Page 93 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    cool buzzwords.
    You still see those people in their mythic armor skins, because they need to stand out like the snowflakes they are.
    People aren't just getting gear in the mail while they sit afk, they actually have to go out and do something. If it doesn't fit in your warped mindset of video games being serious business that's just unfortunate and I wish you luck on your autism.
    In the future I'd appreciate it if you simply stated your disagreement rather than calling another forum poster autistic, thanks.

I'm a casual player. The game isn't "serious business" to me. I enjoy the fact that there are some rewards I won't attain because they are to reward players putting in larger effort than I do. It motivates me to do content I haven't yet.

@OP

Why would you be able to do a raid quest in LFR? Can you do pvp quests in LFR? Can you do mythic plus dungeon quests in LFR? I don't know why they would count doing a glorified scenario as a raid for quest progress. /shrug

This is the easiest raid to come out in quite some while. Get in LFG, find a pug, and get your item. I fail to see any issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    I disagree, they're just cosmetics so there's no reason for it be doable in lfr.
    If there are only cosmetics there is no reason for it to be restricted to normal up.

Deleted
    It is nice. You get/are forced to meet new people.

I wish they would remove LFR so people couldn't complain. Normal is pretty much LFR right now, in terms of difficulty. I pugged Ursoc normal the other day and literally didn't use a real strat and we nuked the boss down with no effort or explanation to the people who had no clue. The only difference is the leader can kick you for being bad or a idiot.

OP was crying about it, and then got flamed for not doing normal then his argument changed to "I thought it was doable on lfr and thats why im mad." Ohh be quiet you trash bag. If you arn't getting drops on ???? difficulty and the quest doesn't specify use google.com. You could even use the backup known as /2 if you cant seem to figure out how to type the address into Safari, pun intended, and figure it out. Your PC sucks too, it has "Casual who went to newegg.com" written all over it. I would love to see your configuration for your graphics. Would prolly die laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I don't know why they would count doing a glorified scenario as a raid for quest progress. .

pretty accurate definition. It isn't even a raid. They already can get 880 gear from LFR, im not sure why they expect more from it.

Deleted
    just wait a couple of months and pugging EN will be easier than doing it in lfr right now, it's just a matter of time so the elitist are happy and even who don't cares at all will be happy with their flashy new skin

Gating one of the skins behind Normal Mode raiding is fine. The fact you are required to do that to also unlock the Mythic + and Mythic Dungeon Meta skin is kind of bullshit.

Wasn't Mythic + being sold as it's own form of progression for players who aren't interested in raiding necessarily?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like the title says,I'm sorry but not being able to do the two Artifact Quests in LFR is bullshit.

The two quests I am talking about is In Nightmares and Essence of Power. These quests from what I been reading can not be completed in LFR.

I tweeted blizzard to confirm and will post the reply when and if I get it.

If that is the case then that is total bullshit. They are making NM+ raiding a requirement for people to progress there Artifact Quest Chain.

Edit: Also no where does it state on the quests you need to do NM+ to finish them.
    EN is easy sauce, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    If there are only cosmetics there is no reason for it to be restricted to normal up.
    how is it different to mythic only mounts? its a visual only, normal IS really easy, if you really want it, do it. or dont. I for example hate pvp, but realllly like the pvp glaives on DH, so I either accept it and give them up or actually play the pvp (which will take FAR MORE time and effort to get than this one), but I wont go to forums and whine about it like spoiled child..

So what's the problem? You think those normal mode (which according to many of you it's so easy) are going to make you feel less special if they give them to LFR? That's really, really pathetic. You don't feel so special any more? You guys sound like a bunch of old ladies at the hairdressers bickering about how your cookies are more special when nobody really cares because according even to you, you have done nothing special to earn your distinctive look.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    So what's the problem? You think those normal mode (which according to many of you it's so easy) are going to make you feel less special if they give them to LFR? That's really, really pathetic. You don't feel so special any more? You guys sound like a bunch of old ladies at the hairdressers bickering about how your cookies are more special when nobody really cares because according even to you, you have done nothing special to earn your distinctive look.
    why stop there? how about the mythic+ recolor is given for completing basic mythic, so its not only foir elitists? and pvp one for winning one ranked BG/arena, because some people hate pvp? the world boss one for one boss, because 8 weeks is a long time to wait? the secret one given to you automatically after a month for the por people, who didnt find theirs on wowhead? seriously, I dont get why it must be from LFR? there is some effort required to get it, so its bad?

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    No, I assumed that all of the base skins would be available to all players as they were before this change, not restricted to a small amount of the player base. Considering they were advertised to all players as an enticement to buy the expansion it was a reasonable assumption.
    I didn't, I figured that some bits would be gated behind PvE I probably wouldn't participate in, and other bits would be gated behind PvP I probably wouldn't participate in.

WoW has always been that way, TBC and WotLK had bosses on the front that you wouldn't get to kill without participating in raids. Various mounts and types of gear have been gated behind content that a lot of players don't have the opportunity or inclination to complete.

WoW offers a lot to casual players and people who don't have a lot of time to dedicate but that doesn't mean it should offer everything.

I guess I can kind of understand people's issues with the fact that, whether or not you enjoy raiding, the Valorous weapon skin as a whole is locked behind completing the Balance of Power raiding quest chain. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that you can't unlock the three additional tints unless you've unlocked the 'base' tint prior.

For the Valorous skin, if you're unlucky, you could go eight weeks killing world bosses and yet not have 30 Corrupted Essences, or you could be a god and get the Mythic Meta in one lockout. But you wouldn't be able to use the tints you've earned, because you haven't completed the Balance of Power quest chain for the 'base' tint, and you just don't like raiding, so you're fucked.

For that argument, the point is not at all about how easy the content necessary to unlock the gate is, or some lack of desire to put in the work (because if you've killed eight WBs and gotten the Mythic Meta, you have put in the work). It's about that gate itself, which sucks. And the way it's set up, there's no other solution than to just suck it up and raid, or just never be able to use the tints you've earned.

I'd be kinda bummed too (if I cared, personally). But that's really the only valid line of argument that I can get behind. The rest just seems like whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    why stop there? how about the mythic+ recolor is given for completing basic mythic, so its not only foir elitists? and pvp one for winning one ranked BG/arena, because some people hate pvp? the world boss one for one boss, because 8 weeks is a long time to wait? the secret one given to you automatically after a month for the por people, who didnt find theirs on wowhead? seriously, I dont get why it must be from LFR? there is some effort required to get it, so its bad?
    What effort? Are we pulling crap out of our own asses again? Like LFR having everyone AFK while loot pours on them? Even in LFR there has to be someone doing something.

So good question, why stop there? Let's get working of making you feel special. For one let's remove all the boosters. Technically speaking as an individual you don't require any effort while being boosted.

You know I love how none of you even tried to make a compromise. Like saying LFR SHOULD get quest drops, but one per raid as opposed to one per boss. That way by the time the LFR people are done with their quests you are bored of feeling special. But no, apparently people are so obsessed with denying LFR as much as possible for a trivial reason which you call "effort" but not really effort cause it's easy. Unless you are gonna change the song and say normals are challenging past finding a few random people? Which kinda makes me believe you are doing this out of pure spite, which is nothing new given how many spiteful little pricks play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I guess I can kind of understand people's issues with the fact that, whether or not you enjoy raiding, the Valorous weapon skin as a whole is locked behind completing the Balance of Power raiding quest chain. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that you can't unlock the three additional tints unless you've unlocked the 'base' tint prior.
    You can't, you must have the base tint.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    Gating one of the skins behind Normal Mode raiding is fine. The fact you are required to do that to also unlock the Mythic + and Mythic Dungeon Meta skin is kind of bullshit.

Wasn't Mythic + being sold as it's own form of progression for players who aren't interested in raiding necessarily?
    You dont need a different skin to be able to progress.

You know, at first I said this was a good idea. Give players incentive to run normal and above for cosmetic reasons. That's the main reason I raid anyway. I love transmogging and collecting sweet great.

But then I realized how fucking RNG this quest is. My guild has full cleared normal twice (basically since EN came out) and I've only gotten 7 essences. Some guildies have less. We've cleared a few bosses on heroic as well and still nothing. It's unbelievable how RNG this quest is. It's so bad that I'd actually rather have it available through LFR.

If the Essence quest wasnt riddled with ridiculous RNG, it would be fine to keep it out of LFR. Unfortunately thats not the case, so I take back what I said a few days ago about this being a good idea. I guess its suppose to take a shitload of EN runs to finish, but still. This expansion has way too much RNG.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-09-30 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    What effort? Are we pulling crap out of our own asses again? Like LFR having everyone AFK while loot pours on them? Even in LFR there has to be someone doing something.

So good question, why stop there? Let's get working of making you feel special. For one let's remove all the boosters. Technically speaking as an individual you don't require any effort while being boosted.

You know I love how none of you even tried to make a compromise. Like saying LFR SHOULD get quest drops, but one per raid as opposed to one per boss. That way by the time the LFR people are done with their quests you are bored of feeling special. But no, apparently people are so obsessed with denying LFR as much as possible for a trivial reason which you call "effort" but not really effort cause it's easy. Unless you are gonna change the song and say normals are challenging past finding a few random people? Which kinda makes me believe you are doing this out of pure spite, which is nothing new given how many spiteful little pricks play this game.
    putting SOME effort into normal doesnt equal normal being hard, it just means its expected of you to atleast be capable to play your class adequately and understand the three boss abilities they have on normal, what LESS can the game ask of you? If you arent willing to put some time and effort to get it, they you simply dont deserve it, its that simple, some other appearances are far more time consuming and/or need far more effort to finish

why is it THIS one, that gets on your nerves anyway? Is it really only because it wasnt properly telegraphed? So if the wep said instead of Balance of Power something like "finish EN on normal" from the get go, would that satisfy you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    You dont need a different skin to be able to progress.
    I never said it was necessary for progression; however, it seems logical that a skin awarded for completing mythic+ and mythic dungeon content wouldn't be gated behind Raid content.
    Last edited by grandgato; 2016-09-30 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
    you call people asperger mafia and wonder why someone would consider you a douche?
    Irony being most people with aspergers are more polite then to say such things as well....Go figure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    And blizzard are certainly not in the wrong for doing that.
    You dont need the skin to be able to progress, if you did then I'd understand people being upset.
    IT IS NOT ABOUT PROGRESSION

Believe it or not but more Ilv more power and more advantages are not why everyone plays.

Hell if they locked another skin on the same path behind it sure go for it but the current design locks the entire tree..Overall it is a thing casual players care about more(looks) rather then hardcore raiders(power)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I didn't, I figured that some bits would be gated behind PvE I probably wouldn't participate in, and other bits would be gated behind PvP I probably wouldn't participate in.

WoW has always been that way, TBC and WotLK had bosses on the front that you wouldn't get to kill without participating in raids. Various mounts and types of gear have been gated behind content that a lot of players don't have the opportunity or inclination to complete.

WoW offers a lot to casual players and people who don't have a lot of time to dedicate but that doesn't mean it should offer everything.
    Actually compared to games like FFXIV it has almost no casual content...