'll agree about alts. I've barely touched mine. Primarily because I have plenty to do on my main, which is a shift they really started working on in WoD, but at the same time some of the early grinds seem nightmarish to repeat on alts.
    Last edited by Nahela; 2016-09-30 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Wow, people finally realize that daily quests are boring and repetitive! Maybe there's hope!
    You think they would have caught on by Cataclysm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's no different than it ever was, it's only an issue if you really take purple font all that seriously.
    Its not the color of the font, it was the journey and experience we had in obtaining them.